Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 03:29 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,507,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The employee who is out and recklessly has caused others to be out is very replaceable.
In the service industry, right now, literally NO employee that can do his/her job is replicable.

Old 12-16-2021, 03:32 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don’t think anyone is going to be digging that deep, it’s not that serious. I don’t see how traveling would get them in trouble either. You really want a COVID Gestapo don’t you?
They probably already have a bunker. I wonder how they get food to the bunker. Maybe leave it out on the porch and they'll spray it down before retrieving it.

The amount of fear is mind blowing.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:44 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They probably already have a bunker. I wonder how they get food to the bunker. Maybe leave it out on the porch and they'll spray it down before retrieving it.

A bunker like some others probably have ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...h=2d15eab64e12

Last edited by tikkasf; 12-16-2021 at 05:07 PM..

Old 12-16-2021, 05:04 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
I think this actually describes the majority of the country, just different thinking in CA, and in particular the Bay Area. I'm the same as you, but not triple-vaxxed yet. Going to wait and see. I don't buy the Pfizer CEO saying the booster offers 25 times more protection to Omicron than 2 doses. Show me the data. Never will happen because data is being hid. Even if it did, and Omicron ends up being less severe, then I doubt I will get the booster. If it's worse, then I likely will get the booster. I don't believe in putting so much medicine in your body in such a short period of time. Oh, and re-jumble the words and it becomes "moronic," which is exactly what this is.

Why no one is discussing therapeutics is beyond me. Everyone bitched and moaned that Trump survived Covid because of Regeneron, but he was special to be able to receive it and others are not so lucky. So, why hasn't anyone been given this in the early stages? My understanding it is somewhat readily available. I know of my 82 year-old mother's friends who got Covid and were given this in FL. She has more of a life there, than I do here.

I'm staunchly anti-mask for vaccinated people. However, when we were in Mex City in July, I wore my mask everywhere since they were required and it's not my country. But, walking around outside in crowded markets I took it off until I went up to a place and ordered. I think most people would do the same thing.
Regeneron is just a brand of monoclonal antibody which are available in most hospitals. Some states, like California, have created infusion clinics to take the load off of hospitals and ER's Anyone over 65 or with pre-existing conditions that put them at risk and presenting with a positive PCR test can get mAb therapy as long as they were not symptomatic for more than 10 days. It works best at 3 days and between 5 and 10 days it's not likely to do much good, after 10 days it's useless. I had it when I had covid, but it was not Regeneron, it was formulated by the hospital.

Old 12-16-2021, 05:16 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:

On the radio the other day they had a guest, an actual doctor I believe, talking about spraying your mask with disinfectant along with double masking of course. I can't believe they are actually back to that crap but maybe it's just the Bay Area that's like that.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:04 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
A bunker like some others probably have ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...h=2d15eab64e12
Something tells me it doesn't rain there much or it would be a serious problem.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:06 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
On the radio the other day they had a guest, an actual doctor I believe, talking about spraying your mask with disinfectant along with double masking of course. I can't believe they are actually back to that crap but maybe it's just the Bay Area that's like that.
When I was in Ca last weekend I had to pick up a mask at Walmart for the airport. . The only one they had was drenched in disinfectant. I almost got woozy breathing that in

Old 12-16-2021, 06:09 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
When I was in Ca last weekend I had to pick up a mask at Walmart for the airport. . The only one they had was drenched in disinfectant. I almost got woozy breathing that in

Gee, I though the idea was a disinfectant, such as Lysol, could perhaps be injected......trying to remember who mentioned that idea.....

Old 12-16-2021, 06:45 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
There is NO place around here with quick, cheap testing. My local place charges fifty a pop and min two day results turn around. If you are flying you have to try and find the same there.

If I remember where you live correctly, the closest place to you is off Ruffin Rd.

It's free. San Diego has decent coverage for testing. This might help if you ever need it. Also SDSU is quick and easy.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:55 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
You consistently underestimate how badly employee shortages can hurt businesses (as part of a willful blindness to negative ramifications of COVID-19). In service-oriented industries, they can easily force places to close.

And yet it's no different for public agencies pushing vaccine mandates that might cause them to have to let 20-30% of their workforce go because of them. I believe you said that it would be easy to replace seasoned first responders on the other thread about the LAPD mandate.

It's strange how you see two very similar things in distinctly different light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California