Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:59 AM

14 posts, read 18,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
What's going to happen when everyone from Long Island ends up in NC?
crime will go up lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 08:49 AM

152 posts, read 292,084 times
Is Charlotte crime that bad? Does it effect other areas like Waxhaw?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marobr View Post
crime will go up lol
Seriously though...do all of the LI expats have these blinders on? You often here "NC reminds me of what LI was like 20 years ago". Don't you all think that if enough people from LI all move to the same area it will turn out of have the same things you dislike about it (minus weather if that is a factor) down the road? Isn't that pretty much exactly what happened to South Florida (which is what has now caused the "half-backer" phenomenon responsible for a lot of NC's growth).

Just something that always struck me...as LIers looking to relocate make up a significant amount of the activity on the NC board....and they often seem very naive about the prospects of their big move.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Seriously though...do all of the LI expats have these blinders on? You often here "NC reminds me of what LI was like 20 years ago". Don't you all think that if enough people from LI all move to the same area it will turn out of have the same things you dislike about it (minus weather if that is a factor) down the road? Isn't that pretty much exactly what happened to South Florida (which is what has now caused the "half-backer" phenomenon responsible for a lot of NC's growth).

Just something that always struck me...as LIers looking to relocate make up a significant amount of the activity on the NC board....and they often seem very naive about the prospects of their big move.
just a joke!!.didn't mean to make anyone upset

Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 AM

152 posts, read 292,084 times
Quote:

Isn't the point of the boards to ask questions in order to Not be naive??

Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlgirl71 View Post
Isn't the point of the boards to ask questions in order to Not be naive??
thank you

Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 PM

60 posts, read 126,768 times
Iminformed2 was on here 6yrs ago trying to scare us away too. Had a bad attitude because he moved here and didnt like it.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:58 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Well I'm afraid I really don't remember who you are inbetween and don't believe I was ever tying to "scare anyone away".... but I guess I'm flattered that you remember me from way back when in the early days of C-D?

6 years ago I said that the influx of folks moving from expensive areas to NC would be a factor that would contribute to the COL going up, the traffic and crime rates increasing, and tightening up the job market (higher unemployment). Please tell me which of those is not true?

Also I did not "have a bad attitude because I moved there and didn't like it". I actually lived in NC for 13 years and generally enjoyed it. Long enough to see the trend I was talking about build up and really take off in the early/mid 2000s when the influx really picked up, especially from LI. We moved our family back to NY (Upstate) mostly for personal/family reasons. But thank you for the personal insult just the same

Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM

156 posts, read 309,306 times
Quote:
Well I'm afraid I really don't remember who you are inbetween and don't believe I was ever tying to "scare anyone away".... but I guess I'm flattered that you remember me from way back when in the early days of C-D?

6 years ago I said that the influx of folks moving from expensive areas to NC would be a factor that would contribute to the COL going up, the traffic and crime rates increasing, and tightening up the job market (higher unemployment). Please tell me which of those is not true?

Also I did not "have a bad attitude because I moved there and didn't like it". I actually lived in NC for 13 years and generally enjoyed it. Long enough to see the trend I was talking about build up and really take off in the early/mid 2000s when the influx really picked up, especially from LI. We moved our family back to NY (Upstate) mostly for personal/family reasons. But thank you for the personal insult just the same

How does the "influx of folk from expensive areas" increase crime rates?? Just curious as to your insight...I would assume that an influx of folks from lower income areas would increase crime. Again...does this crime effect the suburbs of Charlotte?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingLItoNC View Post
How does the "influx of folk from expensive areas" increase crime rates?? Just curious as to your insight...I would assume that an influx of folks from lower income areas would increase crime. Again...does this crime effect the suburbs of Charlotte?
I think I'minformed2 just meant that more people means more crime, especially as the gap between the "haves" and "have nots" widens in a city that used to be more solidly middle class.

It was a fair assessment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte