Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM

10,010 posts, read 11,261,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I don't know man...I was out with my 3 1/2 year old on the greenway trying to bike on Tuesday and it was pretty chilly. He was cold, I was feeling it and most of the people were like "brrr" and bundled up. It was I think about 50 with a some decent gusts. If the sun was out, and it wasn't gusty, it would have been a lot better. It just reminded me of the "shutdown" coming up.

Same last Spring. It was mid April and I was getting pissed because I just wanted to go for a walk with the family without being cold or having the wind give chapped lips.
I hear ya... Contrary to what people may think, I don't love the cold as much as I don't love the heat. But I love the seasons... . I don't see winter as a shutdown, summer here is a shutdown....its all in how you see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Perfect for you JP!
Na... 40's and rain...not much you can do in that.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:11 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,109,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I hear ya... Contrary to what people may think, I don't love the cold as much as I don't love the heat. But I love the seasons... . I don't see winter as a shutdown, summer here is a shutdown....its all in how you see it.
I used to be more Winter oriented when I was younger, single and didn't run a business that shuts down in the Winter. lol My snowmachine has about a 1/2 inch of dust on it. :/

Seriously though, it's tough to find family activities in the Winter with little ones. Playground? Nope. Bike rides? Nope. Beach? Nope. Sandbox? Nope. Neighborhood walks? Nope. Playing in the yard? Very limited. etc and then bundling the boogers up everyday and trudging through it gets tough.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
I used to be more Winter oriented when I was younger, single and didn't run a business that shuts down in the Winter. lol My snowmachine has about a 1/2 inch of dust on it. :/

Seriously though, it's tough to find family activities in the Winter with little ones. Playground? Nope. Bike rides? Nope. Beach? Nope. Sandbox? Nope. Neighborhood walks? Nope. Playing in the yard? Very limited. etc and then bundling the boogers up everyday and trudging through it gets tough.
No I do understand..In winter you just do more indoor stuff just like you do here in summer. Its funny when I left for Charlotte 5 years ago I actually looked forward to warm days and summer.Well 5 years later and summer became just like winter up there..time to spend inside. This year I didn't even want to go out in it.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Raw day

Old 10-29-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Raw day
Freeze warning tonight.

Low 30's should be the bottom.

Was in uptown today..damn wind..i like cold but that wind is biting! Not a fan.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:16 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,801,121 times
Many in the northeast complaining about the snow/cold rain today...lots of power outages...(at least my facebook friends..) joy joy...

Old 10-29-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Many in the northeast complaining about the snow/cold rain today...lots of power outages...(at least my facebook friends..) joy joy...
A rare event...almost bizarre...once in a lifetime..on a weekend at least.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,801,121 times
Quote:
A rare event...almost bizarre...once in a lifetime..on a weekend at least.
The only thing different about this is it happened earlier than usual.

The northeast is prone to nor'easters and alot of crappy weather like that starting this time of the year.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
The only thing different about this is it happened earlier than usual.

The northeast is prone to nor'easters and alot of crappy weather like that starting this time of the year.
Well of course I meant the time of year Jack not the weather itself .. it was not only unusual, it was a freak of nature to get that this time of year....which I had seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte