Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2020, 07:28 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Today I learned from a friend he might be filling a lawsuit against state of California for civil rights violation resulting from ship being refused docking permission.
Oh please. I’m going to file a lawsuit against your friend for violating my civil rights by trying to let infected people loose on the population.

Old 03-08-2020, 07:36 PM

629 posts, read 619,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Today I learned from a friend he might be filling a lawsuit against state of California for civil rights violation resulting from ship being refused docking permission.

You need better friends.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:11 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
California sold itself to the Chinese. Donald Trump must follow FDR's footsteps. Recent arrivals from China must be removed from the populated coastal areas!!!

Old 03-08-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
California sold itself to the Chinese. Donald Trump must follow FDR's footsteps. Recent arrivals from China must be removed from the populated coastal areas!!!
You want internment camps?

Old 03-09-2020, 01:43 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You want internment camps?
Yup. Californians should not pay the price because people in other countries eat cats, dogs, and wild animals. Then they want to come here and cough all over everyone. They need to go. Right now.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Yup. Californians should not pay the price because people in other countries eat cats, dogs, and wild animals. Then they want to come here and cough all over everyone. They need to go. Right now.
Are those strictly coughing tours or do they visit tourist sites?

Old 03-09-2020, 10:36 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
I need more popcorn to continue to watch the "chicken littles" of the world going nuts over a virus that is at best about on par with the typical viruses that hit us each year. Welcome the crud leftist news doing their thing as their buddy ole George Soros continues to write his fat checks to promote mayhem. So very typical of the nervous nellies all over the place going nuts over this media circus. I'm thrilled however that the OPEC jerks are taking it in the hind end finally. Especially Russia. Maybe we'll finally get some cheap gas once again. Won't you folks in Cali love that? You've been taking it over the you know what for so very long. It would be nice to see $2.00 gas again no?

Old 03-09-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I need more popcorn to continue to watch the "chicken littles" of the world going nuts over a virus that is at best about on par with the typical viruses that hit us each year. Welcome the crud leftist news doing their thing as their buddy ole George Soros continues to write his fat checks to promote mayhem. So very typical of the nervous nellies all over the place going nuts over this media circus. I'm thrilled however that the OPEC jerks are taking it in the hind end finally. Especially Russia. Maybe we'll finally get some cheap gas once again. Won't you folks in Cali love that? You've been taking it over the you know what for so very long. It would be nice to see $2.00 gas again no?
The media is only partly to blame. The real problem are the people who panic and believe the crap the media reports. If they did any kind of basic research they would see this isn’t that worse (if at all) than the flu.

You have the chicken littles of the world hoarding TP and water like this thing has a 95% mortality rate. Things are starting to calm down in the stores and I’m waiting for the right time to buy stocks.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
The media is only partly to blame. The real problem are the people who panic and believe the crap the media reports. If they did any kind of basic research they would see this isn’t that worse (if at all) than the flu.

You have the chicken littles of the world hoarding TP and water like this thing has a 95% mortality rate. Things are starting to calm down in the stores and I’m waiting for the right time to buy stocks.
I do agree with you: it is the panicers and the media. One feeds off the other. Our entire paper this morning was pretty much all about the virus. The first section as well as our local section. I looked at the stock market just a few minutes ago: Holy Cow, can't believe it!!! For those and we are among them, who have money in the cruise industry or the airline industry including reservations companies they are royally getting wipes out and all over a bunch of idiot who are over reacting!!! The travel industry period is being hit hard by this. I am not going to say there is no room for concern, but come on people, what is behind this panic on one knows for sure, but something is. How often have we seen front page articles about people who have been stricken with the flu or names of those who have actually died from it?

Old 03-09-2020, 04:25 PM

228 posts, read 161,934 times
Rural area and masks are sold out from all pharmacies within 100s of miles and online buying in blocked except on Amazon, where they're priced several times more and out of stock anyway. Was able to buy a box of nice disposable respirators from a local non-pharmacy, while waiting for Amazon order....then had to go to the actual pharmacy to get an item and of course someone was walking around there coughing - it was nice to be able to wear a respirator. There're cases in the county but they're not telling which places had been visited by them or even which town these cases had happened in: complete secrecy, the kind that USSR KGB would be envious about... not taking any chances, wearing a respirator mask.
They'd only disclosed (even this info is hard to find) that these cases had been quarantined at home....yeah, just was in the news how one of these "home quarantines" went to a public even in Missouri, after being placed in quarantine...zero trust in their measures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California