Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:12 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I hope they will be happy together. Life is hard enough without holding the identity of one sex in your mind and being trapped inside the body of the other.

That's what Melissa Etheridge and her partner did. David Crosby was the sperm donor for their daughter.
Like that was a sane decision.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I remember when Chaz was still a chick. She was a little overweight, but I did find her kinda cute
Now she looks like John Candy.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,070,584 times
Glitterific, it would be one thing if Chaz did a show and or wrote a book to help others. I think Chaz is making things public for $$$$ and notarity. Many people have already brought light to this subject and don't think there is anything else to be added. If his last name wasn't Bono and or has a mother by the name of Cher there would be no show and no book. Doubt there would even be a sex change.

I don't believe people should make trastic changes to themselves as people change their mind all of the time. Chasity wanted to be a lesbian now has changed her mind to being male. Chaz might also want to change his mind about kids and have some. Chaz might change his mind and decide to become female again. If people are struggeling with this I don't at all mean to offend anyone, but I really believe this is more about being different and making money. Come on, what else has Chaz been successful at? Chaz was probably running out of money and options and choose too be male because he knew it would make news and he'd be in the press again, making appearances, and making $$$.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:01 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times
David Crosby seems to have a hand in quite a few pregnancies...
if Chaz saved some of her eggs, she can mother a child albeit with a surrogate...or his girlfriend could do it

Old 05-16-2011, 06:35 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
This is sick. What is wrong with us? We are actually calling this person "he" ???

This is still a woman!! She can strap on all of this artificial stuff. But she still has 2 "X" chromosomes!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Christine Jorgensen is the first high-profile, transgendered person to have had a sex change operation. This happened about 1950 (or a little earlier). Christine, who was born a male and named George, had grown up as a boy and served in the armed forces as a young man. She had the sex change operation in Denmark and then returned to the US. She had a successful career with a night club act and her autobiography was also a successful book. After the sex change operation, she lived the remainder of her life as a woman and, from all appearance, was very happy with the outcome. I always thought she looked very much like a woman and a glamorous one, at at that.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Oprah covered this in the mid 90's.

???I know she interviewed a transgendered person from ATL. I know where this person performs/performed in ATL.

i knew enough then--no need to learn more.

Having seen 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'--i had some ideas. Shown on cable quite frequently, fwiw.

eh--i read the book about 2 decades ago. The ability to read and comprehend--a handy skill. jmo.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:59 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,070,584 times
Citizenkane, you are too much!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Cher stated publicly several years ago, when "Chaz" was still just a lesbian, that she "always knew" that her daughter would grow up to be a lesbian. There must have been clear signs that all was not well with Chastity even in childhood. "Chaz"/Chastity has had a difficult road to tread. I hope *he* will be happy with this irreversible decision.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:57 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,126,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This is sick. What is wrong with us? We are actually calling this person "he" ???

This is still a woman!! She can strap on all of this artificial stuff. But she still has 2 "X" chromosomes!
Chaz is undergoing hormone treatment and has undergone surgery (possibility more is needed, I am not sure) so Chaz will be completely 100% male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities