Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 12,585 times

Advertisements

My son he is 9 months old
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,966,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle1986 View Post
I am welling to pay about 200.00
Michelle, I can't think of a single place in Charlotte where you could live that cheaply, sorry. In Charlotte if you can't spend AT LEAST $400 a month you won't find much. And to be in good safe areas most people have to spend at least $600. You are better off staying in Statesville, it's not as expensive as Charlotte. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,806 times
Single dad looking for income based housing ,anyone that could give me some direction I would appreciate it . live in columbus ohio

Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 AM

769 posts, read 2,225,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy3621 View Post
Single dad looking for income based housing ,anyone that could give me some direction I would appreciate it . live in columbus ohio
You might want to post in the Columbus, OH thread as that would get you more localized information Check here - https://www.city-data.com/forum/columbus/

Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,966 times
Default I may be in the same boat

Hello everyone, I'm may be in the same boat but with a twist. I am 21 and exiting out of a abusive relationship and currently reside in a battered women's shelter. I have a 9month old son and I have 30days to pull my life together and leave here. I am originally from Orlando FL and I've only been in Charlotte for 3yrs now. 2 of those yrs I've spent with my abuser and son's father. I have to get a job and I am truly actively seeking employment, but I'm also trying to line up a place to rent when I do find employment. I have experience in Customer service and Sales. I was seeking employment while in the relationship so I could leave on solid ground, but he realized my plan and totally went off! I am not looking for a serious handout, or someone to pity me. I've worked for everything I have thus far, and I just want a opportunity to rebuild my life, and give my son a better life, without fear, abuse, or poverty. If you have any suggestions as to places that are hiring or places that I can rent for cheap until I get steadily on my feet, please E-mail me at jasmine.green01@gmail.com.
You can also email me if you just want to give words of encouragement, that tends to help . Thank you so very much

Old 10-07-2010, 02:03 PM

33 posts, read 77,643 times
JasGreen01 - Sorry to hear about your situation. You should start your own thread in order to get more responses to your specific situation.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 AM

7 posts, read 16,437 times
Default Single mom to another.....

Try socialserve.com. This website help with that. I have found all sorts of homes at reasonable prices on this website. Check it out! Hope it helps.....
P.S. I am a single mom too!!!!

Old 10-10-2010, 06:23 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,667,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasGreen01 View Post
I am 21 and exiting out of a abusive relationship and currently reside in a battered women's shelter. I have a 9month old son and I have 30days to pull my life together and leave here.
Most shelters have social workers, who help the residents get on their feet. I know section 8 vouchers are not available at all to the general public right now, but the shelters have access to a few for women whom they believe will be able to make it... For example, the Salvation Army women's shelter offers "life management" classes, and they can get a voucher for a graduate of the series of classes. Is there no one at the shelter you're in to help you with these things?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,341 times
i will be moving to charlotte n.c by the end of this month. i am looking for an 3br 2bth apartment for no more than 600.00 can anyone hlep me??? if u can email me at [email]lil_nesha_99@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 05-06-2011, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,137 times
I'm a single mother of a little girl and I'm looking for an affordable apartment in the university area. I work as a teacher assistant and make 19338 a year, Can anyone help me out? I was told by some apartments that base it off your income I make to much for income based rent please help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte