Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 PM

743 posts, read 2,244,086 times

Advertisements

Not only did they build all those homes in Bonterra but also a seperate subdivision right smack next to it with 184 homes and another starting with 550 homes. Sounds to me like they are looking at the wrong area or these builders are slapping up all these homes just to cash out quick and get outta there. That way they can say oh well we got our money and now we are gonna loose all ours. I told dh we may as well take our slight loss now and get out before we have to take a bigger loss later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 AM

42 posts, read 130,030 times
Clients of ours also are buying in Fairhaven. There is a 1 in 8 chance the bypass could also go through that community.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 AM

352 posts, read 518,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theburnsteam View Post
Clients of ours also are buying in Fairhaven. There is a 1 in 8 chance the bypass could also go through that community.
Thats a big chance to be taking...

Old 07-23-2007, 08:33 AM
ADR

171 posts, read 518,496 times
I am not real good at reading the official websites and all. So in a nut shell, what areas are in any danger? I am in Crismark off Mill Grove Road. Am I in danger as well?

What a clusterfudge.

These developers should be strung up as should the county for approving these developments knowing this could happen.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,088,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
I am not real good at reading the official websites and all. So in a nut shell, what areas are in any danger? I am in Crismark off Mill Grove Road. Am I in danger as well?

What a clusterfudge.

These developers should be strung up as should the county for approving these developments knowing this could happen.
According to this thread, Crismark is not in any danger. Happy Union County living to you!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...eddington.html

Sara

Old 07-23-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post

What a clusterfudge.

I would have to agree...its one thing for something like this to happen to areas that are 30 or 40 years old, but there is no excuse for this to be happening to new neighborhoods. It just goes to shows you that some people careless about what happens to people and only care about how green is going into their pockets.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,411,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
Thats a big chance to be taking...
Way too big. Hopefully they've been forewarned....

Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 PM

36 posts, read 94,582 times
My fellow agents have listings in Bonterra Village and they're struggling to get showings ever since the announcement. There are many possible options for the bypass - Bonterra is just one of like 6 options for the bypass that has been in talks for like 20 years. WCNC hyped the story a bit and caused a panic since not one plan has been finalized over others.

When sprawl happens before infrastruture, this is what happens. Just think about what will happen when the final leg of I-485 is under construction and may wipe out a few homes since that plan isn't 100% finalized either. Quite often, those decisions by the engineers are decided on a day to day basis.

Personally, I always thought it would happen out Highway 218 since you could widen that road to 4 lanes pretty easy and its smooth sailing 99.9% of the time.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goredskins View Post
My fellow agents have listings in Bonterra Village and they're struggling to get showings ever since the announcement. There are many possible options for the bypass - Bonterra is just one of like 6 options for the bypass that has been in talks for like 20 years. WCNC hyped the story a bit and caused a panic since not one plan has been finalized over others.

When sprawl happens before infrastruture, this is what happens. Just think about what will happen when the final leg of I-485 is under construction and may wipe out a few homes since that plan isn't 100% finalized either. Quite often, those decisions by the engineers are decided on a day to day basis.

Personally, I always thought it would happen out Highway 218 since you could widen that road to 4 lanes pretty easy and its smooth sailing 99.9% of the time.

what real estate agents dont understand...or dont care to understand because they fair to make a ton of green... a 1 in 6 chance of something like this happening to people is a huge chance when you are talking about all of the money that home owners have invested in this area.

the builders built this neighborhood in an area that they knew there was a chance of this happening. so i dont really think the argument "when sprawl happens before infrustructure" argument works here.

Last edited by Catamount79; 07-25-2007 at 08:01 PM..

Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 AM

5 posts, read 43,813 times
Today is Friday Aug 24, Our new Bonterra home is now complete and ready for us to buy, however we are waiting till we can get an official word that the turnpike will not take our new Bonterra Home. Does anyone have a date on when they will start eliminating the routes? right now the pod people are getting rich off me. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte