Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,856 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about these two communities? We are looking at a couple of houses in both these areas. I heard the schools (kensington and marvin ridge) are excellent..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 01:39 PM

825 posts, read 2,818,853 times
Do a search of the Charlotte forum for those two subdivisions. Here are search results for Millbridge.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=9836415

You can also use search terms such as Kensington, Cutbertson Middle or High School, Marvin Ridge Middle or High School. Best of luck.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
millbridge will be going to cuthburtson not Marvin Ridge...yes they do go to kensington..do your homework is what I suggest with any new development these days and get a good realtor...I dont know anything about Stone Crest sorry..

Old 12-29-2008, 04:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,098 times
Great communities! And the schools listed are excellent. I don't think you'd do wrong to purchase homes in those communities.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-29-2008, 07:48 AM

293 posts, read 958,595 times
We live in Millbridge and we love it, as well as our neighbors. It is a GREAT area. The clubhouse is just about ready to open and the pools were recently filled and will be ready for the spring! We have been to many meetings with the principals of the new Cuthbertson middle and high schools and we are very pleased with them. There is also a neighborhood/parent meeting with the principals coming up as well. My son has done very well in Kensington elementary. Construction has slowed down quite a bit, but for obvious reasons with the economy, nothing wrong with the neighborhood.
If you need anymore information, just DM me and I will be happy to help you out. Sorry, I don't know much about Stone Crest. Good luck with your decision!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
We live in Millbridge and we love it, as well as our neighbors. It is a GREAT area. The clubhouse is just about ready to open and the pools were recently filled and will be ready for the spring! We have been to many meetings with the principals of the new Cuthbertson middle and high schools and we are very pleased with them. There is also a neighborhood/parent meeting with the principals coming up as well. My son has done very well in Kensington elementary. Construction has slowed down quite a bit, but for obvious reasons with the economy, nothing wrong with the neighborhood.
If you need anymore information, just DM me and I will be happy to help you out. Sorry, I don't know much about Stone Crest. Good luck with your decision!
My husband and i went to millbridge 2 1/2 years ago, there was hardly anythimg there, we are going back in a few weeks, heard there are about 100 families living there, what elementary school will my child attend. He will be starting 3rd grade in sept, and how is the schools?

Old 05-15-2010, 07:43 PM

554 posts, read 1,507,250 times
He will attend Cutherbertson which is right next to the development - its a new school but has great reviews so far so I'd say they are very good! I almost bought in Millbridge a few months ago but decided to wait a few more months to make sure I feel stable in my new job first. Good luck!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 AM

123 posts, read 328,508 times
Millbridge is one of those well planned out communities that became a victom of "timing" as they started to build into the market downturn. Some builders have gone out of business but as of last week Ryland, Bonterra, Mattamy are still building there and Essex Homes out of Columbia SC has purchased some land and is starting to build. They have seen an increase in sales lately (tax credits?) for sure but the community is planned for 2,243 homes and as you can see they still have a long way to go. Prices go from just under 200k for a smaller ranch (approx 1530 sf) to the mid 300k's for larger homes (approx 3500 sf.).

Old 05-17-2010, 05:09 AM

604 posts, read 1,306,853 times
I just hope these are not NASCAR neighborhoods?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 AM

65 posts, read 175,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
He will attend Cutherbertson which is right next to the development - its a new school but has great reviews so far so I'd say they are very good! I almost bought in Millbridge a few months ago but decided to wait a few more months to make sure I feel stable in my new job first. Good luck!
Actually, the Elementary school for Millbridge is Kensington. They will go to Cutherbterson Middle and High Schools.

We've been in Millbridge since 2008 and love it. Yes, we would like to see more houses and less empty lots, but it has its positives. Our kids can ride their bikes and batter powered 4-wheelers down the street and around the block without worry of much traffic!

We spent nearly ever Saturday and Sunday last summer at the pool and can't wait to do it again.

Our oldest is finishing up his Kindergarten year at Kensington and we've been pleased with the school and his teacher.

Feel free to DM if you have any specific questions or want more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte