Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 AM

30,906 posts, read 37,017,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Does the guy have a shot? What do you think CA?
Oh my God, I hope not. He's useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetweenYouMeAndTheLampost View Post
He'll get all the votes of the gays, panhandlers, druggies, commies. Yeah, guess he will be re-elected.
He won't get a vote from this gay.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Pardon me if I laugh but what you posted could be said, with very little adjustment, about just about every politician in the state, and most at the federal level as well -- always looking out for themselves. Seventeen years of working with (not for) the Legislature taught me that.
There's no question about that. But at least some of those politicians actually accomplish something, which is more than can be said for Newsom.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
He banged his advisor's/friend's wife. Yeah, it's their own business and all, but when you're an important public figure/leader you might want to show more discretion, because it's gonna look real bad for you (Also, good job on screwing your friend over, Gavin)
I might add that when a person screws his friend's wife (and by extension, his friend also), doesn't that say something about how he'll treat the citizens of California? It sure does to me; and I don't like what it says.

Tyger

Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,621,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I might add that when a person screws his friend's wife (and by extension, his friend also), doesn't that say something about how he'll treat the citizens of California? It sure does to me; and I don't like what it says.

Tyger

Come on somebody's personal life is no one's business. Everybody screws around [clergy included]. Let's base our opinions on performance rather than silly gossip.

LA Times have an article on Newsom's meeting in Santa Monica last night where the crowd cheered every time he mentioned gay rights. Why would any gay person not vote for the mayor of San Francisco?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Come on somebody's personal life is no one's business. Everybody screws around [clergy included]. Let's base our opinions on performance rather than silly gossip.

LA Times have an article on Newsom's meeting in Santa Monica last night where the crowd cheered every time he mentioned gay rights. Why would any gay person not vote for the mayor of San Francisco?
Personal life may not be something that should matter, but when you choose to put yourself in the lime light, it does matter. Having an affair is bad enough, your best freinds wife, over the line..By the way, not everyone screws around and not all clergy do...Some yes, all NO!!! I hardly think his involvement with his friends wife was nothing more than silly gossip.

Oh, I will add one more thing, Not every gay person is going to support someone just because they happen to be the mayor of anyplace....
Nita

Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,523,015 times
Quote:
Come on somebody's personal life is no one's business.
That's really sad. It send a message that roll-models don't exist, or shouldn't. To adopt this "anything goes, if it feels good do it" line right out of the 60s is to say that honesty, integrity, morals and values have no place in politics and that laissez faire approach is, in my opinion, precisely what has led to the coarsening of our society and a great loss of civility and national character.

That Newsom would betray his best friend with his best friend's wife and tell the people of this state that what he wants is going to happen, "...whether you like it or not" tells me volumes about how he'd govern and how little regard he has for the citizens of this once fine state.

Gavin knows best? I think not!

If you elect him (I'll be moved out of state by then) you deserve him.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:17 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,380,735 times
I don't see the guy as a strong contendor for the job. Maybe his name is big in the northern part of the state. I don't hear his name mentioned much in my circles. From what I can see he became a big turn off when the Prop 8 adds ran. I never heard of the guy till then and don't care for him now.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:

That's a bunch of BS. With so many people with such non-existent standards, it's no surprise we have people like him in office.

What happens in your personal life is a reflection of who you are. If you have no integrity in your personal life, you're very likely to not have it in your professional life, either.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
That's really sad. It send a message that role-models don't exist, or shouldn't. To adopt this "anything goes, if it feels good do it" line right out of the 60s is to say that honesty, integrity, morals and values have no place in politics and that laissez faire approach is, in my opinion, precisely what has led to the coarsening of our society and a great loss of civility and national character.

That Newsom would betray his best friend with his best friend's wife and tell the people of this state that what he wants is going to happen, "...whether you like it or not" tells me volumes about how he'd govern and how little regard he has for the citizens of this once fine state.

Gavin knows best? I think not!

If you elect him (I'll be moved out of state by then) you deserve him.
Thank you. I couldn't have said it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California