Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:11 PM

56 posts, read 238,858 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this community? Any information would be so helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 11:05 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,273 times
Something was going on with this community, it had to do with a road being built right through the neighborhood that was having everyone up in arms. Not sure if its still going on or not.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:15 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,651 times
Seattlemom, Baxter has much more to offer, plus taxes are lower in SC.
Good Luck.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:21 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Something was going on with this community, it had to do with a road being built right through the neighborhood that was having everyone up in arms. Not sure if its still going on or not.
The road your talking about is the "Monroe Connector". A proposed toll road to divert traffic from Charlotte to Eastern Union County.

The option of it slicing through Bonterra is off the books. Bonterra will be fine

There are 2 "options" left. Going through Stallings or going through the Hickory Business Park in Indian Trail.

Bonterra is the largest development in Indian Trail. You have to see the homes, the layout is somewhat unique. In many sections, the homes remind me of the Jersey Shore....Different but pretty cool.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:40 AM

429 posts, read 730,530 times
I have only had good experiences with Bonterra. As CouponJack mentioned, the layout is unique, but very nice. Great location convenient to major roads and shopping centers, nice homes, good prices and usually good buyer incentives. If you search the forum you will LOTS of other posts about Bonterra. Many people have inquired about the subdivision in the last few months.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,802,273 times
I looked out there and the homes were very nice. They had some sort of equestrian setup also which was very nice. At the time that road was still on the docket so we went elsewhere. Bonterra is building a new community, it seems as if it's custom homes down towards SC right across the line near Bretagne. It looks like it will be very nice. I liked the fact that the builder is out of Monroe, I think.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM

21 posts, read 73,543 times
Default Bonterra Village

I live in Bonterrra. My family would never have bought if we knew then what we do now. Plan to sell as soon as we can.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:48 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina gardner View Post
I live in Bonterrra. My family would never have bought if we knew then what we do now. Plan to sell as soon as we can.
Gina, you post the same thing all the time about Bonterra w/o giving any specific reasons why you're unhappy. There are many people who live in Bonterra that are happy.

Is it a neighbor that's bugging you?

Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 PM

33 posts, read 83,697 times
I have really close friends that live in Bonterra and they love it. Lots of kids, family oriented.

Let's hear the negative reasons.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:59 PM

21 posts, read 73,543 times
Couponjack- No it it not a particular neighbor. I have found many of the people to harass and stick their noses up at others. Many neighbors have expressed the same. In the past I have written the reasons why I would not recommend moving into this neighborhood. We moved into the neighborhood so my daughter could be part of the riding team that no longer exist. I think people should hear all sides (the good, the bad and the ugly) and form their own decision. Gina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte