Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM

58 posts, read 307,622 times

Advertisements

My wife and I live in Charlotte's Arboretum area now and are looking at building a patio or Charleston-style home in Bonterra Village. I searched the forum, but found very little information on the community.

If you own a home in Bonterra or in another Bonterra Builders community, are you happy with the build quality of your home? Has Bonterra been responsive to any after-sale problems that have come up? Do you enjoy living in the community? Have your neighbors been happy with their homes? Is it the kind of neighborhood where everybody knows their neighbors and gets together on a regular basis? Our current neighborhood is nice, but everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 05:06 AM

14 posts, read 81,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsenator View Post
My wife and I live in Charlotte's Arboretum area now and are looking at building a patio or Charleston-style home in Bonterra Village. I searched the forum, but found very little information on the community.

If you own a home in Bonterra or in another Bonterra Builders community, are you happy with the build quality of your home? Has Bonterra been responsive to any after-sale problems that have come up? Do you enjoy living in the community? Have your neighbors been happy with their homes? Is it the kind of neighborhood where everybody knows their neighbors and gets together on a regular basis? Our current neighborhood is nice, but everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Bonterra builders are a very good company.I know them well and they definitely have integrity. I'm a real estate agent (under the radar on this board) and sold my parents a home there a few years back. They have alot of friends in the hood.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM

u2man - Thanks for the information. It's a good sign if you sold your own folks a home there.

Anyone else have any insights?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:55 PM

8 posts, read 53,022 times
We are currently under construction in Taylor Glenn..We are moving there in June when my son graduates from high school. We have had nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience. We have been down a couple of times and will be down again in two weeks from today to do our pre-drywall inspection. Tammy (the sales agent) ROCKS!! She keeps us up to date on everything thats going on since we are in Maryland...Makes sure to send us pictures of progress. The few neighbors that we have talked to seem very, very pleased with the community and the company in general. This is our first new construction build and we are pleased as punch with Bonterra Builders!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,527 times
Hello: My husband, myself and our children moved to Bonterra Village recently from the Arboretum area a few months ago. We really can not say enough good things about the community. The houses are built well and if we have had an issue with some thing our builder has been very responsive and has gotten things taken care of quickly. I think once the warmer months approach then people will start getting out more but everyone is very nice. I think you will really enjoy living in Bonterra Village.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:00 PM

5 posts, read 43,850 times
My wife and I are building a home in Bonterra Village, Cami has been very helpful.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtnc View Post
My wife and I are building a home in Bonterra Village, Cami has been very helpful.
We've got a lot hold on a corner lot on Phar Lap. We're considering building a Chancellor with the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom. Cami has been very good to work with.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Sunday afternoon

Spent a beautiful afternoon out at Bonterra. Walking over the lots and looking at all the new construction. I'm sure everyone will be glad when all the lots have been sold and all the home have been completed. However at this time its very exciting for us.
Good Luck
Curtis & Elaine

Old 03-18-2007, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,187 times
We just moved our Family down here from Massachusetts. We fell in love with Bonterra Village and built a wonderful home here. We have now been here for one month and we love it!!! The whole home building experience was great...we love our builder Dave and love the whole feeling of the neighborhood!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 AM

Monday morning. Looks like all is going well. We have been assigned our builder and should be meeting this week. Last night we got the first offer on our Mint Hill home its only been on the market for 5 days. Boys things seem to be moving fast. Anyone have any ideas of Moving and storage. Looks like we will be looking for a place for a couple of months. Thanks Curtis & Elaine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte