Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 09:32 AM

3,871 posts, read 4,292,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yea, its too cold for golf (almost) but thats what late October is! Like I was saying , cold snap...normally you can play golf right into November in Connecticut. Big A, I found I was playing more golf up there than here. From June to August here I didnt venture near a course..way too hot. I'd rather play in 50's than 80's any day. Under 50 too cold. If the wind is calm though, a 55 degree day is great golf weather.
Yea, 55 ain't too bad but a 65 to 85 high-degree day is ideal for me. Golf is a 4 to 5 hour event so getting out at 7:30 am and off the course by noon is plenty bearable for me (summer time).

Maybe it's your schedule but given those weather constraints, you can practically golf year round in Charlotte, from Nov to March/April there are many 50-60 degree high days versus Conn...plenty of opportunity for golf in that kind of weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 11:34 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,197,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Yea, 55 ain't too bad but a 65 to 85 high-degree day is ideal for me. Golf is a 4 to 5 hour event so getting out at 7:30 am and off the course by noon is plenty bearable for me (summer time).

Maybe it's your schedule but given those weather constraints, you can practically golf year round in Charlotte, from Nov to March/April there are many 50-60 degree high days versus Conn...plenty of opportunity for golf in that kind of weather.
No I agree..if you get up at the crack of dawn summer golf here is fine. But anything after noon is out..at least for me. I would play in winter but I hate playing golf when everything is so dead.

As I've said thats what I love about New England..seasons..there is a itme to golf, a time to ski, a time sit by the fire...A time to swim in the pool. Its ALL the seasons that make each one special to me. At least here you do have a feel for each season although one is too long and too hot. I dont know how people live in Florida. Imagine celebrating Christmas in 80 degrees...yuch.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,603,777 times
Quote:
No I agree..if you get up at the crack of dawn summer golf here is fine. But anything after noon is out..at least for me. I would play in winter but I hate playing golf when everything is so dead.

As I've said thats what I love about New England..seasons..there is a itme to golf, a time to ski, a time sit by the fire...A time to swim in the pool. Its ALL the seasons that make each one special to me. At least here you do have a feel for each season although one is too long and too hot. I dont know how people live in Florida. Imagine celebrating Christmas in 80 degrees...yuch.

Now, I'm a person who has dealt with snow most of their life. I would regularly head to work without a jacket as long as it was above freezing, and then I would just throw on a light jacket to hold me over, if it was on the 20's to low 30's. But I hate snow, and there's nothing better to me than a green christmas. I've probably had 1 or 2 in the past 15 years. There was nothing worse than going to bed on Xmas eve, with the lawn bare, and then waking up to find that 6-8 inches dropped overnight.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Now, I'm a person who has dealt with snow most of their life. I would regularly head to work without a jacket as long as it was above freezing, and then I would just throw on a light jacket to hold me over, if it was on the 20's to low 30's. But I hate snow, and there's nothing better to me than a green christmas. I've probably had 1 or 2 in the past 15 years. There was nothing worse than going to bed on Xmas eve, with the lawn bare, and then waking up to find that 6-8 inches dropped overnight.
Each his own..winter makes summer all the better and vice-versa. I realize I dont love cold as much as the snow but I love the CHANGES....A hot sunny day after a cold winter is phenomenal. The best days up north are when you've been buried in cold and in late March a 50 degree day comes out of nowhere. Everyone is out in short sleeves..it feels WARM..Here spring is just well, nice but its the start of the long arm of summer ...

Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Each his own..winter makes summer all the better and vice-versa. I realize I dont love cold as much as the snow but I love the CHANGES....A hot sunny day after a cold winter is phenomenal. The best days up north are when you've been buried in cold and in late March a 50 degree day comes out of nowhere. Everyone is out in short sleeves..it feels WARM..Here spring is just well, nice but its the start of the long arm of summer ...
Possible first snow sightings in the mountains this weekend. Not saying accumulating but flakes will fly in places....

Old 10-26-2011, 04:02 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,062,643 times
snow on Christmas morning is about the ONLY time that I get excited about it!

Old 10-27-2011, 08:30 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,603,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
snow on Christmas morning is about the ONLY time that I get excited about it!
lol, well, when you have to deal with it year in and year out, and it means that you get to shovel it out and deal with driving through it, ect, then you come to appreciate when it doesn't happen

Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
lol, well, when you have to deal with it year in and year out, and it means that you get to shovel it out and deal with driving through it, ect, then you come to appreciate when it doesn't happen
Should be in the mid 40's tomorrow afternoon with a cold rain..quite a contrast to today.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:07 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,753,457 times
Quote:
Should be in the mid 40's tomorrow afternoon with a cold rain..quite a contrast to today.
Perfect for you JP!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:57 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,044,380 times
Quote:
I don't know man...I was out with my 3 1/2 year old on the greenway trying to bike on Tuesday and it was pretty chilly. He was cold, I was feeling it and most of the people were like "brrr" and bundled up. It was I think about 50 with a some decent gusts. If the sun was out, and it wasn't gusty, it would have been a lot better. It just reminded me of the "shutdown" coming up.

Same last Spring. It was mid April and I was getting pissed because I just wanted to go for a walk with the family without being cold or having the wind give chapped lips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte