Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 12:39 PM

3,454 posts, read 2,781,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
One example—
She claimed in the book that during their marriage Elvis forced himself upon her. She later said that she “overstated” that and it was untrue.

There is a very controversial book called “Child Bride: The Untold Story of Priscilla Beaulieu Presley” — it’s on Amazon —

The author claims that Priscilla was not a virgin when she met Elvis. Allegedly she traded sex with an older married man who knew Elvis in order to get invited to one of his house parties. She wanted her chance at the most famous young entertainer in the world.
The book also claims that her abusive parents basically shipped her off to Memphis while still in high school to ensure she married him and got her piece of the pie. Basically she and her parents snookered Elvis for her benefit. Supposedly she threatened to sue the author but never did.
How would anyone know for sure that Elvis and Priscilla would get married? The premise of that book is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2023, 12:55 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
One example—
She claimed in the book that during their marriage Elvis forced himself upon her. She later said that she “overstated” that and it was untrue.

There is a very controversial book called “Child Bride: The Untold Story of Priscilla Beaulieu Presley” — it’s on Amazon —

The author claims that Priscilla was not a virgin when she met Elvis. Allegedly she traded sex with an older married man who knew Elvis in order to get invited to one of his house parties. She wanted her chance at the most famous young entertainer in the world.
The book also claims that her abusive parents basically shipped her off to Memphis while still in high school to ensure she married him and got her piece of the pie. Basically she and her parents snookered Elvis for her benefit. Supposedly she threatened to sue the author but never did.
I want to read "Child Bride." That narrative comes closest to the one I have always suspected. The stepfather wanted to get rid of her and thought she was a "bad influence" on the younger children. So, he basically sold her.

Pricilla is not a Presley. She divorced Elvis. She has no right to the money.

Old 05-03-2023, 11:47 AM

2,070 posts, read 891,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
I think of how unprepared for life Priscilla and Lisa was. And I wouldn't be surprised if Riley's the same exact way.

Chances are she needs help making good day to day decisions--for the good of Riley and her brother and the twins.

I disagree.

Aug 2021

What is Riley Keough's Net Worth?

Riley Keough is an American actress, producer, and model who has a net worth of $5 million.

Riley began modeling in her early teens and appeared in her first runway show for Dolce & Gabbana in Italy at age 15.

Awards and Nominations

In 2017, Riley was named Woman of the Year at the "Elle" Women in Hollywood Awards, and she won a Gracie Allen Award for Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Drama Special for "The Girlfriend Experience." Her performance on "The Girlfriend Experience" also earned her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television and a Women's Image Network Award nomination for Actress MFT Movie / Mini-Series. For "American Honey," Riley received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Supporting Female and a London Critics Circle Film Award nomination for Supporting Actress of the Year, and a "Village Voice" Film Poll ranked her #9 for 2016's Best Supporting Actress. She earned a Fright Meter Award nomination for Best Actress for "The Lodge" and a Milano International Film Festival Award for Best Supporting Actress for "The Good Doctor." Keough and her "Mad Max: Fury Road" co-stars received a Gold Derby Award nomination for Ensemble Cast, and "The House That Jack Built" cast earned a Best Ensemble Performance nomination at the 2019 Faro Island Film Festival.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ugh-net-worth/

Sounds like she manages her day-to-day decisions pretty well w/out any help.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:33 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
I disagree.

Aug 2021

What is Riley Keough's Net Worth?

Riley Keough is an American actress, producer, and model who has a net worth of $5 million.

Riley began modeling in her early teens and appeared in her first runway show for Dolce & Gabbana in Italy at age 15.

Awards and Nominations

In 2017, Riley was named Woman of the Year at the "Elle" Women in Hollywood Awards, and she won a Gracie Allen Award for Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Drama Special for "The Girlfriend Experience." Her performance on "The Girlfriend Experience" also earned her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television and a Women's Image Network Award nomination for Actress MFT Movie / Mini-Series. For "American Honey," Riley received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Supporting Female and a London Critics Circle Film Award nomination for Supporting Actress of the Year, and a "Village Voice" Film Poll ranked her #9 for 2016's Best Supporting Actress. She earned a Fright Meter Award nomination for Best Actress for "The Lodge" and a Milano International Film Festival Award for Best Supporting Actress for "The Good Doctor." Keough and her "Mad Max: Fury Road" co-stars received a Gold Derby Award nomination for Ensemble Cast, and "The House That Jack Built" cast earned a Best Ensemble Performance nomination at the 2019 Faro Island Film Festival.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ugh-net-worth/

Sounds like she manages her day-to-day decisions pretty well w/out any help.

I think people need to give her a chance, they will find she is not her mother or grandfather with how she spends money.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:33 PM

Default Priscilla Presley Remembers Elvis Amid Lisa Marie Trust Battle

May 2

This week, the 77-year-old actress took to Instagram to remember her former husband, despite the ongoing reports of tension between her and Elvis' grandchildren over Lisa Marie's estate.

