Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
I do not consider Jason Sehorn to be a star. Neither does America. I was doing some reading on Harmon. She is a Tier 3 star/actress - meaning some American's may know her name but do not recognize her face. She's had a few small roles in some movies, but has mostly done tv. Hopefully the "Rizzoli and Isles" will giver her more exposure to push her into the Tier 2 space.

BTW - don't be so sensitive as neither one of these folks have star power. What are you - an Angie Harmon fanatic - shessh.

I'm not sensitive about AH at all. You chose to ignore the roles that she is best known far, and by doing so implied that she'd done little to be known for. Had we only had your info to go on, she would indeed appear to be a one hit wonder. I was merely correcting that obvious oversight on your part.

As I admitted he's only known for playing football for a few years. But I'm glad that you know what America thinks about Sehorn and AH.

BTW-did you come up with the tiered rating system, or is that something you copied from somewhere else?

PS BTW-AH's face is one of the things she is best know for. She is one of the faces for a cosmetics company, that I cannot remember the name of. Since I don't buy cosmetics, I'm OK with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 07:26 AM

416 posts, read 927,611 times
Stars is a relative term. Would these two be stars in NY or LA? No. In Charlotte, absolutely.

I'm curious where they decided to live as well. I don't think anyone asking that question wants to stalk them, but since they could have elected to live anywhere in the country and chose Charlotte, it does make me curious what area of Charlotte they liked most and chose to settle in. No one needs neighborhood names or house numbers, I think what people are curious about is a vague general area...like Ballantyne, Southpark, Lake Norman, Myers Park, Noda, etc.

Some of you are way too sensitive.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,366,938 times
I had never heard of him until recently and I'm the first one to admit that when I pick up People magazine, I don't know who anyone is, but how in the Sam Hill do you not know who Angie Harmon is?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:32 AM

554 posts, read 1,507,250 times
I'm betting it's Myers Park area. Anyway, back to "stars" yes they would be stars in NYC or LA. If a person is well recognized through the media, then they are stars. In NYC or LA, it's not like you walk around holding hands with the latest and most popular stars so that Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn wouldn't be known as stars...ha. RIDICULOUS! And for the record, Jason Sehorn is very VERY well known and admired...people in NY would be more star struck seeing him there than clearly those here in Charlotte....

Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
I'm betting it's Myers Park area. Anyway, back to "stars" yes they would be stars in NYC or LA. If a person is well recognized through the media, then they are stars. In NYC or LA, it's not like you walk around holding hands with the latest and most popular stars so that Angie Harmon and Jason Sehorn wouldn't be known as stars...ha. RIDICULOUS! And for the record, Jason Sehorn is very VERY well known and admired...people in NY would be more star struck seeing him there than clearly those here in Charlotte....
This thread should be titled Jason Sehorn and Angie Harmon.

BTW I just asked 6 people in my office who Jason Sehorn was - nobody knew.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
If you have been on the cover of Cosmo, I think you qualify as a "star". And I think currently staring the second highest rated cable show would also classify as "star".

Jason Sehorn is "famous" as far as NFL players go for being the only white cornerback for 9 years (and was quite good at it). Ask a NFL fan who Jason Sehorn is and you will almost immediately get "former NY giants cornerback".

Moderator cut: Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-27-2010 at 09:03 AM..

Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,108 times
Quote:

To answer your question, Jason Sehorn was a former NFL player who played for the New York Giants and St. Louis Rams, but I really don't know who Angie Harmon is!

Old 10-27-2010, 10:03 AM

299 posts, read 589,758 times
Angie Harmon is worth at least $7: Town & Country Magazine 07/09 Angie Harmon - eBay (item 140465888851 end time Nov-13-10 11:02:29 PST)

Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:

Apparently you don't work with any football fans. That's not a bad reflection on Sehorn. Under what conditions would at least one of seven guys not be a football fan?

Now get back to work and stop wasting your employer's money.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:37 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,686,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Apparently you don't work with any football fans. That's not a bad reflection on Sehorn. Under what conditions would at least one of seven guys not be a football fan?

Now get back to work and stop wasting your employer's money.
Is he going to the Hall of Fame?

How many times was he in the Pro Bowl?

What endorsements does/did he have?

How many commercials has he been in?

DUH!!!!!

As a fan of football and someone who used to live in NY I am aware of his name and the short-lived hype (1 season) that he had. If you are neither you do not know who he is. PERIOD!!

THEREFORE HE IS NOT A CELEBRITY.

AGAIN -

What endorsements does/did he have?

How many commercials has he been in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: