Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 06:05 AM

20 posts, read 53,800 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a 40 yrs single bachelor looking to relocate possibly to Boulder. Someone recommended the Holiday area. What kind of community is Holiday? Would a single guy fit in?

What do people think? I am looking for modern/loft/townhome sort of housing in a walkable community with easy access to hiking, cycling, and trail running.

Are there restaurants/shopping/nightlife nearby or close?

Thanks,
Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 09:52 AM

724 posts, read 1,935,577 times
Hey Nick, I have pictures of Holiday from our trip, toward the end of the album. This will be updated with Longmont in the near future:

http://coloradoaroundboulder.shutterfly.com/

Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 AM

20 posts, read 53,800 times
Thanks it looks neat.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:39 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,817,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applenick View Post
Hi,

I am a 40 yrs single bachelor looking to relocate possibly to Boulder. Someone recommended the Holiday area. What kind of community is Holiday? Would a single guy fit in?

What do people think? I am looking for modern/loft/townhome sort of housing in a walkable community with easy access to hiking, cycling, and trail running.

Thanks,
Nick
I am 43 and single live just south and west of Holiday in Wonderland Hill.

The Holiday area will have a fair amount of singles in there 40's, same goes for the North Broadway loft developments

..You will have Protos Pizza,Amante Coffee, and North Broadway Center for groceries. You also have a lifestyle Safeway in NB..safeways upscale stores.From Holiday you have access to some of Boulder's premier road bike loops..Some of the routes known by locals are called Super J or Jamestown loop,Hygiene loop, North on 36 is the Lyons route, and a half dozen others accessed from Holiday. Closest hiking for you is actually due West of my backyard around Wonderland Lake. If you can find a better and more active outdoor mecca in the US..let me know about that. Boulder is great for singles. My neighborhood is almost all families and it's even dealable. Downtown Boulder has as good if not a better dining scene than Denver.

Check out Peloton on 38th and Arapahoe too ,there are screaming deals on the condos there; I almost bought one as an investment before they broke ground..those prices have really come down. If you are looking to buy there hasn't beena good a time as now since 1990.

For the most walkable lofts you can check out downtown, but be prepared to pay 500-800k for a small one bedroom 700-1100 sqft.. Getting downtown from Holiday or anywhere in Boulder is a breeze with the excellent bus system here, and everyone rides their bikes everywhere. Downtown from Holiday takes about 10-15 minutes by bike. Cab rides rarely exceed 10 dollars..good luck

Old 07-23-2010, 03:16 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,701,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applenick View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Nick

I agree, you really can't go wrong with Boulder if that's what you're looking for.

I lived right next to Wonderland Lake for 12 years. That is an awesome part of town!!

Obviously I don't know you from Adam, but you might find the dating thing somewhat challenging. Don't get me wrong there are PLENTY of women in Boulder. Many are not gonna even give you the slightest time of day if they sniff out that you're not an independently wealthy Trust-funder like themselves. It can be kind of intimidating unless you're the kind of guy that's already retired from your DotCom business you sold for $300 million, or your Daddy is Richard Branson or something.

If you get discouraged and try to lower your sights down to the next rung of more easily available women in the Boulder-Denver area, you might find that experience disappointing, as in "Like, ewwww, dude, yuk."

Aw, heck, you'll probably meet the love of your life your first day there. Too bad she'll be the one to move out of state 3 months later.

There's tons and tons of upsides to Boulder, mainly related to the outdoor activities and amazing scenery around there.

Some of the downsides? Well, it's really crowded with too many cars on the roads in the daylight hours, and oodles of college students everywhere who kind of take over the whole darn town.

The Boulder Valley has some air pollution, but it's not a real problem.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:34 AM

724 posts, read 1,935,577 times
and oodles of college students everywhere who kind of take over the whole darn town.

I have to admit, I kinda like that. When we lived in Austin, it's was the college and the students that give the city so much vibrancy and life. It's good to have constant new ideas and influences.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:42 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,701,316 times
Yep, it's a real LOVE, HATE kind of thing...I would agree overall the immediate presence of college students is a plus for Boulder (and probably Austin too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area