Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:46 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,015,075 times

Advertisements

One of them was arrested for attempted murder last year and let go. Our "justice" system is a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 04:28 PM

244 posts, read 231,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
1st degree murder = death penalty. Any question of guilt beyond shadow of a doubt, deport them to XYZ country that will take a few bucks in return. Thoughts? I really don't think you can come back from killing someone intentionally. Ever. It's like pedophiles. There is something wrong with your brain that I don't think we have the health capacity to cure, yet.
I agree!! 1 public execution when stop alot but it would be Ferguson all over again

Old 04-22-2016, 08:29 PM

252 posts, read 264,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmt1 View Post
I agree!! 1 public execution when stop alot but it would be Ferguson all over again
Not big on the idea of a Saturday hangin' in the town square, but all for the DP for Murder 1 and Pedos. Alternatively, exile to the wilds Papua New Guinea is acceptable.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrd463 View Post
Not big on the idea of a Saturday hangin' in the town square, but all for the DP for Murder 1 and Pedos. Alternatively, exile to the wilds Papua New Guinea is acceptable.
I was thinking Friday's! But seriously we need the DP to let these thugs know it isn't a game!

Old 04-24-2016, 03:47 AM

Have they caught the 2 thugs that robbed & killed Eric Brantley yet?

Old 04-24-2016, 12:39 PM

363 posts, read 440,295 times
As an outsider looking in (my only, married daughter lives in Chas.),.some well-meaning people on this forum really don't understand the issue. The come to Jesus sinner stance will not make up for a lack of parenting, food on the table and positive role models in the schools & on the streets. The easy money and lack of morals mentality stem from poverty, period. If kids don't eat, and no one cares if they lstay in school or learn anything, and no one values them because they're too.busy drug-dealing, getting drunk or high, and committing crimes to support their habits, what chance to do better do they really have?

Old 04-24-2016, 03:12 PM

PrairieGirl - I think you are partially right in what you say, but I don't agree with your statement that the easy money and lack of morals mentality stems from poverty, period.

I know a lot of people who are poor, and they are decent, law abiding people. They would never rob someone, never mind killing them for a quick hit (or for any reason).

I agree whole-heartedly that it is a parenting (or lack of parenting) issue. Teaching morals, right from wrong, valuing life, that you work for a living - starts at home. If people are too "busy" to teach these things, and to supervise these kids and make sure they are in bed at 3am instead of riding around looking for someone to kill for a few bucks, then they shouldn't have kids.

What do you do when that doesn't happen (the parenting) and these "kids" grow up with no respect for the life of another person?

Old 04-24-2016, 03:47 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,525,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGirl View Post
As an outsider looking in (my only, married daughter lives in Chas.),.some well-meaning people on this forum really don't understand the issue. The come to Jesus sinner stance will not make up for a lack of parenting, food on the table and positive role models in the schools & on the streets. The easy money and lack of morals mentality stem from poverty, period. If kids don't eat, and no one cares if they lstay in school or learn anything, and no one values them because they're too.busy drug-dealing, getting drunk or high, and committing crimes to support their habits, what chance to do better do they really have?

Ok, so you tell me....what do you do when you have a situation like this?
(fyi...I posted this in another thread and there was nothing but crickets)

Principal hopes to open home for homeless students in North Charleston | WCIV

I am willing to bet that you do not have a logical, attainable answer. Most people do not want to be a part of the "solution", to much work. But they sure like to talk about the cure. Wanna blame the parents? Wanna blame the relatives? What about the glorified violence and lack of overall regard these children are showered with? Are you willing to reach out to tv, radio, "artists", record labels etc....and tell them to knock off the crap? This kind of thing happens when as a society there is no right and wrong. There are many, many parents sitting in their homes scared to death and beating their heads against the wall, trying to work through this all.

When a person (young or old) has no hope, then they have no hope. A relationship with positive role models and Jesus Christ, is a wonderful place to start. But, many people won't do a thing. They will just sit behind a monitor and arm-chair quarterback and put down everything and everyone. As seen in this thread.

I challenge everyone to get from behind the computer and actually do something. It is kind of like voting, if you don't vote then don't bytch.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:48 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,525,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
PrairieGirl - I think you are partially right in what you say, but I don't agree with your statement that the easy money and lack of morals mentality stems from poverty, period.

I know a lot of people who are poor, and they are decent, law abiding people. They would never rob someone, never mind killing them for a quick hit (or for any reason).

I agree whole-heartedly that it is a parenting (or lack of parenting) issue. Teaching morals, right from wrong, valuing life, that you work for a living - starts at home. If people are too "busy" to teach these things, and to supervise these kids and make sure they are in bed at 3am instead of riding around looking for someone to kill for a few bucks, then they shouldn't have kids.

What do you do when that doesn't happen (the parenting) and these "kids" grow up with no respect for the life of another person?
What is your definition of "poor"?

Old 04-24-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post

That's where the law had to pass sentence on them and carry out swift and strict punishment!! Be it Death Penalty, life in prison with hard labor!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area