Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 02:40 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
You've got my vote!.. Wait.. what do you think about building roads and stuff?
Gosh, Wulf . . . you should be DOT Commish or whatever they call it, LOL. Then you can make sure we get all the roads we need.

I honestly do believe . .. until we citizens start getting involved and do some POLITICAL MACHINE BUSTING in this state . . . CLT is gonna be the Ugly Stepchild for decades to come.

Take our money . . . and use it for everyone else's pet projects elsewhere in the state . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:43 PM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
I was shocked when I read the news last night.

It reminds me of when Marion Berry was re-elected in DC after being busted for crack.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
PS - Ani - if you run for the seat I will do everything I can to help you win!!!!!
Thanks for the support, C'born! But I was gonna tell you . . . w/ all your passion for this city/county - YOU should run for office! Or be part of a Political Watchdog group! That way, you can stay here and be actively involved in making it all better!!!!

Too often, those of us who really would like to contribute to our communities get discouraged b/c of the corruption, ineptitude and self-serving politicians we see getting elected. What we OUGHT to do is band together - across party lines - who cares what party!!!! - and hold these guys accountable . . . expose the idiocy . . . pork . . pet projects . . .

I yell at TVs, too . . . and yes, my blood pressure shoots up . . . but I keep telling myself . . . there have to be more people like me out there - who want to see the right things done for our county and city . . . for our citizens . . . we just need to organize . . . two years will fly by!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post

It reminds me of when Marion Berry was re-elected in DC after being busted for crack.
Just goes to show . . . As has been his typical style, Mackey is an opportunist and he read the tea leaves correctly . . . it doesn't take much paperwork or $$ to file to run for public office and Mackie realized he could do that and glide in on Obama's coat tails come Nov. And BY GOSH - HE DID IT!!!!

Ole' Macky - one cagey guy, eh?????

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM

825 posts, read 2,818,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post

He is now being sued by Yellow Book for $22,000 in unpaid bills. Another to twist to a very unique political career.

Mackey is sued over Yellow Book ads - Breaking News | CharlotteObserver.com

Old 11-05-2008, 03:50 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
It would be funny as heck if a well orchestated and prove-able recall petition (for his issues) landed in his lap on Swear-in day.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
He is now being sued by Yellow Book for $22,000 in unpaid bills. Another to twist to a very unique political career.

Mackey is sued over Yellow Book ads - Breaking News | CharlotteObserver.com
What a sleazebag! Why am I not surprised?

And this is the guy who will be representing University Area and Huntersville in the Legislator. Dear God help us all.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
It would be funny as heck if a well orchestated and prove-able recall petition (for his issues) landed in his lap on Swear-in day.
I don't guess his personal finances would be reason enuff to do this . . .

I agree - something really should be done. What a miscreant - he continually walks off from debts he owes!

Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Ohhh, how short our memory as voters can be.

Can anyone point out a single good thing about this guy? He's bad with money, doesn't show up to court, and who knows what else. Can we expect several votes for "present"? If he shows up at all.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:53 AM

Yellow Pages can garnish Mackey's wages, but they better get on it quickly, b/f his other creditors figure out how to grab the money first:

North Carolina General Assembly - How much do Legislators get paid?

*$13,951 a year $559 monthly allowance (I guess for food/housing)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte