Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 AM

987 posts, read 1,747,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
you can change appearances but you can't change your DNA.
Yep, that I do agree w/...

Last edited by agnt.starling; 05-17-2011 at 09:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
I caught part of the show Sunday (and on Rosie O'Donnell's Doc Club), and I'm not really going to get into what Chaz's true intentions are, but that I found it interesting & informative, because I was curious, and I liked the portion regarding questions asked by audience, so I gather he's still got more surgery in mind as far as finalyzing (???, for lack of better term) but I guess at this time the technology is still new & slowly progressing, interesting....
Thank you for keeping an open mind. It is truly informative. I know a little bit about the transgendered population but I learned a little bit more watching the documentary.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Yes, anyone would make money if they do interviews and speak at a school just like any other motivational speaker who presents different topics.
Of course youth want someone they can relate to but they are also very aware of the constant attention Chaz is receiving.

You missed the part about the surgery. The surgery will change his anatomy. Please research gender change operations.

Anatomy is still not a change on the chromosomal level!!! All of this stuff is just a covering! It's phony! Thaey can strap on a plastic penis or grow breasts! It doesn't matter.

It's still XX chromosomes for Chastity Bono!

Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 AM

987 posts, read 1,747,151 times
Quote:
Thank you for keeping an open mind. It is truly informative. I know a little bit about the transgendered population but I learned a little bit more watching the documentary.
Exactly, w/out going into other areas...(its hard not though, I know) it is interesting from an educational standpoint

Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Anatomy is still not a change on the chromosomal level!!! All of this stuff is just a covering! It's phony! Thaey can strap on a plastic penis or grow breasts! It doesn't matter.
It's still XX chromosomes for Chastity Bono!
Someone you know may be going through something like this at this very moment...the best we can do is support their decisions.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
I see this as pre-empting endless tabloid leaks. This way Chaz gets to tell his story without any spin or sensationalism. He has been in the public eye since birth. He is very brave to put it all out there, but I totally see why he has chosen to do this.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I see this as pre-empting endless tabloid leaks. This way Chaz gets to tell his story without any spin or sensationalism.
I agree!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:15 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
For anyone who missed it, here are a few clips:
Clips From Last Night: Chaz Bono announces his engagement – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

Chaz seems very mature and sure of himself. I was quite impressed. I also like the way he always stepped up in defense of his mother when everyone else (especially Joy Behar) tried to make her look like the bad guy or misunderstanding mom. His girlfriend is also very pretty. He's traveled a long road and seemed to travel it well.
You can cut off an elephant's trunk and glue bunny years to his head and he's still an elephant.

I find the whole scenario totally revolting.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-17-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You can cut off an elephant's trunk and glue bunny years to his head and he's still an elephant.

I find the whole scenario totally revolting.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-17-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Someone you know may be going through something like this at this very moment...the best we can do is support their decisions.
No...the best thing we can do is tell them the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities