Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2020, 08:13 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times

Advertisements

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpYq9rgg3w

Old 03-11-2020, 08:21 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
The NY Times is offering free access to the latest on the Coronavirus.

https://www.nytimes.com/
Quote:
Free Access to Coronavirus Coverage
The New York Times is providing free access to our most important updates and most useful guidance on the global coronavirus crisis.
Try this link if the first one doesn't work:
https://www.nytimes.com/news-event/c...gtype=Homepage

Last edited by pacific2; 03-11-2020 at 08:34 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 08:32 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Gary Null offers evidence-based tips in a podcast on how to strengthen one's immune system against respiratory illnesses.

https://prn.fm/gary-null-show-can-na...irus-03-10-20/

Quote:
The Gary Null Show – Can Natural Botanical Herbs and Supplements Impact Coronavirus? – 03.10.20
Can Natural Botanical Herbs and Supplements Impact Coronavirus?

A Scientific Look at Botanical Plants and Supplements Against Coronavirus

Richard Gale and Gary Null PhD

Progressive Radio Network, March 10, 2020

In recent weeks, the coronavirus pandemic has dominated the news at the expense of everything else that is critical and urgent in our lives. As panic increases and more cases are reported daily, health-minded people are eager or even desperate to know whether there are ways to strengthen the body’s immune system to offer some protection from this specific upper respiratory infection.

There are six known strains of coronavirus, four which are associated with the common cold or moderate respiratory infections. Everyone has likely had a coronavirus infection at some time in their lives. However, two strains — Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome or SARS and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) — are much more severe. Between the years 2002-2004 and 2014-2018 these strains respectively were observed to be lethal. However, during this periods, total deaths were less than one thousand. SARS has the ability to infect the lower respiratory system as well. The current strain being called Cov19 is a new mutation that is being recognized as a novel SARS. As of this writing, the current coronvirus has been attributed to over 4,000 deaths, the large majority among the elderly. In a recent press conference the Surgeon General remarked that the average age of deaths was 80.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:32 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
What am I supposed to do with all this toilet paper? I rented a couple of U-Haul trucks and purchased all the toilet paper they had to sell at my local Costco. So am I supposed to build a toilet paper wall around my home so the germs bounce off or something? And, if I squeeze the Charmin (don't tell Mr. Wipple), does that decrease its effectiveness in stopping the Coronavirus?

Old 03-11-2020, 10:22 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen10 View Post
Just a flu, bro, just a flu....

So in Italy, they're getting ready to stop admitting elderly into ICU - not just coronavirus-infected elderly, but all, sick for any reason.

Around 10 per cent of coronavirus cases in Italy have so far developed serious complications, they note, requiring extensive treatment with ventilators which are in short supply.
In the event that they run out, SAARI says: 'It may be necessary to place an age limit on admission to intensive care.
'This is not a value judgment but a way to provide extremely scarce resources to those who have the highest likelihood of survival and could enjoy the largest number of life-years saved.'

Awesome, civilization at it's truest - the younger are going to be more careless, and people will keep bringing their un-masked coughing unhygienic children to public places like stores (because children are least likely to suffer, so who cares about those they're going to infect) and they will be infecting older people (children're the ones who're most likely to be asymptomatic carriers spreading it around) - but the ones who won't be getting ICU admission and the ventilator will be the elderly (and I suspect all more vulnerable in general, their "prioritization" I'm sure will take into account other other medical conditions). Things are starting to sound like Holocaust.
In the meanwhile in Oregon, they have a school student test positive for coronavirus...and they decide not to close the school.

Viva respirators, make sure you get N95 not just a medical mask.
Hospitals in Italy suck. When I was a nurse I heard horror stories. One patient told me when she went to one to give birth she had to bring her own toilet paper. USA hospitals are leaps and bounds better

Old 03-12-2020, 12:11 AM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
What am I supposed to do with all this toilet paper? I rented a couple of U-Haul trucks and purchased all the toilet paper they had to sell at my local Costco. So am I supposed to build a toilet paper wall around my home so the germs bounce off or something? And, if I squeeze the Charmin (don't tell Mr. Wipple), does that decrease its effectiveness in stopping the Coronavirus?
I know you were just trying to save your own a*ss buying all that TP, maybe you can make masks out of the rest of it and sell them on Ebay?

Old 03-12-2020, 05:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Just save it for a few years until the named virus appears on the scene and it will. We all know there is a new one about every 2 or so years. If it isn't a virus is something causing food poisoning. How did we all survive before 24/7 news? I was playing bridge yesterday and one of the gals said, she thought the common cup used in Catholic and a few other churches should be outlawed. She didn't mean not to use right now but ever. She also didn't think the priest or pastor should ever handle the wafer because he/she may germs. I am still wondering how we are supposed to get the wafer unless it is handed to us. If it left to us to take one off the plate wouldn't that also spread germs?

Old 03-12-2020, 06:13 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
You should go into business with this family. You could make a killing, excuse the expression.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...ase-2020-3/amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just save it for a few years until the named virus appears on the scene and it will. We all know there is a new one about every 2 or so years. If it isn't a virus is something causing food poisoning. How did we all survive before 24/7 news? I was playing bridge yesterday and one of the gals said, she thought the common cup used in Catholic and a few other churches should be outlawed. She didn't mean not to use right now but ever. She also didn't think the priest or pastor should ever handle the wafer because he/she may germs. I am still wondering how we are supposed to get the wafer unless it is handed to us. If it left to us to take one off the plate wouldn't that also spread germs?
Common cup? I had no idea that was done. I don’t think I’d want to do that even before all this nonsense started. In our church, communion is handed out in self contained packets that have the wafer and juice sealed. It’s been like that for years.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:07 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
What am I supposed to do with all this toilet paper? I rented a couple of U-Haul trucks and purchased all the toilet paper they had to sell at my local Costco.
Get with it, Exitus. You're supposed to build a tower of TP in your garage.

We fixate on toilet paper not just for its utilitarian value, but also because accumulating an overload — imagine a tower of toilet paper packages in your garage — provides a reassuring visual cue: You’re equipped for a long quarantine.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...costco-anxiety

Old 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
As I posted the other day in the San Dieogo forum:

I once worked with a fella who told me the following story as true:

A Japanese man we will call ‘Hiroshi’ walked into a company’s men’s room to attend to his business ... my friend said he heard trousers drop ... followed immediately by a forceful, single-utterance expression of effort such as might be heard coming from a karate practitioner executing a challenging stance. Trousers then smartly raised once more ... toilet flushed ... and Hirosi emerges from stall to walk to exit door.

My friend says he hailed Hiroshi and said: “Hiroshi, that was amazing: but you didn’t even take time to wipe!”

To which Hiroshi replied as if military instruction: “Aaah, ifa you eat plahper diet? No needa to wipe messy butt!”

So much for tp, eh? You are what you eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California