Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 02:34 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I do agree about the part that Graceland might lose its appeal. When I drove by there last year the area wasn't great. You can barely see the house up on the hill through all the trees. There is a place to pull over, get out and try to view from the gate. Four lane road with lots of traffic. There is a nice area of houses to one side but the rest is all downscale older office buildings, gas stations etc., and half a mile away an entrance to the freeway it just didn't do much for me at all. Reminded me of what happened to Disneyland after many years in Anaheim. If it weren't for Graceland, that area would have gone to pot years ago.

(By the way, apparently voice activation thinks that an apostrophe is needed in the "its" in the first sentence. I had to go back and correct it. Whats up with that??)

It's sad the area around Graceland declined. I guess that's why Lisa didn't consider it her home base, instead living in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2023, 11:44 AM

3,144 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Priscilla's true colors showing through:

Riley Keough. PHOTO: DAVID CROTTY/PATRICK MCMULLAN VIA GETTY
One month after Riley Keough and grandmother Priscilla Presley reached an agreement over the late Lisa Marie Presley’s estate, the Daisy Jones & the Six star will become its sole trustee.

Riley, 34, petitioned the court to approve last month’s settlement agreement in documents filed Monday in Los Angeles and obtained by PEOPLE. Entertainment Tonight was first to report the news.

The actress's lawyer Justin Gold writes in the petition that Riley will not charge for her services as a trustee; therefore, “the beneficiaries all save money that would have gone to Priscilla who was going to charge a trustee fee."

In the documents, Gold adds: "In settling the claims pending in Priscilla's Petition, the parties are saving significant legal fees by avoiding litigation, and they are likewise avoiding the spectacle of intra-family litigation that would have been inimical to Lisa's wishes and not in the best interests of the family."

Riley — will be the sole trustee of her mother’s estate and the sub-trusts for her 14-year-old twin sisters Harper and Finley Lockwood — will also safeguard and invest the money “in a manner consistent with the needs of the beneficiaries, and not influenced by the desire of a Trustee,” according to Gold.
Priscilla, meanwhile, will be Trustee of the sub-trust of her son (and Lisa Marie’s half-brother) Navarone Garibaldi, who will be granted 1/9 of the Trust, the documents reportedly state. The rest will be split among Riley, Finley and Harper, and Priscilla will also receive a one-time, lump sum payment from the Trust for an undisclosed amount.

Per the documents, Priscilla, 78, was officially removed as Trustee of her late daughter’s estate on May 11, and that the change will remain in place whether Riley’s petition is approved or not, as Priscilla signed a settlement agreement.

Reps for Priscilla and Riley had no comment.

Legal counsel for Priscilla and Riley reached an agreement over Lisa Marie’s trust in May, and Priscilla said at the time that the “Presley family is stronger than ever.”

https://people.com/riley-keough-beco...estate-7511515

Old 06-16-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
Priscilla's true colors showing through:

Riley Keough. PHOTO: DAVID CROTTY/PATRICK MCMULLAN VIA GETTY
One month after Riley Keough and grandmother Priscilla Presley reached an agreement over the late Lisa Marie Presley’s estate, the Daisy Jones & the Six star will become its sole trustee.

Riley, 34, petitioned the court to approve last month’s settlement agreement in documents filed Monday in Los Angeles and obtained by PEOPLE. Entertainment Tonight was first to report the news.

The actress's lawyer Justin Gold writes in the petition that Riley will not charge for her services as a trustee; therefore, “the beneficiaries all save money that would have gone to Priscilla who was going to charge a trustee fee."

In the documents, Gold adds: "In settling the claims pending in Priscilla's Petition, the parties are saving significant legal fees by avoiding litigation, and they are likewise avoiding the spectacle of intra-family litigation that would have been inimical to Lisa's wishes and not in the best interests of the family."

