Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 09:02 AM

64 posts, read 42,245 times

Advertisements

It really sucks 2 months after Lisa's death Priscilla wants to challenge Lisa's signature from a document from 2016 and trying to get Graceland when Lisa always wanted her kids to have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2023, 08:04 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I thought foreign investors had control of Graceland for many years.
I could be wrong.
I thought she sold most of it 20 or so years ago.

That said,
I did enjoy the tour therefor the historic value
I just wasn’t really impressed with the house.
I mean it was nice and all that, it just seemed to be lacking.

It is old architecture so it doesn’t have an open floor plan.
I’ve been in several older places that looked nicer as well as newer places that looked much nicer.
I guess what bummed me was it is right next to a low budget trailer park and Im just not a fan of those.

I always thought it was a nice big country estate and it is far from that.
His collections did impress me though.

Old 03-18-2023, 09:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I could be wrong.

That said,

I’ve been in several older places that looked nicer as well as newer places that looked much nicer.
I guess what bummed me was it is right next to a low budget trailer park and Im just not a fan of those.

From what I’ve read…. When Lisa Marie turned 25, she took over control of the trust and started a Corp to oversee the Elvis empire. In 2005 she sold 85% stake in the company for $100 million (now, the 85% estimated to be worth $850 million) but retained ownership of Graceland mansion, land and all contents (Elvis’s personal belongings). The company that runs the tour has day to day operations control rights.

Old 03-19-2023, 12:20 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Lisa Marie was free to leave her estate to whom she chose...it was never Priscilla's she just had control till Lisa Marie became of age (in terms of will). She chose her eldest daughter and trusted her to provide for her twins as well! Unless Priscilla has compelling evidence of fraud or reasons why Riley is incapable she should pound sand...I'm sure Priscilla feathered her nest (grandma used to say) plenty managing the estate for years!

Old 03-19-2023, 12:47 PM

17,370 posts, read 16,511,485 times
I just really do not have an opinion on this because I sense that there's a whole lot more going on here than any of us are aware of.

In a general sense, if Lisa willed everything to Riley and made her the trustee of the estate then the reins have been handed to Riley. Hopefully, if there are provisions in place for her grandmother, Riley will continue to honor those provisions.

But, again, I do not know their family dynamic or anything about legalities of it all. I hope they find a way to come together and stop all of the infighting. If Lisa's untimely death taught them anything they should realize that time is short and they can't take their money with them.

Old 03-20-2023, 02:54 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticsfan08 View Post
Who should get control of Graceland Priscilla or Lisas daughter Riley?

It really sucks 2 months after Lisa's death Priscilla wants to challenge Lisa's signature from a document from 2016 and trying to get Graceland when Lisa always wanted her kids to have it.

Graceland belongs to Riley and her twin sisters. Since Riley is an adult, Priscilla does not need to do anything, because it is not her place, it is not her inheritance to fight for. She's been hanging onto the Elvis Presley name, fame and legacy for longer than most divorced spouses would. She made sure she kept his last name all of these years, lately saying Elvis was her only true love, how she is also going to "take her spot," be buried next to Elvis at Graceland.

About the only "thing" needed from anyone would be for someone court appointed to represent the twins, I'm not talking about their father, nor Priscilla either. Graceland is none of their business.

Priscilla can always be brought on as needed as a consultant, because let's face it, when Elvis died, Graceland was almost ready to be repossessed by the bank. Priscilla managed to make some sweet lemonade with the batch of sour lemons she was left with.

Elvis died August 16, 1977, which was 45 years ago. The reality is that the world goes on, the younger generations of people may not care about Elvis Presley and his role in the music business. They also won't care about going to see Graceland either. It's not only Elvis they won't care about, the same could be said of Dollywood and various museums dedicated to celebrities who died.

We're living in a world where the younger generation doesn't want the "family heirlooms" or anything from mom, dad and grandma. It's going to be a disposable world, where they will digitalize what needs to be done so that the hard copy can be tossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I could be wrong.

That said,

No Lisa had 100% control of Graceland, she never sold it to anyone. She sold other things from Elvis's estate.

I've never been to Graceland, after Lisa died, I was on the website where it said only a small portion of Graceland is open to the public, so what you see may not be anything like Elvis's main house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Lisa Marie was free to leave her estate to whom she chose...it was never Priscilla's she just had control till Lisa Marie became of age (in terms of will). She chose her eldest daughter and trusted her to provide for her twins as well! Unless Priscilla has compelling evidence of fraud or reasons why Riley is incapable she should pound sand...I'm sure Priscilla feathered her nest (grandma used to say) plenty managing the estate for years!

I've said it before in another post, Priscilla wants to manage Graceland so she can bring more money in. She was being paid close to a million dollars a year before she was removed with Barry Seigel.

It's said that Lisa and Priscilla have not been on good terms for 6 to 8 years now. It was partially due to Priscilla siding with the twins father during Lisa's divorce. I've also seen articles that say Lisa and Priscilla were mending their relationship after Lisa's son committed suicide, while other articles say they really were not on good terms, even at the awards for the Elvis film a few days before Lisa's death.

I'm sure that Lisa's friends know the truth. I could see Riley having them brought to court to testify if Lisa and Priscilla were not speaking, and about what their relationship was like.

Priscilla Presley got $900K a year from Elvis Enterprises without company stake: lawsuit

Quote:
Priscilla Presley was making $900,000 a year from Elvis Presley Enterprises despite having no stake in the company, according to a lawsuit.

When Priscilla’s daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, sued her former business manager, Barry Siegel, in 2018 for “negligently” mishandling her money, she noted in the lawsuit that Siegel had “allowed (and, in fact, lobbied)” her mother’s nearly seven-figure income.

Lisa’s lawyers added Priscilla was being paid “even though Lisa’s mother has no ownership in EPE (nor was she performing any sort of executive-level work to justify the salary).”

....At its conclusion, it lists her as “co-trustee” of Lisa Marie’s fund while the “Lights Out” singer’s kids — Riley and Benjamin Keough — were listed as “adult children of the beneficiary,” who would benefit upon her death

Bitter War: Lisa Marie Presley 'Estranged' From Mom Priscilla For LAST 8 YEARS

Quote:
Lisa Marie and Priscilla Presley reportedly had a strained relationship in the years leading up to the late 54-year-old's shocking passing, and according to longtime friends, Lisa Marie "would be p****d" at her mother for her fighting the 2016 amendment to her trust

"I know with Lisa and Priscilla that they always had a strange relationship. They were often estranged," the friend explained. "She would be so upset that Priscilla is doing this. Riley is an amazing trustee ... And Lisa’s youngest daughters are in the best of hands with her."

"Lisa didn’t want to have anything to do with her mom," the friend spilled. "She was basically estranged from Priscilla for the last seven to eight years. They only talked when there was no option."

...As for the cause for the tension in their relationship, the pal confessed the "bone of contention" was that Priscilla and her son, Navarone, often sided with her ex-husband, Michael Lockwood, throughout their messy split.

Lisa Marie Presley's Friends Insist Late Singer Felt Mom Priscilla Didn't Do 'Anything In Her Best Interest' As Drama Over Will Heats Up

Quote:
..... Because Finley and Harper are minors, the money will go intro a trust.

Lisa Marie wrote a living will in 1993 and amended it in 2010, making Priscilla and her former business manager, Barry Siegel, trustees. However, Priscilla discovered after her daughter's death that an amendment had been added six years later, cutting the two out of the will and replacing them with Riley and Benjamin Keough.

Priscilla challenged the 2016 amendment made to the late singer's will on Thursday, January 19.

Despite Priscilla's clear wishes, a close friend of the late star pointed out, "Lisa's intent was very clear" that she wanted her offspring to inherit her trust. "Lisa really didn't feel that Priscilla was doing anything in her best interest."

