Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:39 PM

14 posts, read 45,225 times

Advertisements

Its not negitivity its disclosure!!!!!!! that the builder wont tell you
when some asks for pros and cons they need to know especially if they are from out of state.. Its all about resale. No one knows when life happens.. So why would I buy your house when I can build a brand new one ... If you live their I wish you well but if someone dosent like NC or looses their job and needs to sell then what.. That realtor said in the begining of this post prepare to be their for the long haul. This is a forum and just like the TV you can change the station if you dont like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theduke2009 View Post
You were not concerned when you were trying to purchase a home here in Millbridge. All of a sudden the gun range is a problem. We as homeowners would appreciate it if the negativity about our community in your comments would seize as YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE!!!! Millbridge is a wonderful neighborhood.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:40 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,408,399 times
yep the chimneys are 1200 a year and if the residents get their way, once more homes are sold it might go down..they are also alot smaller sub division even after being built out....no one is saying millbridge isnt a beautiful community the whole point of this thread was for people to do their homework and not get into a situation where they are in a neighborhood that isnt selling the way it should..again the economy is and will effect everyone, that is a brand new development..the bottom line EVERYONE is dropping price dramacially and we all know home values go down..someone has to pay for the ammenties which is why the chimneys is what they are...in HOA'S

Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 PM

7 posts, read 18,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeponmoving View Post
Its not negitivity its disclosure!!!!!!! that the builder wont tell you
when some asks for pros and cons they need to know especially if they are from out of state.. Its all about resale. No one knows when life happens.. So why would I buy your house when I can build a brand new one ... If you live their I wish you well but if someone dosent like NC or looses their job and needs to sell then what.. That realtor said in the begining of this post prepare to be their for the long haul. This is a forum and just like the TV you can change the station if you dont like it.
As with any community across this country we are all having problems. Millbridge is a small community that has great people who live here. This community will survive long after your comments. We live here and know the coming and going of our community. Millbridge suffers no more than any other community that had started building over the last 2-3 years. Remember the people make the community, the community doesn't make the people. Here at Millbridge we have a wonderful group of people from across the country all of whom are very happy being here. We would suggest anyone looking for a community that has a great core for family and children give Millbridge a good look.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 PM

422 posts, read 1,367,582 times
to each his own...

Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM

422 posts, read 1,367,582 times
Oh and one more thing..... stop telling people on this forum that the builders will lie to you etc... as a New Home Sales Rep, I am very insulted. We do not lie. Most of us carry a NC Brokers license and take disclosure very serious!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theduke2009 View Post
You were not concerned when you were trying to purchase a home here in Millbridge. All of a sudden the gun range is a problem. We as homeowners would appreciate it if the negativity about our community in your comments would seize as YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE!!!! Millbridge is a wonderful neighborhood.

WELL LET me say the gun range was always a concern for us, and didnt like it, however we overlooked it and hoped that everything else out weighed the noise so to speak Millbridge I will say as I always say, Millbridge is and will be a great community in the next 5-10 years as it grows..and a recovery begins remember no one saw the economy to be like this, but since its obviously builders and developers are in trouble, and if one says they arent well then I guess you havent read cnn or msnbc lately, so again I used Prescot as an example because who would have thought that would have happened...I know the people who live there didnt..so in the end, people need to educate themselves since it is a buyers market and there is so much to choose from..and since people who dont know the areas are looking for advice good or bad..so in the end if your happy thats great, opinions, and oh I would have, but at the end of the day, Im letting people know they just have to do their homework, no matter WHERE they choose to live, because this housing problem isnt going to pick up and go away just like that..and it will effect alof of people..I think people need to know other opinions, Iand for us it was a long term purchase, and however I think people have a right to know that it does exist the noise right wrong or indifferent, and there is no such thing as any UTOPIA..no development is perfect, and again everyone is missing the point here, and the point bascially is just do your homework...and if you read what I wrote before I said some people dont mind it and some other do...

so before you fly off your handle, its no different than people asking about other communities by the sewer plant, some people dont mind it, it doesnt smell all of the time, and even if it did someone else might think one is crazy since they dont smell it..so anyway, I can tell you I smell it where I live, we arent ammune to it either, and if someone asks me I will tell them sometimes it does smell, oh well...