"May 1st. A very special day for Elvis and I," Priscilla captioned her post on Monday, sharing a throwback black-and-white photo from their wedding in 1967.

She then included the lyrics from his hit song "Memories," writing, "'Memories pressed between the pages of my mind Memories sweetened through the ages just like wine.'"

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pris...020401526.html

What Elvis Presley's Longtime Friend Jerry Schilling Wants to See Happen to Graceland

While the future of the estate hangs in the balance, Schilling said his main hope is to preserve the treasured Memphis property, as he believes Elvis would have wanted.

"I would like for Graceland itself to stay as it has for the last 45 years, as a piece of history captured in time," Schilling, 81, told PEOPLE in an interview published on March 10. "I'd like to see it as Elvis left it, as he decorated it, for the generations of the Presley children. It's the White House of rock and roll."

Schilling implored, what was most important to Elvis was Lisa Marie. "I lived at Graceland while she was growing up," he recalled. "They had a great chemistry. There was a real father/daughter love there."

"Lisa loved Graceland," she loved taking her kids back to Graceland after it closed."

"Some of the housekeepers and cooks were still alive, and she would have dinners," he said. "I've been to a couple of them, with the family, her kids, Priscilla, some of the relatives in Memphis."
"She loved Graceland. It was very personal to her," Schilling stated of Lisa Marie, who is now buried in the Meditation Garden at Graceland, next to her son Benjamin and nearby her father and paternal grandparents. "She was like her father. She would have never given it up."

https://parade.com/news/elvis-presle...sa-marie-death

Jerry Schilling who's arm she held onto so tightly. I remember Jerry Schilling doing an interview after LMP had begun releasing her music. He said she had called him up & told him, "I think I can sing!"

Old 05-06-2023, 07:14 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,150,656 times
Riley.........

Old 05-06-2023, 12:00 PM

"Priscilla’s petition was initially set for hearing on April 13. As a probate litigator, I was waiting with bated breath to see whether Riley, in particular, would file a response. However, a review of the court docket indicated that a response to Priscilla’s petition has yet to be filed and that the hearing has been pushed to May."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...er-1235401911/

Interesting ..

"If the 2016 amendment is voided in court, Priscilla and Riley would be cotrustees."

https://people.com/music/inside-pris...-maries-trust/

I wonder why Riley has not responded. Maybe she is just allowing the court to decide. It has already granted lockwood custody of the twins. I think Priscilla is clinging to the Presley coattails. It's been a better cash cow than; Priscilla Garibaldi/Garcia. Maybe Riley isn't so surprised by the matriarch's petition.

I read that she brought lockwood to the memorial service. That he arrived w/her in the limo, iirc. The excuse was that he had to chaperone the twins.

From the above link;

"When Lisa Marie launched her music career in 2003, she appointed her business manager Barry Siegel as a cotrustee with Priscilla. Less than two years into his role, Siegel sold 85 percent of the trust's interests in EPE, which was still worth around $100 million.

By 2015 the trust was left with only $14,000 in cash and mountains of debt, leading to Lisa Marie's lawsuit against Siegel in 2018 for mismanagement of her trust. She alleged that Siegel had given Priscilla an annual salary of $900,000, though she had no ownership or official position in EPE. (She and Siegel settled for an undisclosed amount out of court.)"

Old 05-07-2023, 04:20 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I want to read "Child Bride." That narrative comes closest to the one I have always suspected. The stepfather wanted to get rid of her and thought she was a "bad influence" on the younger children. So, he basically sold her.

Priscilla is not a Presley. She divorced Elvis. She has no right to the money.

I don't know much about all of this, as I was not an Elvis fan, but my senses tell me exactly what you just wrote.
She divorced Elvis, she has no rights to anything, unless this was all started with both her and Elvis when he was alive as if it were a "joint venture business" or something along those lines.
If it wasn't, she really should not be a part of it.
But then, I'm thinking did she and LisaMarie start this business together after Elvis had died, then she is a part of it.

Old 05-18-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I don't know much about all of this, as I was not an Elvis fan, but my senses tell me exactly what you just wrote.
She divorced Elvis, she has no rights to anything, unless this was all started with both her and Elvis when he was alive as if it were a "joint venture business" or something along those lines.
If it wasn't, she really should not be a part of it.
But then, I'm thinking did she and LisaMarie start this business together after Elvis had died, then she is a part of it.

She was able to step in because Lisa, Elvis's only heir was way too young to run it when he ded

Priscilla eventually turned it over to Lisa.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lisa over spent, even though she was mostly home mourning her loss. It also.wouldnt surprise me of the guy she sued did steal some of the money.

Hopefully Riley can turn it around before no one cares about Elvis because there's no one alive that had heard his music, saw his videos/movies

Old 05-18-2023, 12:55 PM

Fast update
The case was settled but no details yet.

Priscilla Presley Settles Battle Over Daughter Lisa Marie Presley’s Estate
The petition from Priscilla Presley questioned the validity of a 2016 amendment that replaced her as co-trustee of the estate with Lisa Marie Presley's daughter Riley Keough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities