Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2020, 09:35 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It would be wise to choose something other than AIDS as your comparison, joosoon. The majority of people weren't susceptible to that. Only three ways to contract that and breathing on someone wasn't one of them. Most people weren't afraid of it. This has people very fearful.

The comparison wasn't the virus, it was a reference to the route of transmission. When the mechanisms of how AIDS spread weren't clearly understood, there was a quite a bit of panic including the big question if one could be infected from a toilet seat.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

"These findings also highlight the value of blood donations as a source for conducting SARS-CoV-2 surveillance studies," they said.

Makes me wonder if donated blood is anonymized. If not, I wonder if the people whose sample showed antibodies would be contacted to do further testing. I thought I had read that the window for antigen testing was too small to be reliable for cases that old, but I'm guessing stored blood is different.

Old 12-01-2020, 10:56 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The comparison wasn't the virus, it was a reference to the route of transmission. When the mechanisms of how AIDS spread weren't clearly understood, there was a quite a bit of panic including the big question if one could be infected from a toilet seat.
Okay, got it. Yes, I recall the whole contaminated toilet seat theory. Sure did give a boost to the healthcare products industry that supplied seat covers, though, didn't it?

Old 12-01-2020, 11:01 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
Great one!
I tried. Honestly. I did. I tried not to watch it but it was like being sucked into a vortex.

Old 12-02-2020, 12:14 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Source?

It doesn't make any sense that Newsom filed a lengthy appeal to the emergency act lawsuit and went crying to the courts to put the injunction on hold if he had some plan to lift it in December. So go ahead and post something credible to support this claim of yours, please.
Why do you waste my time on this?
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...ome-order.aspx

If you want to split hairs and attribute it to the health department, you know that order wouldn't have been enacted if he had opposed it and he of course announced it himself.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:10 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
"These findings also highlight the value of blood donations as a source for conducting SARS-CoV-2 surveillance studies," they said.

Makes me wonder if donated blood is anonymized. If not, I wonder if the people whose sample showed antibodies would be contacted to do further testing.
And since apparently people think it's so humorous to give fake names and numbers, contact tracing is most likely futile.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:33 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm not at all sure that the increase in cases in SoCal is because "people are staying inside." It may be true elsewhere but we are not having what anyone would call winter weather...

So what is causing the increase in cases here; I don't think it's cold weather.
Could also be due to asymptomatic transmission.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-1595_article

Old 12-02-2020, 07:43 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerT55 View Post
People are such freaking lemmings.

Newsom and SF mayor Breed go dine at the French Laundry. LA Supervisor Kuehl warns everyone about restaurants, votes to ban dining and immediately goes out to dine at a restaurant, Pelosi gets her hair done against restrictions and everyone else is supposed to obey?

If anyone thinks this is the first time these people have done this, they’re dumber than I thought. And to all of you that say two wrongs don’t make a right or we have to follow restrictions even if they don’t, you’re an idiot.

They make these rules, break them and laugh behind your back at how stupid you are. Most people aren’t going to follow these restrictions much longer. Time to start ignoring the politicians who couldn’t care less about the people.
Or .... time to start ignoring ignorant, anonymous armchair analysts / internet trolls.

Old 12-02-2020, 08:43 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Could also be due to asymptomatic transmission.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-1595_article
Why would that be any worse now than before?

Old 12-02-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

That's not the same thing as the color code scheme which is what I was talking about and even linked to a direct quote of Newsom explaining why there was no "green" level in it. There is no date on when that or the entire emergency act order will expire which is at the heart of the lawsuit (something you already admitted you don't pay attention to). So why do you waste time on these trivial things to deflect from all that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California