Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 02:45 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I just got back from going out to pick up something for lunch. Have you ever gone out at Easter or Christmas when many stores are closed or everyone is home? It feels like that.

I got take out at one place and went into a subway for a slider. They have chairs set up as a barrier so you can’t approach the counter. At the height of lunch there were 4 customers. Granted it’s subway, but still seems empty.

You ordered and they basically threw your sandwich onto a table close to the customer and away from them. One elderly woman (probably 80’s) tried to pay with cash and they had a small fit. Everywhere is card only. Maybe because money is dirty? The woman got her sandwich and sat down to eat. They were all over her about carry out and told her she couldn’t dine in. She seemed oblivious to what was going on.

One of the subway workers looked absolutely terrified about being there. The people at my other sandwich place were apologetic and said they had a reduced staff.
Holy cow! FFS, Sub-dinks, let the old lady eat her sandwich. It's probably the only thing that brings her some peace at her advanced age.

A sandwich artist (lol) looked terrified to be there? Mission accomplished, media outlets!

I was at Wal-spurt this morning. Apart from bare shelves for processed meats, butt paper, dairy (NO eggs) and, to my chagrin, no canned soups (not a one), it wasn't much different from the usual Wal-walk. I saw a mask here and there. Nobody was sidestepping each other with that "get away from me!" vibe. More than anything, I wanted to buy soups and tuna, but I missed the boat. Today, anyway.

Quote:
I drank some water at work and swallowed wrong. That caused me to cough. The reaction around me was the same as if I stood up, yelled that I had Corona and started coughing on people. Holy smokes people, relax!
That sucks. It makes me want to do it on purpose, for laughs.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:07 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Holy cow! FFS, Sub-dinks, let the old lady eat her sandwich. It's probably the only thing that brings her some peace at her advanced age.

A sandwich artist (lol) looked terrified to be there? Mission accomplished, media outlets!

I was at Wal-spurt this morning. Apart from bare shelves for processed meats, butt paper, dairy (NO eggs) and, to my chagrin, no canned soups (not a one), it wasn't much different from the usual Wal-walk. I saw a mask here and there. Nobody was sidestepping each other with that "get away from me!" vibe. More than anything, I wanted to buy soups and tuna, but I missed the boat. Today, anyway.

That sucks. It makes me want to do it on purpose, for laughs.
You made me think of a scene from Ghost with Patrick Swayze. He gets in a crowded elevator with his friend, fakes coughing while telling his friend how contagious he is. Today, you might get shot.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:40 PM

228 posts, read 161,911 times
People going out to buy something for lunch (and from fast food restaurants no less, multiple ones)?

Insisting on eating-in? While infecting the workers of course.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Egotistical nation, truly bizarre and sick in the head people. Let everyone die or suffer so that I can have my sandwich. (why would someone eat that crap anyway). There will be consequences.
Really, seems like need shelter-in-place orders or these reckless nuts will spread disease since persuasion by anyone doesn't work on them.

I bet things are so bad that people no longer know how to make own sandwich or cook...lost all self-preservation instincts, common sense, etc. This is what happens when multiple generations grow inside safety bubble.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:57 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Did you act this way during H1N1? Did you risk mad cow disease and enjoy a beef burger?

Old 03-17-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen10 View Post
People going out to buy something for lunch (and from fast food restaurants no less, multiple ones)?

Insisting on eating-in? While infecting the workers of course.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Egotistical nation, truly bizarre and sick in the head people. Let everyone die or suffer so that I can have my sandwich. (why would someone eat that crap anyway). There will be consequences.
Really, seems like need shelter-in-place orders or these reckless nuts will spread disease since persuasion by anyone doesn't work on them.

I bet things are so bad that people no longer know how to make own sandwich or cook...lost all self-preservation instincts, common sense, etc. This is what happens when multiple generations grow inside safety bubble.
When I first read the post, I thought it was sarcasm. Then I saw who the poster was. What’s sick in the head is being too scared to go outside. The first part of your post doesn’t even make sense.

Guess what? I’ll be going out often. And I’m not the only one. The traffic is lighter, not too many people in line, good food to find as I’m out and about breathing the fresh air.

Stay at home, you hear? It’s no place for frightened people. And even if there’s a shelter in place order, I’m still going out. I’ll go out to shop, to eat and to just be out.

Have a good day! I know I will as I’m out and about tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:04 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Did you act this way during H1N1? Did you risk mad cow disease and enjoy a beef burger?
You can't compare H1N1 to covid19. It's completely different virus. If you got sick with H1N1 you had much higher chances of dying even if you were young. That is not case with Covid19.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:24 PM

456 posts, read 239,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
You can't compare H1N1 to covid19. It's completely different virus. If you got sick with H1N1 you had much higher chances of dying even if you were young. That is not case with Covid19.
Agree. There will be may people who get Covid 19, don't realize it, do nothing, and will be over it within a week or so. This is being way blown out of proportion.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
Agree. There will be may people who get Covid 19, don't realize it, do nothing, and will be over it within a week or so. This is being way blown out of proportion.
We agree on this.

Going out to eat also helps the local businesses that are getting hit due to an extreme over reaction and fearfulness of people like certain posters.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:30 PM

456 posts, read 239,970 times
Quote:
We agree on this.

Going out to eat also helps the local businesses that are getting hit due to an extreme over reaction and fearfulness of people like certain posters.
Went out today and ate out. IF I get it, I get it. I have had the flu, bad colds, etc. If it is my time then it is my time.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
With all the new cases now in the US, the fatality rate likely will continue to decline and is 1.7% based on current cases.
The below stats from the 2009 H1N1 virus are nothing to "sneeze" at. There were no shutdowns, other than some school districts that had swine flu cases since younger kids were more susceptible to it.

Early estimates on the fatality rate for H1N1 were much higher than the roughly 0.01 to 0.03 percent it turned out to be. Still, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that H1N1 killed 12,469 people in the United States during that first-year period from 2009 to 2010, infected 60.8 million cases and caused 274,304 hospitalizations.

Right now, there's only 198,255 Covid19 cases and 7,976 deaths worldwide. Sure, hope these shutdowns are worth potentially causing a severe recession. That's all I got to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California