Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 02:51 PM

10 posts, read 26,859 times

Advertisements

Can Publix offer the "Harris Teeter Experience" at "Food Lion Prices"? If so, then bring it on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 72,451 times
I love Publix. Just got back from one. They have the best subs.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:03 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,062,045 times
Default Publix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
Publix can't compete with Harris Teeter.
Wanna bet?

Old 08-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
You folks from south FL need to visit the Publix stores in SC and see if you still hold Publix in such high regard.
You havent visited MY Publix then. We're smaller, but we're clean and our customer service is excellent.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Default eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
i didnt read the entire thread, but I am good friends with a Publix store manager in South FL and he told me this: The honcho's at Publix and the honcho's at Harris Teeter are friends. They have an agreement that they will not compete against each other and have markets in particular states. I was told that Publix got FL and GA and Teeter was in SC and NC?

Now I don't know the facts behind it, but from the way he put it he said it would never happen.
Now how is that possible when Publix IS in SC and I have yet to see a Harris Teeter in the Palmetto State?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 AM

175 posts, read 414,567 times
Default Market Saturation

Harris Tetter is doomed because they have built way too many stores way too close to each other. The concept is that they will scare anyone else from entering the market, but it will not work.

My biggest fear is...will anybody buy the future empty big boxes that they are creating.

Publix would need to enter the market with a significant presence in order to make an immediate impact on HT. Most people would quickly switch to Publix if they are placed well because the quality is high yet the prices are far lower then HT.

Long term...HT would have to lower their prices or they would be squeezed out. No matter, they will have to start closing stores at some point. They can't possibly suggest that having one every two miles will be sustainable long term. The one in Weddington is slow, and they are building another one two miles away at Newtown, not to mention the one they have planned for Rea and Tom Short (a mile from the one at Blakeney)

Poor planning.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:15 AM

307 posts, read 718,762 times
I have never been to Publix but wouldn't it be great if Wegman's came here?

Old 08-15-2008, 09:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,766,766 times
It would be great if there was a Piggly Wiggly, IGA, Food City, or a Save A Lot anything to put competion on local stores to compete more with each other. Heck I did not care for the layout of Winn Dixie but I do miss some of their brand products such as there Moon Pies.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:18 AM

29 posts, read 85,830 times
only people that shopped at publix know that are a much better store than any n.c. store by far and i am from n.y. baby

Old 08-16-2008, 05:08 AM

850 posts, read 2,662,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJJDalli View Post
only people that shopped at publix know that are a much better store than any n.c. store by far and i am from n.y. baby
I disagree! Lived in coastal SC for years and Publix is no better than HT. The only thing that I miss is the Cuban Sandwich at the deli... HT has a MUCH better selection of higher end products / meats / produce and so on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte