Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 AM

18 posts, read 301,430 times

Advertisements

I'm a single mother looking for any decent income based apartments. I've been here in Charlotte for three months and I'm living with my boyfriend and we don't get along. I need my own place and besides I want to move my two boys here with me. If anyone has any information please contact me via email or leave posts. Charlotte or Concord (no rough areas). Thanks and be blessed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagrl31520 View Post
I'm a single mother looking for any decent income based apartments. I've been here in Charlotte for three months and I'm living with my boyfriend and we don't get along. I need my own place and besides I want to move my two boys here with me. If anyone has any information please contact me via email or leave posts. Charlotte or Concord (no rough areas). Thanks and be blessed.

Please give us a price cap so that we may help you.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:

More info would help us to help you What part of town is your job in? How much can you afford to spend?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:23 AM

674 posts, read 804,739 times
You need to inquire about section 8. You won't be able to afford anything without that on $600 take home a month which needs to pay for ALL living expenses.

EDIT: Uh, I think she erased her post, but she said she needs something but is making $600/month total income, can someone recommend something or is Section 8 her best bet?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
More info would help us to help you What part of town is your job in? How much can you afford to spend?
I work in Concord at Ross Dress for Less. I was hired as seasonal help along with a few other employees but I spoke with my manager and she said that she's going to keep me after the holidays so i'm expecting my hours to increase. I'm currently in the university area. I bring home about $300 or a little more every two weeks for right now. I hope this helps and I will answer any other questions necessary. Thanks and be blessed.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
You need to inquire about section 8. You won't be able to afford anything without that on $600 take home a month which needs to pay for ALL living expenses.

EDIT: Uh, I think she erased her post, but she said she needs something but is making $600/month total income, can someone recommend something or is Section 8 her best bet?
I called the Concord housing authority about section 8 before I came up here but she said it would be a year or two waiting list after they started back accepting applications back in September. Do you know of any places that base your rent and deposit on your income? Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:32 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,143 times
I think Deer Hills in Huntersville is income based if I am not mistaken. Also a Section 8 voucher would be a great way to go.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:33 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,952,143 times
Quote:
I called the Concord housing authority about section 8 before I came up here but she said it would be a year or two waiting list after they started back accepting applications back in September. Do you know of any places that base your rent and deposit on your income? Thanks for the reply.

See this is the problem. You have people who truly need the help and can't get it then you get the shmucks who know how to play the system and get money thrown at them. I just do not get it!

Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
See this is the problem. You have people who truly need the help and can't get it then you get the shmucks who know how to play the system and get money thrown at them. I just do not get it!
I agree. I really do need the help and it's so hard right now for people like us and some of the ones they help abuse the system. I don't get it either. I just need a decent place to live and in an area where their is a good academic school for my boys (elem. and middle).

Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 AM

674 posts, read 804,739 times
Quote:
Yes, but that would be public housing. There is no incentive for private landlords to do this, so public housing will base your rent on 30% of your income. I know you did not want that, but it is an option.

There is always the possibility of looking for someone who is renting out part of their home/roomate situation. Have you thought about that as an option?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte