Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 09:41 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Even SDSU with their phony date about when they can unmask isn't doing testing because no one is now catching it. They just refuse to admit they were wrong and will force the masks on students even though the teachers get a pass.

Instructional faculty, teaching assistants and interpreters who are fully up to date with their vaccinations can remove their facial coverings when teaching as long as students are masked in the classroom.

https://sacd.sdsu.edu/student-health...ral-prevention

What I wonder is who is pushing this still, especially since policies are so hit or miss at the post-secondary school level. Is it maybe an insurance or liability thing? I mean, who's going to sue over a covid outbreak at this point? Or rather, who's going to be able to successfully sue at this point? It's as if this is all a lot of CYA over nothing.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:45 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Well, that is the claim and to a degree it's true. I've somehow remained covid-free throughout all this, with weekly testing to confirm it. That's also in spite of countless close contact and exposure notices that the school district I work for diligently tracks. If I was going to get it, I'm pretty sure I would've by now considering those odds. That's not empirical data but it's a good case study, for me at least. My guess is the mechanics of susceptibility to the virus aren't as binary as vaccinated/unvaccinated. It's more multi-factor than that. And fwiw, the possibility of breakthrough cases was always on the table, even prior to development of the vaccines.
And when I finally, officially got it over Labor Day weekend, it was totally asymptomatic. I may have had it in February 2020 and I am twice vaxxed, twice boosted.
Quote:
That all aside, I see it as a good thing regardless of the reason Canada presented, that they and other countries which imposed strict measures are scaling them back. The national vaccination rate in Canada isn't that much higher than it is here. Plus, I'm fairly confident that viruses don't respect international borders anyway.
I thought the virus checked in with Border Control and Customs </joking?
Quote:
tl;dr --- The developed world is moving on from covid.
Thank G-d it has. You can only perpetuate a farce so long.

Old 09-30-2022, 01:21 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Well, that is the claim and to a degree it's true. I've somehow remained covid-free throughout all this, with weekly testing to confirm it. That's also in spite of countless close contact and exposure notices that the school district I work for diligently tracks. If I was going to get it, I'm pretty sure I would've by now considering those odds. That's not empirical data but it's a good case study, for me at least. My guess is the mechanics of susceptibility to the virus aren't as binary as vaccinated/unvaccinated. It's more multi-factor than that. And fwiw, the possibility of breakthrough cases was always on the table, even prior to development of the vaccines.

That all aside, I see it as a good thing regardless of the reason Canada presented, that they and other countries which imposed strict measures are scaling them back. The national vaccination rate in Canada isn't that much higher than it is here. Plus, I'm fairly confident that viruses don't respect international borders anyway.

tl;dr --- The developed world is moving on from covid.
The vaccine trials were conducted to make products look better than they are. For example, they excluded people who were likely to not get a good immune response. Now it's time to do a meta-study to see what works best for elderly people, for example. People who have been dutifully vaccinated and boosted and got the hoped-for immune response and didn't negate that by "just living life" as though the virus doesn't exist probably haven't gotten infected.

Old 09-30-2022, 02:10 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Thank G-d it has. You can only perpetuate a farce so long.
Who's "perpetuating a farce"?

Old 09-30-2022, 02:24 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Who's "perpetuating a farce"?
Where do you want me to start?

Old 09-30-2022, 03:21 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
Hi goodheathen,
Do you have any links that can confirm or talk about that they were trying to make the products look better than they are?
Thanks.

Old 09-30-2022, 04:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Hi goodheathen,
Do you have any links that can confirm or talk about that they were trying to make the products look better than they are?
Thanks.
Of course I have no source to confirm that. But it's standard behavior by manufacturers and advertisers.

There was a long British Medical Journal opinion piece over a year ago that cast doubt on the quality of the vaccines, and it's not the only BMJ paper to question vaccine studies.

Old 09-30-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Where do you want me to start?
Where you live. Thoughts? https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...vels-rise.html

Old 09-30-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The vaccine trials were conducted to make products look better than they are.
It was fairly clear from the clinical trials that the vaccines weren't perfect.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01092-3

Old 09-30-2022, 05:14 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
What I wonder is who is pushing this still, especially since policies are so hit or miss at the post-secondary school level. Is it maybe an insurance or liability thing? I mean, who's going to sue over a covid outbreak at this point? Or rather, who's going to be able to successfully sue at this point? It's as if this is all a lot of CYA over nothing.
The office of San Diego State President Adela de la Torre

Thinks he knows more than the cdc and Fauci.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California