Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2022, 10:56 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times

Advertisements

The source is me,
I know kids that stayed home for 2 years that are not where they need to properly compete with others in the workforce which is becoming very global.
That needs to be cleaned up.
I also know people that took a financial hit and can’t afford to retire.
I also know people that now are having a harder time buying houses because the interest rates are climbing.
They are getting less for their hard earned dollar.
There are still a lot of empty storefronts in strip malls due to bad policies.
These items need to be cleaned up.

Jeesh,
Talk about people not understanding the real world .

It’s ok once the adults are back in charge things will get better .

Old 10-02-2022, 10:56 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's malfeasance because manufacturers presented a product as quite good when they should have known and maybe had evidence pre-approval that it would not work more than slightly effectively for long. In a society that values honesty...
"For SARS-CoV-2, there are four main goals of vaccination: protection from acquisition of infection; prevention of transmission; protection from severe disease; and prevention of Long Covid. When vaccines were initially rolled out, the early high NAb titers following immunization led to hopes that the vaccines would largely block infection and transmission. However, two issues have emerged that question whether these goals are still achievable with current vaccines. The high NAb titers observed at peak immunity several weeks after messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccination wane rapidly and substantially, often within 4 to 6 months...

Additionally, SARS-CoV-2 variants such as Omicron show increased transmissibility and substantial escape from NAb responses, both of which reduce the ability of vaccine-induced NAbs to block infection..."

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.add2897

Last edited by Yac; 10-02-2022 at 10:15 PM..

Old 10-02-2022, 11:13 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
"For SARS-CoV-2, there are four main goals of vaccination: protection from acquisition of infection; prevention of transmission; protection from severe disease; and prevention of Long Covid. When vaccines were initially rolled out, the early high NAb titers following immunization led to hopes that the vaccines would largely block infection and transmission. However, two issues have emerged that question whether these goals are still achievable with current vaccines. The high NAb titers observed at peak immunity several weeks after messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccination wane rapidly and substantially, often within 4 to 6 months...

Additionally, SARS-CoV-2 variants such as Omicron show increased transmissibility and substantial escape from NAb responses, both of which reduce the ability of vaccine-induced NAbs to block infection..."

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.add2897
Your point?

Please answer the question - is it possible there was malfeasance by vaccine makers?

Last edited by Yac; 10-02-2022 at 10:15 PM..

Old 10-02-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
The source is me,
I know kids that stayed home for 2 years that are not where they need to properly compete with others in the workforce which is becoming very global.
That needs to be cleaned up.
I also know people that took a financial hit and can’t afford to retire.
I also know people that now are having a harder time buying houses because the interest rates are climbing.
They are getting less for their hard earned dollar.
There are still a lot of empty storefronts in strip malls due to bad policies.
These items need to be cleaned up.

Jeesh,
Talk about people not understanding the real world .

It’s ok once the adults are back in charge things will get better .
Most or all of that would have happened regardless of the government's type of response, because widespread severe disease disrupts economies. The point you and others are missing and refusing to see in economic publications is that cannot abate much during uncontrolled spread, even if the virus is less harmful to individuals.

Old 10-02-2022, 12:07 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Our Government caused this and it's much worse now. This was not even one year.

Nearly 100,000 establishments that temporarily shut down due to the pandemic are now out of business

https://fortune.com/2020/09/28/covid...t-down-closed/

Old 10-02-2022, 09:11 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nearly 100,000 establishments that temporarily shut down due to the pandemic are now out of business
How many would have shut own because the owners and employees were sick or dead from the virus? My younger son's primary care doc caught the virus and almost died, on a vent for weeks last year. He is still unable to work.

Old 10-02-2022, 09:32 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
I wager less would have shut down and went bankrupt from illness.
Shutting them down for this long is what killed those businesses.
These businesses were not bankrupted because they were sick.
They went into bankruptcy due to bad policies.

It is just downright scary that there are people that still favor shutdowns.
It is sick actually.

Old 10-02-2022, 09:50 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How many would have shut own because the owners and employees were sick or dead from the virus? My younger son's primary care doc caught the virus and almost died, on a vent for weeks last year. He is still unable to work.
What aboutism. What we know as FACT is what actually happened. We, as in the Govt, created this.

Maybe, might, perhaps, could are not metrics. We have actual data.

I work for a huge company. I know of no one reporting a family member that died FROM covid. Not "with" covid.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, and probably more often businesses that shut down permanently had old owners who were nearing retirement anyway and nearly all businesses that went under due to finances already were having trouble. Some could've been propped up with more effective payments from the government, but some were doomed lockdown or not, even without a pandemic.

Old 10-03-2022, 05:45 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
That's horrible. Hope he does improve in time. Odd how some doctors caught it and others didn't. I expected my doctor to catch the virus, being that he's in his mid 70's but he never did. I was shocked. Some do get sick while others don't. It's not fair to say that every business closed due to your reasons. Many simply lost customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California