Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,719,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Hey ... you get no argument from me that living rural is much better than the concrete jungle. For me, the job is in the jungle but thankfully it is close to the ocean that helps keep my sanity ... one of the reason's I like boating is I can escape although temporarily ...

When I pack-up and leave California is will be for a rural environment. I'm looking for a place, a ranch, on a lake or river ... with a dock ... where I can enjoy my retirement years.
Anyway I can help? I know that Yeahthatguy plans to move to central Florida,, lots of lakes, rivers, docks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 09:08 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,935,800 times
Quote:
Well ... now I know you are full of it. You are actually trying to say "business as usual" in California and its been that way "since the beginning of history". You ... my friend are out of touch ... and need to take the van you live in down for a spin in California's major cities. Stop by Sacramento and speak to some of elected politicians ... California is in a death spiral .... you know it ... I know it ... and the screwed up politicians know it.

Cali to Business: Get Out!

From a liberal news source:
California demographic shift: More people leaving than moving in

The proportion of Californians who had moved here from out of state reached a 100-year low of about 20% in 2010, and the decade measured by the most recent census was the first in a century in which the majority of Californians were native-born.

The demographics of California today more closely resemble those of 1900 than of 1950: It is a mostly home-grown population, whose future depends on the children of immigrants and their children, said William Frey, a demographer and senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

"We used to say California, here we come," said Frey. "That now has flipped."
No, Don ... as I said: it is baffling to me that you are an engineer, of any kind. How can you be so utterly, consistently lacking in attention to detail and analysis? I didn't say California is "business as usual" ... I said -- read carefully now -- your claim of a mass business exodus due to a state anti-business agenda / climate, is unsubstantiated by your source and your rhetoric. Nothing -- I repeat: NOTHING -- contained in any statement you have made, nor in the article you quoted, actually demonstrates your claim as valid. If you have a "gut feeling" by all means express it as just that ... OR back it up ... we'd all be interested to KNOW FACTS.

And no, I DON'T know that "California is in a death spiral" ... I don't agree in the slightest ... prove it, or simply state that you "feel" it is in a death spiral. California has proven itself for well over 100 years to be an unparalleled destination for lifestyle seekers, agricultural developers and farmers, business leaders, many of the very best educational institutions, many of the world's top investment venture capital firms and managers, some of the nation's finest medical facilities -- etc. That's not going to end because of a national recession and subsequent period of market correction. Unfortunately, the state will continue to suffer the assault that has built it to its legend.

And finally, bub, your addendum of "... More people moving out than in" is yet another contribution from you that has nothing to do with substantiating your claim of a statewide anti-business climate. Prove that more businesses are moving en masse out of California because of an anti-business climate -- than are moving in or starting up.

I do hope you check your engineering specifications for validity better than you throw around negative California opinions.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:33 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,955,407 times
Someone had been writing whole e-books of nonsense.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:46 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,178,099 times
CA has had commie nut jobs threatening state's economy for some 40+yrs...much like NYC or MI

Unlike 40yrs ago, many of wealthiest in world today are software engineers and entrepreneurs who choose to live and work in CA, not TX nor anywhere else, no matter allegedly lower taxes/regs/COL

And many oil&gas billionaires from TX choose to have their wkend homes on LA's Westside or NwptCst...funny how coastal CA's weather/lifestyle is addictive to anyone w/money

Life is simply too short to live where one may find nominally lower taxes or COL (which is a moving target in itself), amidst ex-CA heat/humidity or cold/slush or crappy terrain/local produce...and coastal CA is a hell of a lot cheaper than NYC with its wonderfully OH/MI-like weather and local produce....

Old 12-26-2011, 10:00 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,990,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Anyway I can help? I know that Yeahthatguy plans to move to central Florida,, lots of lakes, rivers, docks,
Yes, there is something you can do to help. You can help the California citizens that don't plan to leave California. You can help them and their future by not propagating the California progressive liberal propaganda. You can help by not turning a blind eye to political corruption that is killing this state.

I grew up in California and always thought it was the best state in the country and that I would always stay until the end. This has changed over the past decade as the political corruption and progressive liberal agenda has grown exponentially. It's obvious that the objective in Sacramento is not to fix the problems and lead the state back to recovery. Their actions is the evidence. They are intentionally pushing California over the cliff.

The only hope left is for the citizens to take back California. They need to vote out the corrupt politicians. We need people in Sacramento that love this state and want to see it flourish once again. To do this we need to be honest. We need to stop covering for the corrupt politicians. We need to stop telling people the lies that California is heading in the right direction and businesses and staying and growing. Even if you don't want to vote the corruption out, don't stand in the way of the people that want to try.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Yes, there is something you can do to help. You can help the California citizens that don't plan to leave California. You can help them and their future by not propagating the California progressive liberal propaganda. You can help by not turning a blind eye to political corruption that is killing this state.

I grew up in California and always thought it was the best state in the country and that I would always stay until the end. This has changed over the past decade as the political corruption and progressive liberal agenda has grown exponentially. It's obvious that the objective in Sacramento is not to fix the problems and lead the state back to recovery. Their actions is the evidence. They are intentionally pushing California over the cliff.

The only hope left is for the citizens to take back California. They need to vote out the corrupt politicians. We need people in Sacramento that love this state and want to see it flourish once again. To do this we need to be honest. We need to stop covering for the corrupt politicians. We need to stop telling people the lies that California is heading in the right direction and businesses and staying and growing. Even if you don't want to vote the corruption out, don't stand in the way of the people that want to try.
Now Don, why would those who stand to lose a very great deal kill their golden goose?

Your plea here is noble ... another Serpico attempt to infiltrate and discredit the ultra-right ... good for you Don ... but don't you think you are overdoing it just a little? Kinda obvious, methinks ...

Old 12-26-2011, 10:25 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,990,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Now Don, why would those who stand to lose a very great deal kill their golden goose?

Your plea here is noble ... another Serpico attempt to infiltrate and discredit the ultra-right ... good for you Don ... but don't you think you are overdoing it just a little? Kinda obvious, methinks ...
Nope, it came from the heart and I meant every word.

You know why the corrupt progressive liberal politicians are willing to kill their golden egg. We had this discussion in the past and you seemed to fully understand and agree ... no?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:33 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,060,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

You inspired me to look up Frank Serpico and found that he's alive and kicking. Really kicking!
Official Frank Serpico Blog

Off on a tangent here, but Serpico was a brave soul back in the day. Before my time, but he acted nobly in the face of retribution from corrupt cops.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Nope, it came from the heart and I meant every word.

You know why the corrupt progressive liberal politicians are willing to kill their golden egg. We had this discussion in the past and you seemed to fully understand and agree ... no?
I do recall you and I coming to some terms on some issues ... but I don't think there is a political agenda / conspiracy to kill the goose ... no. I think it is all just a free-for-all out there of personal interests and self-aggrandizement. And the very worst approach to balancing it (it can't be cured -- part of human nature) is the conservative "agenda". Talk about the common man being sold down the river! How these sociopathic individuals who wear their conservative Halloween costume to fool everyday joes into doing their dirty work is a mind-boggling masterpiece of dramatic fiction, Don. Robbing the people who support them and making them think it is for their own good.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
You inspired me to look up Frank Serpico and found that he's alive and kicking. Really kicking!
Official Frank Serpico Blog

Off on a tangent here, but Serpico was a brave soul back in the day. Before my time, but he acted nobly in the face of retribution from corrupt cops.
Frank had a serious pair ... and that was real hair on his arse, too ... no butt toupe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California