Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:29 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,339,889 times

Advertisements

This topic was also posted in the Education forum by another poster.

An Oakland school is teaching elementary aged children about "gender diversity", teaching them about transgenderism and gender identity. It is mandatory as well.

I posted it here to see what you guys all thought about this.

Oakland school's lessons in gender diversity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,323,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
This topic was also posted in the Education forum by another poster.

An Oakland school is teaching elementary aged children about "gender diversity", teaching them about transgenderism and gender identity. It is mandatory as well.

I posted it here to see what you guys all thought about this.

Oakland school's lessons in gender diversity
People can more or less live as they want to.
Regarding the indoctrination of children, I am not for it and I think everything out side of reading, writing, science and English should be left to the parents.
If I find this kind of stuff taught to mine when they get into school I will be sure to let him know the people teaching this stuff are sick in the head and members of the teacher's union (which should be ended).

Old 05-30-2011, 02:45 PM

4,743 posts, read 3,593,767 times
I don't like the either-or stating of the poll. I'm sure there are some people who are okay with gender diversity being taught, but with it starting in middle school when (historically) other lessons on sexuality are taught, rather than in elementary school.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:04 PM

22,106 posts, read 25,519,938 times
Diversity awareness/tolerance does not equal sex ed. I agree, you should not be teaching elementary school aged kids about the specific risks and precautions to take when engaging in anal sex as opposed to vaginal. I'm assuming that isn't what gender diversity is teaching.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:15 PM

315 posts, read 368,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Diversity awareness/tolerance does not equal sex ed. I agree, you should not be teaching elementary school aged kids about the specific risks and precautions to take when engaging in anal sex as opposed to vaginal. I'm assuming that isn't what gender diversity is teaching.
No. It's teaching kids that some people don't fit into the boy/girl mold, either because they like things the opposite gender is 'supposed' to like or because boys can feel like girls, girls can feel like boys, and some kids don't feel like either, and that's all okay.

And frankly I am fine with it, but my opinion may be biased because I was one of those kids.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,096,701 times
No. I'm pretty much for gender segregation with a few exceptions.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:24 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,279,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No. I'm pretty much for gender segregation with a few exceptions.
You want males and females to live separately from each other?

Old 05-30-2011, 04:25 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,339,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You want males and females to live separately from each other?
No, I think he means for schools and classrooms.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:05 PM

22,106 posts, read 25,519,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
No. It's teaching kids that some people don't fit into the boy/girl mold, either because they like things the opposite gender is 'supposed' to like or because boys can feel like girls, girls can feel like boys, and some kids don't feel like either, and that's all okay.

And frankly I am fine with it, but my opinion may be biased because I was one of those kids.
Yeah, that's what I assumed as well. I don't have a problem with it. I'm assuming they teach racial diversity as well. To me its the same thing, basically.

And I had no idea people still advocated separate but equal. Then again, it's the Internet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by Malloric; 05-30-2011 at 05:36 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM

37,217 posts, read 42,504,093 times
The only thing I can say about a 1 hour lesson is that it was a waste of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California