Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 11:39 AM

244 posts, read 231,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
The 'adults' in these young men's lives are detestable.
“He’s 17,” his mother, 38-year-old Pamela Heyward, said. “The only thing I can vouch for is what happens inside this door. When he walks out that door, I don’t know what happens.” Your apathy created a murderer. If my teenage son was out at 3:00am I would go looking for him and plant my shoe where the sun don't shine.

“I’m a mother, and if he says he didn’t do it, I believe him,” she said. “People are going to say things, but it doesn’t bother me. I’ve been through this before.”
that last statement is pathetic& sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 12:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
We have to break the cycle.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:10 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,015,075 times
Clueless, in denial & no parenting skills. In the absence of parenting when according to the article "the street" takes over, so does our justice system need to take over. Why was he allowed bail after all these transgressions & how does a 17 yr old come up with 55k?

The really sad thing is all the enablers.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:10 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,425,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
The 'adults' in these young men's lives are detestable.
“He’s 17,” his mother, 38-year-old Pamela Heyward, said. “The only thing I can vouch for is what happens inside this door. When he walks out that door, I don’t know what happens.” Your apathy created a murderer. If my teenage son was out at 3:00am I would go looking for him and plant my shoe where the sun don't shine.

“I’m a mother, and if he says he didn’t do it, I believe him,” she said. “People are going to say things, but it doesn’t bother me. I’ve been through this before.”
What ever happened to holding their parents responsible for the actions of their minor kids...nothing good happens after midnight..

Old 05-01-2016, 01:08 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,525,831 times
Society is broken.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:15 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,959,738 times
His mom should get executed along with him. It'll a bonding moment.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:52 PM

I think they already bonded when Mom, Sis and he all assaulted the 56 year old man and his girlfriend.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:30 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,705,104 times
At some point, the cycle needs to break. We keep seeing this, over and over, but the answer isn't to keep wringing our hands after the fact. I can bet his momma wasn't raised right. Generation after generation of no one raising kids has led us to this point. No one cares until they kill white people.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:57 PM

m1a1mg - that's not true. At least not in my case. It has nothing to do with race.

Four people killed an innocent, defenseless man in the prime of his life, who was minding his own business, leaving work after a long night. This wasn't a drug deal gone bad, it wasn't a gang fight or other altercation. It wasn't an accident. They targeted him, to - as they said - "get their money".

It's that - to me - that's so disturbing. That "doing a lick" and taking a life in the process is no big deal, and there's no disgust or shame or upset on the part of his friends or family - they want to "Free Lul D" - they don't care that he killed an innocent person - in fact it seems from the comments his friends made they are proud of it. It's a notch in his belt.

I don't have the answers but I do think if we don't talk about it, it will only continue to get worse. Pretty soon you've got a Detroit or Baltimore on your hands.

What's the answer if these kids aren't growing up right? You can try and turn around the young ones with community effort, but what about the older ones already entrenched in this lifestyle? Some of the comments glorifying this guy came from teens - so it starts young.

Do you hold the judges accountable for releasing them back onto the street? Hold the parents accountable? Military school? A "Scared Straight" program?

Old 05-01-2016, 03:00 PM

244 posts, read 231,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
His mom should get executed along with him. It'll a bonding moment.
I think the family that is affected and is suffering the loss should be allowed to "throw the switch" if not life w/no parole and hard labor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area