Old 01-22-2009, 03:02 PM

Its all about resale. No one knows when life happens.. So why would I buy your house when I can build a brand new one ... If you live their I wish you well but if someone dosent like NC or looses their job and needs to sell then what.. That realtor said in the begining of this post prepare to be their for the long haul. This is a forum and just like the TV you can change the station if you dont like it.

Exactly what I was trying to say...obviously if your not affected by this economy or possible job loss then it wont bother you as u wont have to sell, and that would be great for you..unfortunately that isnt true for other people in the Banking Industry or the other industries who are or want to purchase new homes...so again before everyone seems to think Millbridge is being attacked it is not people are giving insight and I do beilieve everyone is entilited to their opinion...right wrong or indifferent...u have to know that it will be a long time before one can sell their home as it being so new....we knew that going into it as well and another reason we are happy things went the way they did..I dont have a crystal ball, and it is what it is...and everything in life happens for a reason...so good for you guys you are happy, and your families are happy but please dont make it to be utopia...everyone who lives there is awesome, and the advantages of buying in a new community is just that, but in the end you do hear the gun range, it does smell sometimes and u know so what??? again it isnt utopia where I live either, as im sure alot of posters might not love where they live that is irrelavent at this point...

Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM

16 posts, read 39,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbeginnings12 View Post
oh and one more thing..... Stop telling people on this forum that the builders will lie to you etc... As a new home sales rep, i am very insulted. We do not lie. Most of us carry a nc brokers license and take disclosure very serious!!!
amen!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:13 PM

277 posts, read 662,048 times
Millbridge was on our short list of final candidates early last year, along with Massey, Briarcrest, and Rosemont. When it came down to making the final choice, we realized that the failing economy could negatively impact the future of those locations, so we redirected our search efforts to those subdivisions with more buildout.

Agree that based on the current plans and "artist interpretations" (aka marketing literature), Millbridge will be a wonderful place to live. Beautiful, no, not now, given the rolling acres of bare earth, and uncertainty of who and what will be built in the adjoining lots.

Subjective opinion - the gun range on spring/summer week ends can sound like a firefight.

On the other hand, it's a buyers market.......

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM

7 posts, read 18,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
Its all about resale. No one knows when life happens.. So why would I buy your house when I can build a brand new one ... If you live their I wish you well but if someone dosent like NC or looses their job and needs to sell then what.. That realtor said in the begining of this post prepare to be their for the long haul. This is a forum and just like the TV you can change the station if you dont like it.

Exactly what I was trying to say...obviously if your not affected by this economy or possible job loss then it wont bother you as u wont have to sell, and that would be great for you..unfortunately that isnt true for other people in the Banking Industry or the other industries who are or want to purchase new homes...so again before everyone seems to think Millbridge is being attacked it is not people are giving insight and I do beilieve everyone is entilited to their opinion...right wrong or indifferent...u have to know that it will be a long time before one can sell their home as it being so new....we knew that going into it as well and another reason we are happy things went the way they did..I dont have a crystal ball, and it is what it is...and everything in life happens for a reason...so good for you guys you are happy, and your families are happy but please dont make it to be utopia...everyone who lives there is awesome, and the advantages of buying in a new community is just that, but in the end you do hear the gun range, it does smell sometimes and u know so what??? again it isnt utopia where I live either, as im sure alot of posters might not love where they live that is irrelavent at this point...
All we ask of you is to comment on your community. We as homeowners in Millbridge knew what we purchased. I dont know how keen your since of smell is but the foul odor that might permiate your neighborhood does not effect us in our community. If people want to know the pros and cons of this neighborhood they should come and talk with the homeowners here in the community, all of which would be happy to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte