Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times

Advertisements

You'll never be ready, like I said. How long have we had to endure your nonsense already??? You aren't going anywhere.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:54 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You'll never be ready, like I said. How long have we had to endure your nonsense already??? You aren't going anywhere.
If my posts hurt your delicate feelings so much, go here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/profi...?do=ignorelist

Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
You're not hurting my feelings, sonny. It takes a lot more than some useless bickering on an anonymous forum to even begin to get into my psyche.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
The deal with california is this, If you plan to move here you better have an income to live on. If you have a decent job lined up find a place you can afford and live in a manner you are happy with then your ok.
I have a good job and have no bills other than a house payment and utilities and I'm ok but if i allowed myself to get into credit cards or such then i would just get by, it's all about budgeting here in calif. right now because of high unemployment, loos of buisness and taxes going up you have to really think about it before you jump.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:51 PM

378 posts, read 626,092 times
Believe me man, California is totally downhill. Many large cities now have issues with illegals and gangs, and even smaller cities too. It's not what it used to be.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:08 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
California was a lot better for me before I had my kid.
Better for me then too.

California was always better for me in the past, no matter which past and which present you consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You're not hurting my feelings, sonny. It takes a lot more than some useless bickering on an anonymous forum to even begin to get into my psyche.
That's very condescending.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
I lived in San Francisco....and I was mostly frustrated with the insane prices. This 100% includes RENT and to buy a house, astronomical.

YET...all things being said...CALIFORNIA is still the most amazing State in the United States by far. I think most people are frustrated because the housing prices are out of reach for most people. However, there are so many niches all over California, that I am sure people could find their place if so determined.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 PM

67 posts, read 193,622 times
California has gone to be a very expensive state. Housing is sky high, you cant find a mid size home under 450K in a safe neighboorhood. Traffic gets worst by the day. Street gans and graffity are part of our nice city decor.
In the other hand there a lots of places to visit if you have enough money to go. Plenty of theme parks, beaches and many other fun staff to do....but money is a factor.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:02 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,691,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
If your wants align well with CA, then it is a pleasure. If they don't, then you'll eventually come to the realization that there are a lot of tradeoffs that you will have to make.
I think you summed it up pretty good Sassberto. Your last paragraph really says it all. It really boils down to what is important to you. And sometimes that is a progressive revelation in your life.

Let me give you an example. We left SoCal for CO after the birth of our third child. Housing costs were rediculous and there was no place for us to grow our family at least near where I was working at the time (Torrance, CA). So we packed it up and made a new life in CO.

After a number of years there we eventually longed to live near a coast again. And since my wife's family lived on the West Coast we determinded to head back this way. Personally I could have moved to the PNW. I love the rugged coast up there. If in California I wanted wide open spaces which we had come to really love while living in CO. You have room to breath out there. So SoCal was out for us. We were tired of that scene. Then when I was offered a higher paying position in Monterey it just fit what we were looking for. It fit our goals.

So now with three children living in Monterey is really great. But it would not have been before. My career wasn't far enough along to support it. Is it perfect? By no means. But could I imagine myself raising my family here and living the rest of my life in this area - definately! I was just thinking that while I was watching our kids playing in the water at the beach today.

California is many things to many different ppl along different points of their life's journey. It definately isn't a one size fits all kind of place.

Derek

Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
MtnSurfer,

If it weren't for the coast, would you have come back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California