Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 06:27 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times

Advertisements

Check out Ronan park in Dorchester. It is somewhat surprising that place hasn't become more of destination given its nice views. There's a playground too. Perfect spot for a picnic or to sit and chat/read. I guess maybe the neighborhood is too off putting for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 06:35 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Check out Ronan park in Dorchester. It is somewhat surprising that place hasn't become more of destination given its nice views. There's a playground too. Perfect spot for a picnic or to sit and chat/read. I guess maybe the neighborhood is too off putting for some.
It’s just the housing stock sucks and it’s not near anything trendy. Given the price it’s probably not justifiable for most, they could spend the same and live in southie or JP.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:42 PM

Well I don't even mean move there. I was just saying check out Ronan park in general if you're into park and nice views and don't want a crowd.

It's not trendy I guess but there are some cool restaurants nearby.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:48 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
I'm very familiar with Ronan Park but it's not on my normal beat these days and a little out of the way. If I was in Dot and wanted a quiet place I'd go out to the Harbor by UMass.

Old 09-26-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Well I don't even mean move there. I was just saying check out Ronan park in general if you're into park and nice views and don't want a crowd.

It's not trendy I guess but there are some cool restaurants nearby.
Yea id live there in a heartbeat. Great views, field corner T stop is close by, corner stores, access to I93, Banh Mi, Blarney Stone, Antonios, BosBurger..but I guess some of those spots arent alluring ... As recently as 2017 there were a few burnt out homes in that area, not just the well known one. Albeit Draper Street is there and that is established gang territory.

Old 09-26-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
There used to be obscure outdoor spots you could go if you wanted to just sit and read a book or have a conversation with someone. Now it seems every spot is either occupied before you get there or a group of people come up on you with their kids or their dogs, pot smoking or whatever and destroy the peace. Crazy.
I mean..that's what we wanted, that's what city officials wanted-vibrancy. That's kinda what keeps crime at bay and keeps the city healthy. Double-edged sword.

Old 09-26-2021, 07:12 PM

Vibrancy is one thing but there are also quality of life issues that come with too many people including those of the inconsiderate type.

Old 09-26-2021, 07:17 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Vibrancy is one thing but there are also quality of life issues that come with too many people including those of the inconsiderate type.
Yes. I used to love the science museum, mfa and Gardner museum. Going there just became more of a stressful experience for me. It doesn't help when people are rude and not observant of their surroundings as they walk around either.

Old 09-26-2021, 07:19 PM

Why should they look, you're supposed to look where they are headed and go around them.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:55 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Yea id live there in a heartbeat. Great views, field corner T stop is close by, corner stores, access to I93, Banh Mi, Blarney Stone, Antonios, BosBurger..but I guess some of those spots arent alluring ... As recently as 2017 there were a few burnt out homes in that area, not just the well known one. Albeit Draper Street is there and that is established gang territory.
Hendry street gang is one I know is near there too. I lived in that neighborhood for 5 years and never had any issues. I had some annoying neighbors who were loud and seemed to spend their lives just drinking and smoking but They never bothered me personally. There were definitely some people in the neighborhood that just seemed down and out. They didn't seem to have jobs because they were always home. I remember reading in the paper that one of the girls who would hang out there got hit by a car and died in fields corner. She seemed high anytime I saw her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston