Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 AM

66 posts, read 277,005 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband and I are looking to relocate from Atlanta to Boulder. Our price range for a house is in the $700K range. We looked at the Holiday neighborhood and surrounding areas and really like the area on our last visit to Boulder. What can you tell us about this location?

We're not that familiar with Boulder neighborhoods, but really want to be within about 3 miles of the downtown area. We don't have any kids and don't plan to. Do you have suggestions for other neighborhoods that might be well suited for us? We are big fans of modern design and would like to have a semblance of a yard, although it doesn't have to be big. We're interested in single family dwellings.

Thanks for any insights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 01:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Boulder is not very large; just about anywhere you live will be within 3 miles of downtown. I don't know the Boulder neighborhoods well enough to advise you; I do know there's not a lot of new building going on there.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:55 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,478,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl-gal View Post
Hi! My husband and I are looking to relocate from Atlanta to Boulder. Our price range for a house is in the $700K range. We looked at the Holiday neighborhood and surrounding areas and really like the area on our last visit to Boulder. What can you tell us about this location?

We're not that familiar with Boulder neighborhoods, but really want to be within about 3 miles of the downtown area. We don't have any kids and don't plan to. Do you have suggestions for other neighborhoods that might be well suited for us? We are big fans of modern design and would like to have a semblance of a yard, although it doesn't have to be big. We're interested in single family dwellings.

Thanks for any insights!
I only know the neighbourhood because that's where my hairdresser is located but it seems to be doing fairly well. Some of the older, more established homes have created lovely little gardens for themselves and there are quite a few businesses on Yellow Pine that are still holding their own. No supermarket or bank or post office but a couple of restaurants, coffeeshops, yoga studios, etc. And a great hairdresser . There is a bus that runs regularly up and down Broadway into downtown Boulder and you're very close to the Highway into Lyons. There always seems to be quite a few people around but I don't know anything about who lives there or the area's background I'm afraid.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,422,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl-gal View Post

Thanks for any insights!
did you look into Dakota Ridge Village? I have designed many homes there and quite a few are of modern design. The builder has a good rep in Colorado as well (Markel Homes) It is within 1/2 mile from holilday to the north west.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 AM

66 posts, read 277,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
did you look into Dakota Ridge Village? I have designed many homes there and quite a few are of modern design. The builder has a good rep in Colorado as well (Markel Homes) It is within 1/2 mile from holilday to the north west.
We had looked there, but it seems that the single family homes are upwards of $1M+. This is a bit out of our price range. Are there other single family houses there (not duplexes) in the $700K range?

Old 09-25-2008, 02:33 PM

698 posts, read 2,048,376 times
If you're a fan of modern design, I would check out Prospect New Town in Longmont even though it's not 3 miles from downtown. It's about a 20 minute drive from Boulder but if you're into design, at least have a look. I love Holiday but it blows them out of the water.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 AM

1,667 posts, read 4,371,160 times
you won't get anything in the way of a yard in Prospect, and no sense of privacy, though. You will have access to the area's best bbq though (Rib House)...

Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,478,177 times
Quite a few of the houses in Prospect do have yards. They are small and most of the houses are not detached or stand-alone, but there are also some that are. You could check out the website at Welcome to Prospect New Town! to see what's available or run a search at coloproperty.com.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Somewhere here on CD I read a post from someone who had lived in Prospect. S/he said that it's a kind of "Peyton Place" where everyone knows everyone else's business. I tried to find the post, but I can't. You might try a search. Of course, all of that is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 PM

1,667 posts, read 4,371,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Somewhere here on CD I read a post from someone who had lived in Prospect. S/he said that it's a kind of "Peyton Place" where everyone knows everyone else's business. I tried to find the post, but I can't. You might try a search. Of course, all of that is in the eye of the beholder.
living on top of each other like that, I can see how it'd be hard to find any privacy..

I fancy taking a pee in my back yard without offending the sensibilities of others..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area