Riley — will be the sole trustee of her mother’s estate and the sub-trusts for her 14-year-old twin sisters Harper and Finley Lockwood — will also safeguard and invest the money “in a manner consistent with the needs of the beneficiaries, and not influenced by the desire of a Trustee,” according to Gold.
Priscilla, meanwhile, will be Trustee of the sub-trust of her son (and Lisa Marie’s half-brother) Navarone Garibaldi, who will be granted 1/9 of the Trust, the documents reportedly state. The rest will be split among Riley, Finley and Harper, and Priscilla will also receive a one-time, lump sum payment from the Trust for an undisclosed amount.

Per the documents, Priscilla, 78, was officially removed as Trustee of her late daughter’s estate on May 11, and that the change will remain in place whether Riley’s petition is approved or not, as Priscilla signed a settlement agreement.

Reps for Priscilla and Riley had no comment.

Legal counsel for Priscilla and Riley reached an agreement over Lisa Marie’s trust in May, and Priscilla said at the time that the “Presley family is stronger than ever.”

https://people.com/riley-keough-beco...estate-7511515

Great find Maddie, I some how missed this, I had seen where they did settle but it was private. Good for Riley. That is what her mother wanted. I had a similar fight for my dad but lost $150k trying to mediate. I settled for that amount so I didn't get much with my attorney charging almost that full amount. It was maybe a thousand dollars in the end. A younger sibling harasses me online about it and the blood money she says I took. They wanted me to step down as my dad's favorite child who he knew may not be his bio child. I did show everyone the paternity test which got me accused of making it in Microsoft Word.

Riley can now grieve her mother which will be hard as she raises her daughter, who will miss out on having her maternal grandmother. My dad was only 69 when people easily live many years after that age.

I'm shocked her brother got some too.

Old 07-13-2023, 10:09 PM

Her COD has been released, its due to small bowel obstruction which I assume is painful. Her small bowel was strangled which happened to a elderly neighbor of mine who also died from their intestines strangling him, he was screaming in pain at the hospital until he died. Pain meds didn't take his pain away from what I was told. IMO the urine tox screen didn't find drugs yet the autopsy supposedly did.

I'm shocked to read she had bariatric surgery at some point. I've never seen her over weight..

The article also says her estate made a large payout in the millions to Priscilla.

LISA MARIE PRESLEY OPIOIDS FOUND IN SYSTEM
... Small Bowel Obstruction Cause of Death

Quote:
4:00 PM PT -- The toxicology report findings have just been released. There were therapeutic levels of Oxycodone in her blood. A second opioid was found -- Buprenorphine -- which is to treat opioid overuse. Opioids can cause constipation, which can lead to bowel obstruction, which was the cause of her death. There were also traces of Quetiapine, an antipsychotic drug.
As for the bowel obstruction, it was in the form of a strangulated small bowel, caused by adhesion that developed after bariatric surgery (gastric bypass) years ago.

The coroner says there was no drug paraphernalia or narcotics found at her home when she was rushed to the hospital. At the hospital, Lisa Marie went into cardiac arrest. Her urine toxicology screen was negative.
The report confirms TMZ's story ... Lisa Marie had a cosmetic procedure a few months before her death, after which she was prescribed opioids, adding she had a history of "overmedicating," and she was known to forget she had taken her meds and would take them again. The report adds Lisa Marie had a history of alcohol and drug abuse.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:55 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Her COD has been released, its due to small bowel obstruction which I assume is painful.
How awful. Thank you for posting an update.

Old 07-14-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
How awful. Thank you for posting an update.

I know I wanted to know the COD, figured others here were interested too. She was a few years younger than me.

The pain had to be horrible like my elderly neighbors was. His niece said he screamed in agony.

Shame she was taken from her kids so young like her father and his family died from heart issues.

Old 07-16-2023, 04:19 PM

3,144 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I know I wanted to know the COD, figured others here were interested too. She was a few years younger than me.

The pain had to be horrible like my elderly neighbors was. His niece said he screamed in agony.

Shame she was taken from her kids so young like her father and his family died from heart issues.
I have been following this story as well. Lisa Maria seemed to love her children very much. What a tragedy for Riley Keough to lose her mother and brother. She has been tight lipped about Priscilla.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities