Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,715 times

Advertisements

I went to vetco at paraham rd, henrico, va yesterday.
My 12 old can being indoor vet suggested to have all shots which cost me $65.

After I left my can got sick, fented, lots of saliva from her mouth. And some one thought I am abusing my cat, called police on me. I drove off. Came home and she is still sleeping, no food but little water after I forced her.

I called vetco today and spoke to vet who said I should have taken to emergency. Who will pay? She said any animal can have reaction. Surprised. I have her 7 yrs, no reaction till today. How she can not be responsible to pay for emergency?, caused due to making more money suggesting all shots when she don't need it.

Last edited by sheba786; 09-11-2016 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: spell check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 07:19 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,671 times
Homeopathy for Animals - Overcoming vaccination hurdles | National Center for Homeopathy

Old 01-25-2017, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,598 times
Smile Cat Lethargic after Vaccinations

2 yr old Moses, male Lynx Point Siamese has been sleeping most of the 48 hrs since his shots 2 days ago; eating though, wants petting and going outside for a few minutes a couple times a day but sleeping remainder of the time which is about 25%-40% more than his usual sleep pattern in winter. Happy to see my concerns confirmed by you guys and that the lethargy lasts abt 2 days so he should be himself tomorrow. Thanks a million for posting.:

Old 01-26-2017, 07:52 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheba786
vet suggested to have all shots which cost me $65.
Just for future reference, don't have more than one vaccination done on the same day. The last time my cat had shots done, 2 years ago, it was the vet's suggestion (before I could even bring it up myself) to do her rabies that day (she was in for her annual exam), and do the FVRCP 2 weeks later (I'm not vaxxing for anything else because she is strictly an indoor cat). It was our first time at this particular practice, and my instinct in choosing that vet was confirmed when he suggested that.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:36 AM

82 posts, read 81,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Just for future reference, don't have more than one vaccination done on the same day. The last time my cat had shots done, 2 years ago, it was the vet's suggestion (before I could even bring it up myself) to do her rabies that day (she was in for her annual exam), and do the FVRCP 2 weeks later (I'm not vaxxing for anything else because she is strictly an indoor cat). It was our first time at this particular practice, and my instinct in choosing that vet was confirmed when he suggested that.
I'm not opposed to vaccinations, but one at a time! Many years ago, I took both my cats in for vaccines. The vet gave them each three. I was new to owning cats. Let me tell you, they were extremely ill. I called my vet, and he told me that he had given their immune systems "quite a load." He said that "occasionally" cats get sick from this. Well, I've never heard of a cat who didn't become ill from that many vaccinations in one day!

I switched vets, and he told me...one at a time...two weeks apart. I have one cat now. I get her only rabies and distemper. Rabies is required in our state. I once lost a puppy to distemper, even though she had received the vaccine. The vet said it was something to do with not having enough protective antibodies because breeders do not let them nurse long enough. IDK. All I know is that I never want to see another pet go through something like that again.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:47 PM

9 posts, read 13,477 times
Default Yup

Cats are over vaccinated.. well, people too. I have seen this my whole life with cats. Indoor cats I wouldn't worry about shots. If you HAVE to do it, then at least space them out.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
I never have my cats or dogs get more than one vaccine at a time. And with the rabies, I get the one year, not the onslaught of the three year.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:38 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
My former cat was always like this after her vet vaccinations.

That evening after getting shots she was listless and just laid there and slept under the bed. Next day she did better.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,022 times
Wake up people! These vaccines are way over done. None of these diseases are spread through the air. There has to be fluid exchange; e.g., a bite from cat to cat, for an infection to occur. Whether you believe that or not, if your cat is indoor only, it is virtually impossible to contract any of this crap unless you have an infected animal inside. We lost a beautiful pedigreed Persian to an FVRCP vaccination he didn’t need. Serious initial side effects within two hours of shot, lasted three days, then followed 4 months later, yes, that’s right, symptoms cleared for four months, then resurfaced as encephalitis, followed by seizure, followed by his passing. The terminal episode came on in a matter of hours and took his life, accompanied by further incompetence by the vet in the emergency room. Never sick a day in his life before the F***ing shot in January; passes away in May. Most vets are incompetent; a cat’s worst enemy. Vets use the cheapest vaccines they can get their hands on, then charge you top dollar to administer them. If you love your pet, and they are exclusively inside without exposure to another sick animal, avoid the shots at all cost.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:34 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,913,458 times
Eventually I got to the point where I did not get several shots at once. Interesting, one could get several at once but when getting one at a time they need to be spaced several weeks apart. I also do not get the several year rabies either. Just the one year at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats