Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 05:12 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times

Advertisements

Better luck next time.

Newsom pulls out of governor's race
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 05:20 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,677,908 times
He never had much of a chance anyways. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him campaign and advertise on TV, just hearing him speak makes me cringe. I just cannot stand the guy for various reasons and I hope he eventually just fades away from politics in this state.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:50 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,487,077 times
Default Whether you like it or not....

quote=sav858;11416938]He never had much of a chance anyways. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him campaign and advertise on TV, just hearing him speak makes me cringe. I just cannot stand the guy for various reasons and I hope he eventually just fades away from politics in this state.[/quote]

Agreed.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
He never had much of a chance anyways. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to him campaign and advertise on TV, just hearing him speak makes me cringe. I just cannot stand the guy for various reasons and I hope he eventually just fades away from politics in this state.
I Third that..

Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,844 times
With Gavin dropping out and Tony V. declining to run earlier,unless the Republicans nominate a strong candidate and mount a hard campaign,it sure looks as if Jerry "Governor Moonbeam" Brown will be back again.Bad for California,buts it looks as if that is what we are going to get.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:17 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Nah! He can't just fade away. That's what old soldiers do. His ego won't permit it!

Old 10-30-2009, 08:40 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,958,940 times
I am afraid that Newsom is one of those politicians that just keeps coming back again and again!

Kinda like Jason............or Jerry Brown!

Old 10-30-2009, 08:43 PM

44 posts, read 134,256 times
Unless you want to accumulate a long list of examples of Gavin Newsom's acts of corruption and depredation, this letter may become a bit monotonous. However, I indubitably do hope you read it all the way through because antidisestablishmentarianism is both a belief system and a material, institutional reality. Note that some of the facts I plan to use in this letter were provided to me by a highly educated person who managed to escape Gavin Newsom's grumpy, vexatious indoctrination and is consequently believable. Gavin Newsom seizes every opportunity to waffle on all the issues. I cannot believe this colossal clownishness. Any sane person knows that Gavin Newsom's principles have created a vitriolic, bilious universe devoid of logic and evidence. Only within this universe does it make sense to say that Gavin Newsom's practices epitomize wholesome family entertainment. Only within this universe does it make sense to accelerate the natural tendency of civilization to devolve from order to chaos, liberty to tyranny, and virtue to vice. And, only if we eschew muzzy-headed plagiarism can we destroy this foul, detestable universe of his and compile readers' remarks and suggestions and use them to acquire the input of a representative cross-section of the community in a non-threatening, inclusive environment.
Gavin Newsom's antics are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. Gavin Newsom likes to imply that the rigors that his victims have been called upon to undergo have been amply justified in the sphere of concrete achievement. This is what his opuscula amount to although, of course, they're daubed over with the viscid slobber of insincere drivel devised by his deputies and mindlessly multiplied by disloyal, mutinous party animals. To summarize my views: In debates with Gavin Newsom, it is important to evaluate whether his provocations reflect a sincere desire to present an alternative point of view or whether his agenda is primarily to get on my nerves.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Jerry Brown was my Mayor for 8 years and I thought he did a good job at improving Oakland's image.

But now I think he's too old to be Governor-he'll be 72 next year.

I wish the Democrats could put up someone young and not part of Sacramento's musical chairs establishment where the same people just rotate from one position to another.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:44 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
Gavin Newsom's starting a trend of pulling out. Gavin pulls out of friend's wife, Gavin pulls out of race... What's next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California