The friend of Lisa Marie called Priscilla out for her attempt to regain control of the trust especially since it contradicts her daughter's wishes. They also pointed out that at the time of the 2016 amendment, Lisa Marie "did not have a relationship" with her mom.

Old 03-20-2023, 05:08 AM

3,143 posts, read 1,599,309 times
Some missing information --

Where was the 2016 amendment all this time? Why wasn't it enforced while Lisa Marie was alive? What is taking so long to determine validity of Lisa Marie's signature?

Very odd set of circumstances.

In any event, I would hope Priscilla puts her relationship with her grandchildren first and foremost.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:21 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Unless Priscilla has compelling evidence of fraud or reasons why Riley is incapable she should pound sand...I'm sure Priscilla feathered her nest (grandma used to say) plenty managing the estate for years!
Yep! I smell Britney Spears' father vibes. Parents (or grand) who can't let go because they want control of the purse strings & access to easy money.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:52 AM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Some missing information --

Where was the 2016 amendment all this time? Why wasn't it enforced while Lisa Marie was alive? What is taking so long to determine validity of Lisa Marie's signature?

Very odd set of circumstances.

In any event, I would hope Priscilla puts her relationship with her grandchildren first and foremost.
Evidently there is something amiss here if Priscilla is pursuing the legality of the changed Will. She is questioning the validity of Lisa Marie's signature as, to her, it doesn't look like hers, and the fact that the change was never notarized. IMO, Priscilla has always had Lisa Marie's best interests at heart, and her loyalty and devotion to her DAUGHTER should take precedence over her grandchildren, who don't have a clue, oh, excuse me, who don't have the emotional interest or respect for Elvis or his legacy that has surpassed generations.

I am "Team Priscilla" IF anything is found to not be above board. Otherwise, if legit, then Priscilla needs to let go and let Riley handle it, no matter how it gets done.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:05 AM

3,143 posts, read 1,599,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Evidently there is something amiss here if Priscilla is pursuing the legality of the changed Will. She is questioning the validity of Lisa Marie's signature as, to her, it doesn't look like hers, and the fact that the change was never notarized. IMO, Priscilla has always had Lisa Marie's best interests at heart, and her loyalty and devotion to her DAUGHTER should take precedence over her grandchildren, who don't have a clue, oh, excuse me, who don't have the emotional interest or respect for Elvis or his legacy that has surpassed generations.

I am "Team Priscilla" IF anything is found to not be above board. Otherwise, if legit, then Priscilla needs to let go and let Riley handle it, no matter how it gets done.

It isn't about a changed will. It's an amendment to the Trust executed in 2016 removing Priscilla Presley and Barry Siegel.

"Almost exactly seventeen years later,
on January 27, 2010, Lisa Marie Presley amended and restated the Promenade Trust in
its entirety (the 2010 Promenade Trust.) Subsequently, about six years later, on March
11, 2016, Lisa Marie Presley executed an amendment to the Promenade Trust (the 2016
Promenade Trust Amendment.)
The 2016 Promenade Trust Amendment removed Priscilla Presley and Barry Siegel (Lisa
Marie Presley’s then business manager) as the current Co-Trustees of the Promenade
Trust, and appointed Lisa Marie Presley as the current Trustee of the Promenade Trust.
Upon Lisa Marie Presley’s death, her children, Riley Keough and Benjamin Keough,
were designated as Successor Co-Trustees of the Promenade Trust.
So what? Customarily, a settlor is also the trustee of his or her own revocable trust.
It is also common for adult children to be designated as successor trustees. In 2016,
Riley Keough would have been around age 27 and Benjamin Keough would have
been around age 24. Further, a few years later after the 2016 Promenade
Trust Amendment, Lisa Marie Presley filed a lawsuit against Barry Siegel for
mismanagement of her assets."

https://www.sssb-law.com/media/2586/...3-bizzarri.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities