Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 PM

22,105 posts, read 25,525,950 times

Advertisements

Oh, absolutely. You can even lie to your children and tell them homosexuality isn't normal if you want, it's certainly your right. They'll make it to probably 15 or so and figure it out for themselves anyway, regardless of what you permit or don't permit them to be taught as children of your household. Reality has that effect. And, eventually, they'll make their own choice in regards to the morality of it. No small part due to your sense of morality but also as a result of culture, school, their peers, and their life experiences.

I never got the whole natural thing, though. I mean, I've never got a girl pregnant by kissing her. I'm pretty sure its not possible, although being a user of unnatural birth control I could be confused. Does that mean I'm a practicing homosexual? I just don't comprehend the whole if it doesn't result in babies it's not natural argument. It may be a sin and all, but isn't man, by his very nature, predisposed to sin? If not from our own nature where does this propensity to sin come from? Seems natural to me.

As to same-sex animal junk-rubbing, yup, pretty common. Some of them are interesting. Baboons, for example. You know most of their sex is three-somes? Creepy and unnatural, huh? They're also bisexual. Elephants mate very briefly to procreate but have homosexual relationships that last for years. Many species of birds appear to be monogamous but the females, the sly devils that they are, sneak off and get knocked up by flashier birds with better genetics but less suitable fathering temperaments. Really, though, we're people. You wouldn't expect us to act like homosexual Penguin pairs do and substitute an appropriately shaped rock for an egg, would you?

Last edited by Malloric; 05-30-2011 at 08:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 09:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,423,817 times
I'm not really ok with it.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:37 PM

4,743 posts, read 3,594,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Last I checked this is America... It's funny how liberals will rant about freedom and openness but are the first to try to shut someone down when they express conservative beliefs or non-liberal beliefs. I am not a liberal. Nor am I a conservative.. I went through public education and college (masters) .. My parents didn't want me taking sex ed and are quite religious.. They'd dam well not want me taking any course at a young age teaching about someone's personal choice to be a homosexual. I don't hate homosexuals .. I am not one, don't support it, and will do my best to make sure my kids aren't ones and don't support it but I don't hate homosexuals... It's just a lifestyle I don't agree with... and that is my personal and free choice as an American. I am educated, successful, and don't have any kids out of wedlock.

I find liberals oft. time to be the biggest hyprocrits on earth... they talk soo much about their amazing liberal and open beliefs but disagree w/ them and they will try to mandate you take some liberal brainwashing course for you to think differently.. Disagree w/ them and suddenly you hate them and their ideals... Bunch of clowns some of you are sometimes.
This is why I originally said that I didn't like the idea that there were only two choices here. Teaching sexuality in elementary school may be too early. I'm not sure . . . I didn't major in developmental psychology.

The link was put there to show that those who have been in the school systems the longest don't disdain "mainstream" values - - they are the epitome of them. Conservatives and libertarians are convinced that educating is the same as indoctrinating . . . and yet, shockingly, those citizens who've gone through this indoctrination system the longest are not becoming gay, transgendered, etc. What does it say about parents who think that they can't influence their kids with their morals? Just because something is being taught in class doesn't mean that parents can't give their opinions on the subjects as well. If individuals as parents can't overcome public education's "brainwashing", either they need to try harder or go to a schooling system that matches their belief system.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,192,463 times
Public schools are about as useless as public housing or mass transit or gvt workers

Despite us spending 50% or so more per capita on education than Germany or Japan these rug rats struggle with basic math or business English, at least per employers, so the silly social issues crap represents opportunity costs wasted by our overpaid teachers, admins and community organizers

And various nonprofit, taxpayer subsidized religious schools are well known for their pedophile teachers who "teach" gender identity issues in a more practical way....

Any competent parent today likely waits to have kids until can afford a useful education whatever the format....best judge of any education is relevance of the product to any high-paying future employer and one's own sense of skills taught vs self learned, espec in era of net/kindle when much of formal education is just a union card anyway

Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 PM

5,113 posts, read 6,008,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
This is why I originally said that I didn't like the idea that there were only two choices here. Teaching sexuality in elementary school may be too early. I'm not sure . . . I didn't major in developmental psychology.

The link was put there to show that those who have been in the school systems the longest don't disdain "mainstream" values - - they are the epitome of them. Conservatives and libertarians are convinced that educating is the same as indoctrinating . . . and yet, shockingly, those citizens who've gone through this indoctrination system the longest are not becoming gay, transgendered, etc. What does it say about parents who think that they can't influence their kids with their morals? Just because something is being taught in class doesn't mean that parents can't give their opinions on the subjects as well. If individuals as parents can't overcome public education's "brainwashing", either they need to try harder or go to a schooling system that matches their belief system.
Let me guess ... you don't have children (offspring)

What makes me laugh is you it sound like only liberals and or gays go to college

Old 05-30-2011, 10:31 PM

315 posts, read 368,565 times
Quote:
They'd dam well not want me taking any course at a young age teaching about someone's personal choice to be a homosexual. I don't hate homosexuals .. I am not one, don't support it, and will do my best to make sure my kids aren't ones and don't support it but I don't hate homosexuals... It's just a lifestyle I don't agree with... and that is my personal and free choice as an American.
Good news! This course has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:33 PM

315 posts, read 368,565 times
Quote:
Oh really.. tell me what gene/organ exists that allows two males to procreate ...
or two females to rub genitals together and have a kid. Let me know what your research tuns up. There is a straight gene ... it's called a male organ meeting a female organ and allowing offspring to result. In nature, do you see the vast majority of same sex animals rubbing junk together?
I, um...I don't think you understand what a 'gene' is.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:36 PM

204 posts, read 202,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
There's no straight gene, either. Homosexuality has been pervasive through human history and human cultures. I've never been a huge fan of pretending reality doesn't exist because it offends some people. All these non-natural forms of sex such fellatio predate the Jebus Book. I don't think that showing pictures of a man sucking another man off while getting sodomized in art work dating back 2,600 years is the best way to go about teaching that homosexuality is a normal part of human history to a ten year old. Diversity awareness seems much more appropriate than teaching uncensored history.
Because the behavior of homosexuality has been evident for a long period of time, is neither a reason to accomodate homosexuals, nor is it acceptable justification to consider the behavior normal. Some of us realize that the obvious trend with homosexual activists has been, that once a foothold is gained in a particular area of society, there are always plans to gain more ground.

Kevin Jennings, a ridiculously poor choice by the Obama administration, under the guise of school safety, has labored feverishly to advance his personal agenda within a short period of time. The fact that he will be leaving that office will likely have little affect on the policies already in place to ensure that schools are pressured into incorporating objectionable material into the public school systems across the country. Even Pediatricians are now being instructed to be prepared for signs of homosexuality.

Homosexuals seem to have conveniently forgotten the fact that homosexuality is still a very controversial issue, and though silver tounged activists and constituent pleasing politicians, are forcing the homosexual's way of life upon American citizens, causing America's moral compass to spin even further out of control, it cannot, and has not, blinded the eyes of most American citizens who are now being forced to watch in horror as lady liberty is sacrificed on the alter of homosexual indulgence.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-30-2011 at 11:21 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 10:39 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,522,012 times
I think it would be nice if the pedagogical powers that be would put as much energy into basics such as reading, writing, and arithmetic as they do into their pet propaganda projects. I don't care if people are gay or trans-whatever, and I think it is fine when students learn about the clownfish in a biology class. But this is a waste of time. And then people wonder why US kids rank dismally in international comparisons...

Old 05-30-2011, 10:40 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,524,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Oh, absolutely. You can even lie to your children and tell them homosexuality isn't normal if you want, it's certainly your right. They'll make it to probably 15 or so and figure it out for themselves anyway, regardless of what you permit or don't permit them to be taught as children of your household. Reality has that effect. And, eventually, they'll make their own choice in regards to the morality of it. No small part due to your sense of morality but also as a result of culture, school, their peers, and their life experiences.

I never got the whole natural thing, though. I mean, I've never got a girl pregnant by kissing her. I'm pretty sure its not possible, although being a user of unnatural birth control I could be confused. Does that mean I'm a practicing homosexual? I just don't comprehend the whole if it doesn't result in babies it's not natural argument. It may be a sin and all, but isn't man, by his very nature, predisposed to sin? If not from our own nature where does this propensity to sin come from? Seems natural to me.

As to same-sex animal junk-rubbing, yup, pretty common. Some of them are interesting. Baboons, for example. You know most of their sex is three-somes? Creepy and unnatural, huh? They're also bisexual. Elephants mate very briefly to procreate but have homosexual relationships that last for years. Many species of birds appear to be monogamous but the females, the sly devils that they are, sneak off and get knocked up by flashier birds with better genetics but less suitable fathering temperaments. Really, though, we're people. You wouldn't expect us to act like homosexual Penguin pairs do and substitute an appropriately shaped rock for an egg, would you?
I think the majority of society and the heterosexual nature that allows the population growth speaks to what's 'normal'. So you understand what the definition of the word normal is :
nor·mal/ˈnôrməl/
Adjective: Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
Noun: The usual, average, or typical state or condition.

So yeah, being gay is not normal. It is most certainly not natural (as you can tell by observing other animals in nature) who don't have the higher mental facilities to decide they want to rub their junk up agains the same sex. I think most kids will look around and can tell by themselves that homosexuality isn't the norm, isn't reproductively functional, and is the personal choice of a small minority of the population. Daddy doesn't need to point out the obvious.

Note i never brought up morality or religion. I simply pointed out natural observations... Functional reproduction and the normal trends of society. As for your notation of the minority occurrences found in nature ... please take note of what percentage exhibit this behavior .. It is 'abnormal' and by no means the common trend.. and you're right .. some animals have bisexual relationships.. orgies.. all kinds of things .. some people like to get gangbanged and have swinger relationships... maybe along w/ homosexuality we should teach impressionable kids about everything... bi-sexuality.. bestiality .. gangbangs and everything .. so they can truly make their free choice ...

Something tells me though, given the low level of academic achievement that America would be far better served teaching kids the core educational subjections like : math, science, etc and leave the many permutations of how you can rub junk w/ something out of the classroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California