Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:18 PM

21 posts, read 73,543 times

Advertisements

you do not mind being micro-managed. The people are very nosey and cut throat in this neighborhood. The HOA is continually increasing its dues. Also ammenties have been taken away that were originally included in our dues, such as lawn care, use of clubhouse at no cost (just a deposit) We also moved a mile into Bonterra so my daughter could be part of the Bonterra riding team. (Which no longer exist.) The developer would not work with the lady that started the team to give her more land needed to sustain the barn. The Barn had 20 horses or so now it has 5. My horse is one of the five which requires us to work at the barn. That is not what we had planned considering we work long hours as it is. People on the HOA walk around the neighborhood and take pictures of things they consider infractions to the By-laws. One HOA member even looked in my husbands van. Too many restrictions in this neighborhood. Read the by-laws closely before signing a contract on a house in Bonterra. On my small bolck of about 20 houses, 5 are for sale. My house will make 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 PM

21 posts, read 73,543 times
Beware! Read your by-laws closely before you move in.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:57 PM

549 posts, read 2,385,215 times
They have nice homes with curb appeal. They have estate homes that dont look to "Mcmansionie". They like to make homes with lots of curb appeal. They are also doing a whole project in NODA that will be single family, condos, live/worktownhomes an townhomes.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 11,471 times
Sales Agents had horrible phone etiquette ,as if I interruptied them. They never asked my name , where I was residing or for a contact number!! I beleive her name was Tammy, I found her to be very arrogant. Shilo School is tuff with middle and high school age groups, only Shilo is year round.
Maybe the kid on the other line turned me away, I bought in Waxaw at Lawson and they were very professional.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:11 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godrocks View Post
Sales Agents had horrible phone etiquette ,as if I interruptied them. They never asked my name , where I was residing or for a contact number!! I beleive her name was Tammy, I found her to be very arrogant. Shilo School is tuff with middle and high school age groups, only Shilo is year round.
Maybe the kid on the other line turned me away, I bought in Waxaw at Lawson and they were very professional.
Because there is usually two sides to every story, or in this case, more than one story for any one person, Tammy helped us last summer and was quite friendly and helpful. Having said that, I personally would not buy in Bonterra today until they figure out what is going on with the Monroe bypass. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:52 AM

1 posts, read 11,278 times
Question Bonterra Village?

When we visited a year ago, our family really liked Bonterra Village as a place to live. We are currently renting in the area with our children attending PRES & PRMS. We've heard and read about Bonterra's dilemmas; bypass, HOA $'s in the red, HOA picture taking of neighborhood "infractions", equestrian center, lots of resales and new construction available. We have looked from one end of Union County to the other and for some reason when it comes to new construction, in a planned community, in a certain price range, we keep coming back to Bonterra Village!
Can anyone who lives in, or is familiar with Bonterra Village set us straight and give us some "good" reasons to eventually move there.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Bonterra is like any other subdivision w/new construction. Its what you make of it. I do know two couples who live in Bonterra Village and like it alot. I heavily doubt the bypass (if its ever built) will cut through the village. There's too many other options on the table that wouldn't affect any current homeowners. + the builder would fight it tooth and nail I suppose.

HOA's to me are the same everywhere. Some will despise them, some will like them. I personally like them because I don't want someone w/a pink house and an RV in the driveway next door to me.

Check it out, read the bylaws, and if you like it, then jump in.

good luck.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,490 times
Agree with CJ..

Everyone I know that lives in Bonterra enjoys it. In addition, I have posted numerous times on other threads about my positive experiences with Bonterra in general. I am another Pro HOA guy, even though I do have the neighbor with the loud revving yellow camaro with black racing stripes. He is a nice guy and takes good care of his home so he is okay in my book

Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 PM

168 posts, read 481,215 times
hi where is Bonterra Village?

Old 02-20-2008, 07:46 PM

111 posts, read 527,581 times
by far one of the best and honest companies/builders that I have worked with. I also sold relative, though not my parents a Bonterra home and it was a great experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte