Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 10:43 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
I know, I know, what about Long Covid. What about it? Thought the vax was supposed to lessen the likelihood of Long Covid.
Apparently it does.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2022...Horwitz%20says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...covid-vaccines

Old 09-28-2022, 10:59 AM

382 posts, read 179,624 times
Again, is it the vaccines or the fact that Omicron is less serious? Until I see the data I mentioned, I don't believe anything. This below doesn't prove anything to me. It may, might, could, etc.

Some long COVID patients have said they got better after they get boosted, while some say they're getting worse, says Horwitz, who is also a lead investigator at the National Institutes of Health’s flagship RECOVER program, a 4-year research project to study long COVID across the U.S. (The NIH is still recruiting volunteers for these studies, which are also open to people who have never had COVID.)

Old 09-28-2022, 12:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Again, is it the vaccines or the fact that Omicron is less serious? Until I see the data I mentioned, I don't believe anything. This below doesn't prove anything to me. It may, might, could, etc.

Some long COVID patients have said they got better after they get boosted, while some say they're getting worse, says Horwitz, who is also a lead investigator at the National Institutes of Health’s flagship RECOVER program, a 4-year research project to study long COVID across the U.S. (The NIH is still recruiting volunteers for these studies, which are also open to people who have never had COVID.)
Not interested in the words of people who put anecdote over science. Some or most of those studies predate Omicron and indicate that the vaccine reduced a little or moderately the chance of Long-Covid. It's logical to assume a similar protective effect with Omicron.

Old 09-28-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile, the idiot health officials here continue to want to get kids vaccinated. Denmark has it right, and I'm sure there are other countries following this, but not in this great state and country. They just continue the lies..

Vaccination of children against covid-19
Children and adolescents rarely become severely ill from the Omicron variant of covid-19.

From 1 July 2022, it was no longer possible for children and adolescents aged under 18 to get the first injection and, from 1 September 2022, it was no longer possible for them to get the second injection.

A very limited number of children at particularly higher risk of becoming severely ill will still be offered vaccination based on an individual assessment by a doctor.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...m%20covid%2D19.
Plenty of kids are developing post-Covid problems (including brain fog, fatigue, and diabetes), not as severe as adults but gambling on the health of a future generation is stupid. No age group is built to withstand frequent infections from a pathogen that isn't mild.

Also, with schools basically unprotected, they're a major source of community spread.

The problem with vaccinating kids isn't safety risk to them, it's that for some or most age groups of minors, the vaccines so far appear to be mostly ineffective. That probably is because drug companies are scared of hurting kids with their vaccines and have made them too weak, and society is ignoring that because it wants to pretend that kids can easily be safe in schools. Unless the coming Omicron vaccines for children work well, the only sensible options are remote learning (maybe with occasional in-person, small-group learning), home-schooling, or (unpopular with most) boarding schools on near-lockdown.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:25 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I got really sick for about 24 hours after my second shot.
I felt so so ok then about 10-12 hours later I was a mess for 24 hours.

I’m glad that I don’t have any lingering conditions like some people.

I got Covid version 1.0 and omicron.
Version 1.0 was tough.
So tough that I can easily see that lots of older people and people with comorbidities died with and from it.

The shots never did anything positive for me like I was lead to believe.
I’m sorry I took the shots.
For me it was a risk that wasn’t worth taking.

People say that the shot lessens the effect that the virus has on you.
That in my opinion is pure BS.
The virus is having less effect on you because it is weakening not because of those sketchy shots.

Funny how now these lies are starting to get untangled.
There is even a bunch of truth to these “conspiracy” theories that people were once ridiculed and punished for.
In June 2021 I got the J&j vax and it laid me out for 2 days. Never again..I don’t even like the flu shot. I think that people that are lining up for the 5th worthless, harmful vax now are bonkers

Old 09-28-2022, 01:35 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
In June 2021 I got the J&j vax and it laid me out for 2 days. Never again..I don’t even like the flu shot. I think that people that are lining up for the 5th worthless, harmful vax now are bonkers
Ya, hard pass for me. No more. We don't even know if all of these side effects are from covid or the vaccine since so many had covid and were vaccinated.

Old 09-28-2022, 02:43 PM

382 posts, read 179,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Plenty of kids are developing post-Covid problems (including brain fog, fatigue, and diabetes), not as severe as adults but gambling on the health of a future generation is stupid. No age group is built to withstand frequent infections from a pathogen that isn't mild.

Also, with schools basically unprotected, they're a major source of community spread.

The problem with vaccinating kids isn't safety risk to them, it's that for some or most age groups of minors, the vaccines so far appear to be mostly ineffective. That probably is because drug companies are scared of hurting kids with their vaccines and have made them too weak, and society is ignoring that because it wants to pretend that kids can easily be safe in schools. Unless the coming Omicron vaccines for children work well, the only sensible options are remote learning (maybe with occasional in-person, small-group learning), home-schooling, or (unpopular with most) boarding schools on near-lockdown.
Big yawn. My wife has been back teaching with no mask since Aug. She hasn't had one kid out of 30 or so test positive and miss school. Keep up the anecdotes though. Blah, blah, blah.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Big yawn. My wife has been back teaching with no mask since Aug. She hasn't had one kid out of 30 or so test positive and miss school. Keep up the anecdotes though. Blah, blah, blah.
I assume that's one of the many scamming school districts that hides cases by not regularly testing anymore.

Old 09-28-2022, 04:57 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,077,727 times
The news today said that Canada no longer requires that you have to prove you got the covid shot for entry into their country.
This is huge being that Canada is a leftist country that took these restrictions seriously.
This is huge for us as well since I married into a large Canadian family and have a place near the boarder.
I’m not knocking Canada.
It is what it is and I like it and their people a lot.
Enough to get married to one any ways .

Old 09-28-2022, 08:00 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
The news today said that Canada no longer requires that you have to prove you got the covid shot for entry into their country.
This is huge being that Canada is a leftist country that took these restrictions seriously.
I agree that is huge. Earlier this year, you couldn't enter Canada without proof. Look at what they did to the truck drivers. Restricting them from traveling over the border until they proved they were vaccinated. Loads of shipments being held up and remember the trucker caravan protesting it?

Wow. Maybe sanity is finally returning to the masses. Well, most anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California