Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:32 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,523,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
When parents are pushing their hate onto their children, you better believe that I don't want it.

Amazing how the liberally brainwashed heathens who go through school all the way through college are the ones most likely to be married and have children in wedlock. Damn hippie rabble-rousing American educational system!

Numbers Drop for the Married With Children - washingtonpost.com
Last I checked this is America... It's funny how liberals will rant about freedom and openness but are the first to try to shut someone down when they express conservative beliefs or non-liberal beliefs. I am not a liberal. Nor am I a conservative.. I went through public education and college (masters) .. My parents didn't want me taking sex ed and are quite religious.. They'd dam well not want me taking any course at a young age teaching about someone's personal choice to be a homosexual. I don't hate homosexuals .. I am not one, don't support it, and will do my best to make sure my kids aren't ones and don't support it but I don't hate homosexuals... It's just a lifestyle I don't agree with... and that is my personal and free choice as an American. I am educated, successful, and don't have any kids out of wedlock.

I find liberals oft. time to be the biggest hyprocrits on earth... they talk soo much about their amazing liberal and open beliefs but disagree w/ them and they will try to mandate you take some liberal brainwashing course for you to think differently.. Disagree w/ them and suddenly you hate them and their ideals... Bunch of clowns some of you are sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 07:36 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,414,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You have a point ... maybe we should remove all the children from the parents after birth and raise them in government institutions. Then when they graduate we can allow them back. Yeah, we don't want any of that family "parental" stuff screwing with their heads! Or we can have the kids grow-up with normal gay parents since they can't have kids ... and we just use heterosexual's for producing the babies.

It's no wonder our society is crumbling before our eyes...
Actually for parents found to have right wing views, I think that would be a grand idea. I'd rather the government raised the kids than have them indoctrinated by a bunch of ignorant neanderthals.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
And by science you mean Creationism? Am I right?

I mean you could accomplish the same thing teaching history, but a lot of that stuff is a bit much for a ten year old to handle. That's why we teach fictional happy-go-lucky stories in place of history in primary and secondary education as well.

And Tristram, I think that's exactly why you would want to "unteach" it. Easier to start with a wiped clean slate 'n all.
My parents are Christian.. I was raised Christian.. Attended church everyday. In no way did I find the scientific teachings of the origin of our universe buried in fact to be any attack on my religious belief... The basic assertion, if you are so inclined to believe .. Is... that even the big bang potentially could be related to god's creation... As I recall, this wasn't taught in school ...
They taught us about the factual aspects of evolution.. the factual aspects about the observed universe and lightly touched on the various theories surrounding some of the most earliest stages in the universe....
There are theories a,b,c,d,e,f,g... all the way to z... As a kid, meh'.. creationism was a 10 word sentence that went by along w/ all the other random 'theories' that were thrown out there.

No one broke a sweat or cared about it ... A theory is a theory and the tens of theories that were briefly noted were nothing more than that. No one's life is going to change as a result ... Theory g : the koolaid man created the universe :

All hail Kool-aid man.. who cares.. meh

Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 PM

204 posts, read 202,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
To those who voted yes (6 voted for yes at the time of writing this post), I wonder if you would be OK to live with and possibly have to undo some of the teachings that a school teacher taught your children about "gender diversity."

Teachers should stick with teaching history, math, science, and reading while the parents should take care of the rest.
I agree, sneaky unilateral decisions on the part of school department heads rob parents of their right to raise their children according to the mores they've decided to instill. The bullying of students because of race, size and shape, physical handicap or deformity, or religion, etc..., can be taught using other creative means.

This obvious attempt at graying the lines of what should be considered necessary parts of an elementary school's curriculum, takes advantage of a student's naivete' regarding our sexually charged social climate, in order to progress a clearly unpopular agenda.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-30-2011 at 08:21 PM..

Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Actually for parents found to have right wing views, I think that would be a grand idea. I'd rather the government raised the kids than have them indoctrinated by a bunch of ignorant neanderthals.
Typical liberal ... Open only to the belief that everyone should be a liberal and indoctrinated as such . *sigh. No different than the quack right wing crazies they love to poke fun of.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:45 PM

26,328 posts, read 94,144,652 times
Another one of those "problems" that would go away if government (public) schools were eliminated. It and busing, religion, gay, evolution, creationism, girls only math, etc - all disappear if government schools were eliminated. Education would be a lot cheaper too - right now govy schools are around $8K/kid per year. Who is paying for that?

Old 05-30-2011, 07:52 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,300,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
I agree, sneaky unilateral decisions on the part of school department heads rob parents of their right to raise their children according to the mores they've decided to instill. The bullying of students because of race, size and shape, physical handicap or deformity, or religion, etc..., can be taught using other creative means.

This obvious attempt at graying the lines of what are considered necessary parts of an elementary school's curriculum, takes advantage of a student's naivete' regarding our sexually charged social climate, in order to progress a clearly unpopular agenda.
This is, sadly, what is happening. Children are being used to further a social/political agenda. Whether or not one agrees with the idea of there being more than two genders; i.e., boy/girl, the debate for recognizing such should take place between adults. Instead, a shortcut approach is being used to indoctrinate and probably confuse young minds that are at a very impressionable age. Sad. Hope people stand up against this. BTW, this is a "pilot" program and will become mandatory across the country with the implementation of the Federal Anti-Bullying Program.

From the OP link:

"These Oakland children will be told there are more than two genders, the organization advised the media in a press release last week."

Read more: Oakland school's lessons in gender diversity

Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 PM

22,104 posts, read 25,519,938 times
There's no straight gene, either. Homosexuality has been pervasive through human history and human cultures. I've never been a huge fan of pretending reality doesn't exist because it offends some people. All these non-natural forms of sex such fellatio predate the Jebus Book. I don't think that showing pictures of a man sucking another man off while getting sodomized in art work dating back 2,600 years is the best way to go about teaching that homosexuality is a normal part of human history to a ten year old. Diversity awareness seems much more appropriate than teaching uncensored history.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:58 PM

22,104 posts, read 25,519,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
If parents have a problem with "Creationism" then it shouldn't be taught in school, right? The same applies for gender diversity as well. It's a two way street.
Creationism was taught in my freshman science class. I didn't really have a problem with it. There wasn't a whole lot of emphasis on it, but it was part of the standard curriculum.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
There's no straight gene, either. Homosexuality has been pervasive through human history and human cultures. I've never been a huge fan of pretending reality doesn't exist because it offends some people. All these non-natural forms of sex such fellatio predate the Jebus Book. I don't think that showing pictures of a man sucking another man off while getting sodomized in art work dating back 2,600 years is the best way to go about teaching that homosexuality is a normal part of human history to a ten year old. Diversity awareness seems much more appropriate than teaching uncensored history.
Oh really.. tell me what gene/organ exists that allows two males to procreate ...
or two females to rub genitals together and have a kid. Let me know what your research tuns up. There is a straight gene ... it's called a male organ meeting a female organ and allowing offspring to result. In nature, do you see the vast majority of same sex animals rubbing junk together?

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice ... Beasteality as well as other creative forms of expression are also prevalent throughout history.. Also is the amazing fact that we as human beings have the ability to make personal choices as to how we live our lives.

Why are you referencing the jesus book? At what point was religious precedence referenced here?

It is my personal choice to teach my kids whether or not homosexuality is right or wrong. They will be taught it is something that is not right although is the free choice of others. From such lessons and discussions, they will learn to tolerate homosexuals and treat them as equals as do they should any other human being regardless of their differences.. but no.. my children wont be taught that homosexuality is an o.k lifestyle for them as children of my household.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 05-30-2011 at 08:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California