Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 06:18 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,903,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJJDalli View Post
only people that shopped at publix know that are a much better store than any n.c. store by far and i am from n.y. baby
I lived all over Florida. I have shopped at Publix for years. They are not better than N.C. stores. They are just a little better than Winn Dixie, but not as good as Harris Teeter or Lowes. Publix has practically nothing out of the ordinary if you plan a "special" dining event. I am from Fla. baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 07:41 AM

930 posts, read 2,162,766 times
Every Harris Teeter that I have walked into smelled bad, like bad meat or something. I could hardly stand to shop that's why I don't go in there,

Old 08-16-2008, 11:47 AM

850 posts, read 2,652,722 times
What Teeter do you shop in? I have never been in one that smelled bad... Are you sure that you were not is a BiLo or Food Lion?

Old 08-16-2008, 03:54 PM

747 posts, read 2,106,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
What Teeter do you shop in? I have never been in one that smelled bad... Are you sure that you were not is a BiLo or Food Lion?
I went into BiLo yesterday to pick up a prescription and cant imagine buying meat there. Some of the pieces of beef looked like they had been painted red, they were so bright. It really looks like Pantry Pride looked like in Miami in the 70's.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:29 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
I went into BiLo yesterday to pick up a prescription and cant imagine buying meat there. Some of the pieces of beef looked like they had been painted red, they were so bright. It really looks like Pantry Pride looked like in Miami in the 70's.
You took me wayyy back with Pantry Pride, LOL.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:31 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,944 times
Publix is no different than HT except for maybe the deli and bakery where I believe that Publix has an edge. But I prefer Kroger, Food Lion or Winn Dixie prices over HTs.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Every Harris Teeter that I have walked into smelled bad, like bad meat or something. I could hardly stand to shop that's why I don't go in there,
Did you check your shoes to see if you had stepped into something before? LOL.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Publix is no different than HT except for maybe the deli and bakery where I believe that Publix has an edge. But I prefer Kroger, Food Lion or Winn Dixie prices over HTs.
Many grocery stores have "a", "b", or "c" stores. I would consider an "a" publix on par with Harris Teeter. Harris Teeter tends to be a bit more pricy.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:59 PM

930 posts, read 2,162,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Did you check your shoes to see if you had stepped into something before? LOL.
Harris Teeter on 74 in Monroe and there were two Harris Teeter's that I used to put magazines in in Asheville that smelled the same.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM

82 posts, read 235,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
I lived all over Florida. I have shopped at Publix for years. They are not better than N.C. stores. They are just a little better than Winn Dixie, but not as good as Harris Teeter or Lowes. Publix has practically nothing out of the ordinary if you plan a "special" dining event. I am from Fla. baby!
I spent 25 years in central Florida and agree with bandibadji. Publix is good but it's not better than the stores we already have here (HT & Lowes). When my mom moved up here last year she kept saying the only thing she was going to miss was Publix. Ask her today if she misses it and she says, "No way!" Anyone that's watching their money can buy so much more here with the sales and the double coupons. Publix has such a stronghold in Florida that in many areas they are the only show in town and can charge accordingly. But they did make killer sandwiches!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte