Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:02 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,736 times

Advertisements

I can setup a search for you if you like, PM me if your interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 06:35 PM

543 posts, read 1,824,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmikesell View Post
Mark, I've found a couple of real estate sites that let me search by subdivision but Rosedale isn't listed.

What are some of the street names and maybe I can search by those?

Oh, a sports bar would be a major plus. Can't imagine the Buckeyes or Dolphins are on the tube very often up there.
Yeah there's usually 2 or 3 games on sundays. At least the panthers have been winning so it's fun to watch.

Check out www.centexhomes.com, click the map and then click nc then charlotte and then #4. Don't believe the starting prices, most of the houses are 30-40k more once they add some options to it. Make sure you tell us when you're coming down and we can force you to drink and tell you about the area from our limited experience. CharlotteAgent has been here a long while so he knows more of the area than we do but at least we know where to get the stuff we need like food, booze, ice cream and gas.

Some of the streets here are Greenheather, Delstone, Lyon Hill. There are a few inventory homes that are complete and there are a couple of resales around. Greenheather is the main entrance to the development but it's also used as a cut through in the morning and evening for people going to route 77, just something to keep in mind.

I think the houses here range from about 2200 sq ft to about 3400 sq ft once you add a bonus room and sunroom which seems to be about the standard. If you look at the centex site you'll see 3 or 4 models that they are building here.

The house next to me is a Prescott and selling for about 290k.

Ask any questions that you may have.

Good luck in your search.

Mark

Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 AM

57 posts, read 221,029 times
Thanks for your help, C-agent & Mark.

The search you set up for me is perfect. And, Mark it was listed under the Villages of Rosedale. Come to find out, I've been looking at homes there all along. Just didn't know the subdivision's name.

I've already made one of these scouting trips recently to Summerville, SC and couldn't get out of there quick enough. That place was old and run down and I'm really hoping Huntersville is the opposite.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:

The search you set up for me is perfect. And, Mark it was listed under the Villages of Rosedale. Come to find out, I've been looking at homes there all along. Just didn't know the subdivision's name.

I've already made one of these scouting trips recently to Summerville, SC and couldn't get out of there quick enough. That place was old and run down and I'm really hoping Huntersville is the opposite.
The problem with our area of Rosedale is that they're still building all around us so there's lots of noise and construction trucks all over the place. I figure another 6 months or and they should be moved on far enough down the block from us so it should quiet down a bit.

Mostly everything around here is new. They are building some stuff on gilead road right behind us. Supposedly there's some upscale apartments, an office park and what is supposed to be a mini-birkdale like complex across from the new hospital with some more places to eat and spend. I can't see if being all that birkdale like since it's a relatively small area that they are devolping in.

On a good note, our house prices have gone up almost 8% since we moved in just back in June.

Mark

Old 10-20-2006, 08:16 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times
Quote:

Huntersville is nice!! certainly not old and run down.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:23 PM

41 posts, read 145,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post

I think the houses here range from about 2200 sq ft to about 3400 sq ft once you add a bonus room and sunroom which seems to be about the standard. If you look at the centex site you'll see 3 or 4 models that they are building here.

The house next to me is a Prescott and selling for about 290k.

Ask any questions that you may have.

Good luck in your search.

Mark
Hi Mark..

your posts are a constant source of entertainment!! I do have a question...what are the lost sizes "ish" in Rosedale....we are trying to take a trip down from "Joisey" in Nov if we can park the dog somewhere....Union county and your area are the two places we are looking at....Union County more so for the lot sizes...but not sure if we would get "stir" crazy.....and need more around us without driving miles for something more than milk...
We had 1/2 acre in FL on cul-de-sac...loved it....now on alittle more than 1/4 in NJ and feel totally closed in.....anyway an info you might have on lot sizes in your area, Rosedale or near would be great to know...thanks, and keep up the humour!!

Maryann

Old 10-23-2006, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyNJ View Post
Hi Mark..

your posts are a constant source of entertainment!! I do have a question...what are the lost sizes "ish" in Rosedale....we are trying to take a trip down from "Joisey" in Nov if we can park the dog somewhere....Union county and your area are the two places we are looking at....Union County more so for the lot sizes...but not sure if we would get "stir" crazy.....and need more around us without driving miles for something more than milk...
We had 1/2 acre in FL on cul-de-sac...loved it....now on alittle more than 1/4 in NJ and feel totally closed in.....anyway an info you might have on lot sizes in your area, Rosedale or near would be great to know...thanks, and keep up the humour!!

Maryann

Hi Maryann,

Thanks, I'm trying to keep my drunken posts to a minimum

Rosedale lots are small, approx 1/3 acre or smaller, most around 1/4. We fenced our yard for our two dogs so they can 'roam' a bit but we also walk them. Torrence Elementary has a good size field for running em a bit and the Greenway (a 6 mile walking/biking path) is supposed to be coming around our neighborhood soon. What's really nice about Rosedale is that it's designed to be a walking neighborhood. Lots of sidewalks and places within walking distance. If your dogs are well behaved it's a great walk.

I know if may not appeal to everyone but we weren't sure we'd like such a small lot either. Our old house had over an acre and it took most of a full day to maintain and do stuff to it. Here it's cut the grass, weed-whack and done in an hour. Plenty of time to enjoy the weekend without being a slave to the yard which is kind of nice. Downside is that there isn't much storage in a small yard. We haven't quite figured out what we'll do in a few years when we have more than 2 cars.

There are lots of neighborhoods around us that have bigger lots, CharlotteAgent could probably point out some of them but I know Birkdale does but more $$ and MaCauley also is a little bigger. There are some beautiful houses on like Stumptown, Ranson and Gilead Roads that we drive by and appear to have big lots some an acre or more and all of them use the same stuff as we do. I'd imagine being more spaced apart probably means interacting with your neighbors a little less. A lot of the roads outside of the neighborhoods tend to have more traffic flow too so something else to consider.

We do have the closed in feeling a little bit but it's also comforting that there are others close to us who are new to the area and it makes bonding with neighbors a little easier at times.

One thing we really love is the convienience of everything. It's all so close but hidden at the same time so you don't feel like you're living in the middle of a retail area and can't hear it either.

Good luck in your search!

Mark

Old 10-23-2006, 06:34 PM

Next question...schools.

In and around Huntersville the schools seem to be very crowded as in 25-30 students per teacher. Are there plans for new schools?

Also, North Meck High seemed to be the only HS.

My kids will be in K and 2nd grade if we're up there next year. Any recommendations on schools? I see that the Fort Mill SC schools grade out well.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:47 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,736 times
Schools,

A new middle school and Elementary just opened this year... Under capacity. There is also Hopewell High School and the new Bailey Road High school to open in the near future.

We live in Cornelius and the school has good community support too. Washam Elementary.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:37 AM

Is there any areas of Charlotte I want to avoid. N, S, E, W? I've noticed the Concord area school grades are higher and the schools less populated than Meck schools which is a plus.

From my prelim web research I really like the Huntersville area but the schools' grades and populations are scaring me a bit.

Sorry to be a pest but I'm making a whirlwind tour this weekend. Flying in Sat morn and out Sunday afternoon. Thanks for all the help and advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte