Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How should California handle this latest surge of Covid?
Bring back the restrictions of 2020 23 20.18%
Let it rip! 91 79.82%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 12:13 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times

Advertisements

No, travel isn't my idea of safe enough, but exposure time is a real thing and for that matter medical-grade masks don't hold off pathogens for many hours. Consider this a plea to self-reflect: your opinions on safety measures are in my opinion like the people who call the pandemic a plandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 12:25 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,033,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
No, travel isn't my idea of safe enough, but exposure time is a real thing and for that matter medical-grade masks don't hold off pathogens for many hours. Consider this a plea to self-reflect: your opinions on safety measures are in my opinion like the people who call the pandemic a plandemic.
They are arresting 2 years old babies for not keeping their masks in during flights. The federal mask law says all passengers ages 2 and up must mask on flights or risk prosecution by the authorities. The CDC data even admits that small children have a less than 1 in 100,000 chance if dying even if they get Covid but a few hours in an adult jail cell would mean certain death for them at the hands of the REAL criminals in their cells. This shows that those masks laws are NOT about safety but control and politics.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:10 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I don't see anything about eating in the Federal mandate so why are people allowed to be mask free on entire flights because they are eating and drinking?

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/masks...-guidance.html

On my last flight to Vegas the snack cart immediately came out and did a pass followed by another pass. Most people were mask free the entire time. Are people going to Vegas special? Two beers or cokes and you are covered the entire flight. Pure comedy.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:04 AM

One of those details people add to a story much too late. Poor implementation or enforcement isn't the same thing as an idiotic rule. If you don't like it, report it to the airline or another entity. Unfortunately, you probably are perfectly okay with mask-less travel.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:21 AM

I have the same mask I've had since day one. The invisible one. I did borrow one for the 10 min I had to have one on for the flight to Vegas. Used the same one for the flight to NYC, Austin, Charlotte, Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Phoenix and even San Fran. NYC was like a five beer/diet coke flight. I had to quit sipping it when it got hot so chucked it and ordered another one.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:24 AM

The airplane version of an Internet tough guy. You are the last person who should be complaining about safety measures.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:31 AM

Learn the "rules" learn how to play the dumb game. Simple. They weren't handing out N95 masks so not seeing how a neck gaiter was solving anything. Peu importe ce que se sera.

Look, another variant.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/new-cov...rent-countries

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 01-25-2022 at 09:42 AM..

Old 01-25-2022, 01:48 PM

13,644 posts, read 9,701,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Look, another variant.
The variants will keep on coming, and every new variant represents new opportunity for variation on "the rules". Our latest state mask mandate was instituted on December 15th, for one month. In early January, or thereabouts, it was extended for one more month... so, until the 15th of February. Anyone here care to bet, that in a week or so, we'll be blessed without another month-long extension? Or perhaps I'm being naive here, and the new variant will grant us a full 90 day extension, without going through the motions of monthly updates?

Last edited by ohio_peasant; 01-25-2022 at 02:48 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 06:23 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's either safe to do it or not. This volleyball approach is ridiculous. Off, on, off, on. What's the use?
These people are not infallible.

For every modification and revision of its guidelines, the CDC, and Dr. Rochelle Walensky (director of the CDC), have taken heat. In May 2021, when vaccination rates were increasing, Walensky recommended that immunized people could stop wearing masks indoors. The decision balanced the science at the time—cases were falling but still far from zero—against the growing backlash from the public about the lack of benefits of vaccination; if getting the shots changed nothing about what they could do safely, then why get vaccinated? Two and a half months later, the CDC went back to urging even vaccinated people to wear masks indoors as a new variant pushed case numbers up again.

The media, politicians and the public demolished the CDC for flip-flopping. “I have spent a lot of time thinking about” the shifting advice, says Walensky. “All of the science in that moment said it was safe to take off your masks if you were vaccinated. We perhaps should have said ‘for now.’ I think that if we had said, ‘Despite the science, you have to keep your masks on,’ we would have lost the trust of people with regard to actually following the science.

https://time.com/6132792/rochelle-wa...9-cdc-profile/

Old 01-25-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
These people are not infallible.

For every modification and revision of its guidelines, the CDC, and Dr. Rochelle Walensky (director of the CDC), have taken heat. In May 2021, when vaccination rates were increasing, Walensky recommended that immunized people could stop wearing masks indoors. The decision balanced the science at the time—cases were falling but still far from zero—against the growing backlash from the public about the lack of benefits of vaccination; if getting the shots changed nothing about what they could do safely, then why get vaccinated? Two and a half months later, the CDC went back to urging even vaccinated people to wear masks indoors as a new variant pushed case numbers up again.

The media, politicians and the public demolished the CDC for flip-flopping. “I have spent a lot of time thinking about” the shifting advice, says Walensky. “All of the science in that moment said it was safe to take off your masks if you were vaccinated. We perhaps should have said ‘for now.’ I think that if we had said, ‘Despite the science, you have to keep your masks on,’ we would have lost the trust of people with regard to actually following the science.

https://time.com/6132792/rochelle-wa...9-cdc-profile/
I'm still questioning why people thinks masks are anything as valuable as the vaccine. They aren't. The numbers have skyrocketed and proves they are worthless. The people catching it now have followed the "rules". Triple vaxxed, masks. Still getting it. If you are vaccinated you shouldn't still be under the terror watch of the current CDC. We've done our part. I'm way over this. The number of dead has fallen off a cliff.

This has turned into some chess game of which politician can claim the lowest numbers. Quit testing if you want low numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California