Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 11:34 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,568 times
Beautiful!!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM

68 posts, read 110,880 times
cute pic

Old 04-22-2014, 10:16 AM

369 posts, read 760,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrchick View Post
Oh snaps. I always thought Tabbies were considered the mutts of cats. My mistake then!
No worries, it's a common misconception

Old 04-22-2014, 10:37 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Can't believe I did not comment on "no kudzu's" contribution

Beautiful picture "no kudzu"

Old 04-22-2014, 10:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
Thank you very much but I am a much better finder of pictures than photographer.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,209,078 times
Hi all, I am a regular on the Connecticut section of this forum. I had no idea there was even a cat section. My wife and I are animal lovers and I want to share a pic of our cats,they are all rescues:
Emma- the dark Maine Coon. Emma was thrown outside and left to fend herself by her owner some years ago. She got very sick and anemic and was infested with fleas until a cat rescue society took her, got her medical help and adopted her out to us. She is an awesome sweet cat and has a great home with us.
Luna- She is the Calico/Maine Coon mix. Also a resuce, she was rescued from an animal horder house in Georgia and was adopted and returned 3 times in Connecticut by owners who wanted a lap cat.She had some health issues when we adopted her but she is in perfect health now. She now has her forever home with us for the last 3 years and is so sweet. She may not be cuddly lap cat but she sleeps next to us on the bed everynight and is very,very affectionate.
Ozzy- He is the orange tabby kitten. He is now 9 month old and we got him when he was 6 weeks old. He, along with a few siblings and his mom are rescues. They were born in a garage in Rhode Island and there were coyotes around so the guy who found them brought them into the vet where my older sister works. I took one and she took one and the other kitten found a home too. He is sweet but he his still a kitten so he drives the older girls up a wall. He is just being a kitten and he will grow out of it eventually.
Anyway, thats our story. Here is a pic of all of them:

Old 04-23-2014, 06:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
Always nice to meet another guy who loves cats. You have beautiful trio on your hands & enjoyed the pics very much. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:38 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,209,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Always nice to meet another guy who loves cats. You have beautiful trio on your hands & enjoyed the pics very much. Thanks for posting.
Cool, thanks! We always rescue/adopt when we are ready. Three is our max at any one time. We usually like to adopt an adult cat since they get forgotten and everyone wants a kitten. Ozzy is our first kitten and he is quite a handful. He is great with us but is still learning manners with the older cats. He really drives them crazy.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Cool, thanks! We always rescue/adopt when we are ready. Three is our max at any one time. We usually like to adopt an adult cat since they get forgotten and everyone wants a kitten. Ozzy is our first kitten and he is quite a handful. He is great with us but is still learning manners with the older cats. He really drives them crazy.

Been there & done that a few times. We had 7 cats (all homeless rescues) & 2 dogs when my wife passed away in 07. I'm down to 5 cats now and it's more manageable. Still, never a dull moment around here. I too am a big advocate for adopting older cats. I may not ever adopt another cat (due to my age), but if I do it will be an older one with little chance of finding a home. That said, I sure do miss having little kittens and the chaos that goes with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats