Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,476,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
Like previous posters recommended join the military, because you know, there aren't any strings attached to that one
The military doesn't want crazies any more than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 PM

56 posts, read 70,372 times
i suppose all there is: no one wants you ending off better; why would we want to help you?

why not wait to get on add meds after you failing out of college?

Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
The military doesn't want crazies any more than we do.
haha. my point exactly. california has plenty of crazies, though.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:17 PM

how about multiple bachelors? if i do this one, get a horrible gpa in something such as math or physics. then, go back and do a degree and get an excellent gpa in something such a professional field for work down the road, would that in anyway affect me?

yes, i know, the english skills.. please forgive.

idk. survival and money is such an issue for me, and my mental health, right now, i figure just get a degree in something easy, and get out as fast as possible; read about physics and math in my spare time.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:52 PM

281 posts, read 812,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatlifeforme View Post
how about multiple bachelors? if i do this one, get a horrible gpa in something such as math or physics. then, go back and do a degree and get an excellent gpa in something such a professional field for work down the road, would that in anyway affect me?

yes, i know, the english skills.. please forgive.

idk. survival and money is such an issue for me, and my mental health, right now, i figure just get a degree in something easy, and get out as fast as possible; read about physics and math in my spare time.
I would strongly recommend you go get some therapy - a counselor, psychologist, someone who can talk you through things and help you to decipher what you want out of life - and help you deal with the issues you currently have which appear to be fairly extensive. You can't focus, don't know what you want, indicate you have mental health issues as well as some form of chronic pain. None of this = college bound student to me!

I don't think an internet board is capable of that type of therapy and assistance. It doesn't sound to me like you should be considering college right now at all - first get your life put together and then think about the level of committment, time, and money going to college takes. If you are saying everyone around you is not helping/understanding - I do not think a bunch of anonymous strangers are going to be much better.

Get off your PC and go get some real life help - if talking to a family member doesn't work then go see someone professional.

Go talk to someone - and let them refer you to agencies that can help.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBeth View Post
I would strongly recommend you go get some therapy - a counselor, psychologist, someone who can talk you through things and help you to decipher what you want out of life - and help you deal with the issues you currently have which appear to be fairly extensive. You can't focus, don't know what you want, indicate you have mental health issues as well as some form of chronic pain. None of this = college bound student to me!

I don't think an internet board is capable of that type of therapy and assistance. It doesn't sound to me like you should be considering college right now at all - first get your life put together and then think about the level of committment, time, and money going to college takes. If you are saying everyone around you is not helping/understanding - I do not think a bunch of anonymous strangers are going to be much better.

Get off your PC and go get some real life help - if talking to a family member doesn't work then go see someone professional.

Go talk to someone - and let them refer you to agencies that can help.
i have no one to to talk to, and not to be rude to you, josephine, you have no idea what you are talking about. homeless shelters are full, social services can be of no assistance as they believe i am not "legally incompetent."

people want you to go crazy, have you commited so they can appreciate their freedom, put your picture in the news and newspapers so they say how much of a fool you were, why this person is such a bad person; police are waiting to get their next victim so they can be "raped in jail," or so they can get their fine.

no one wants to help a person that feels that way, though; most of the time they say, yeah, pretty much you are right. that's why we all smoke crack, drink alcohol, and commit crimes. how the **** do you people make it through the day.

it's as if the world is hinting at suicide, but i am afraid to do it.

Last edited by whatlifeforme; 07-10-2011 at 06:33 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 06:34 PM

115 posts, read 232,144 times
Dude, look, you have to find the strength and peace and happiness within before you can go out into the world and create a better place. No state is going to wash away your troubles--they all follow you there--trust me, I know. You make the place, the place does not make you. If you can be happy where you are, you can be happy anywhere. I have wanted to move to Southern California for a long time, but haven't. It's always a bunch of "too's": too far, too expensive, too much traffic, too many earthquakes. Now, I would really like to move there with my wife, but we would move with a job in hand and money in the bank. We would move not with the intention of leaving our troubles behind but rather with embarking on a new journey. The funny thing is, even though we are tired of the place we live now, we are still happy. I have a decent job, awesome friends, play in a band, and am close to family. This despite local unemployment being over 15 percent. But, I have a college degree and some skills.

If you are committed to college, that should be your focus now. It will make you a more confident and well-rounded person. It will give you a sense of community and a support structure. And, the skills you develop there might just get you a job that you actually like. To me, it seems clear that the employed of the future NEED an education, unless you want to do jobs you do not like, or have none at all. Getting a bachelor's degree should be your focus first and foremost, and let nothing stand in the way of that. You don't need to move to get a degree, and in fact, moving might stand in the way of that goal. Get your education, get a job, and THEN move to where you want. You'll be glad you did!

Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM

if i had the minutes, i would give someone a call now; of course people on the internet are so ****ing sketch..

Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM

7 posts, read 15,027 times
Well looks as if your out of luck. Your only choice is just to join the military, it seems. They don't care, as long as you don't have an extensive criminal background, they'll take you. You get steady pay, skills, much more. It WILL help you. Just as long as you don't have serious health problems.

If you don't want that, there is help out there, free money for school... you can afford that and housing. You just need to know where to look. You can get scholarships for just about anything.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:00 PM

what is with the ****ing "**** off - you're out of luck" comments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California