Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2023, 10:00 AM

16,668 posts, read 8,384,368 times

Advertisements

Anyone who hits a car by opening a car door in parking spots is a complete moron.

Last edited by msRB311; 01-03-2023 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 10:05 AM

23,748 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Anyone who hits a car but opening a car door in parking spots is a complete moron.

There are way too many of them in general. And somewhere like the Chelsea Market Basket, or ANY Walmart, the share is going to be substantially higher.

Old 01-03-2023, 10:58 AM

12,939 posts, read 22,109,374 times
Plenty of idiots and inconsiderate people out there. But kids are notorious for flinging the back door open in parking lots too. Some of those rear SUV doors are pretty wide and little kids often don't have the reach or the presence of mind to gently open them with the caution and care to avoid dinging neighboring cars. A good parent will remind their kid to be careful and even use the child locks when necessary, but even a good parent will slip up occasionally. Hopefully they'd leave a note with their info when a slip up happens though.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:05 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Plenty of idiots and inconsiderate people out there. But kids are notorious for flinging the back door open in parking lots too. Some of those rear SUV doors are pretty wide and little kids often don't have the reach or the presence of mind to gently open them with the caution and care to avoid dinging neighboring cars. A good parent will remind their kid to be careful and even use the child locks when necessary, but even a good parent will slip up occasionally. Hopefully they'd leave a note with their info when a slip up happens though.
We taught our kids not to do this as soon as they could open the door. Even today we say, be careful when you open the door or we'll tell them not to open the doors and we'll just do it. I don't want to deal with them hitting someone else's car when opening plus it's a good life skill to have. Marks can also be made on your own door I would think if you slammed it hard into the side of another car.

I was once sitting in my car when an idiot woman opened her door and hit mine. I said something to her about it and she seemed all shocked and was like, I barely hit it and got all defensive. If I could hear it and feel it, you hit my car and it wasn't lightly. There's no reason for a thinking person to hit a car when opening a door. She just didn't give a sh*t and was unlucky that I was sitting in the car. I certainly wasn't going to say nothing. I've actually had this happen twice...and I remember being a kid and an old man did it to my parents when they had a new car as we all sat in the car. My parents said nothing.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:14 AM

23,748 posts, read 18,863,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

True and this is why you typically see responsible parents leave a space or two around them, as parking 8 inches over from the next vehicle is asking for trouble when you have kids in tow (not to mention a hindrance with all the loading and unloading that comes with it). And especially with a larger SUV.

Old 01-03-2023, 11:19 AM

3,696 posts, read 1,905,935 times
Quote:
We taught our kids not to do this as soon as they could open the door. Even today we say, be careful when you open the door or we'll tell them not to open the doors and we'll just do it. I don't want to deal with them hitting someone else's car when opening plus it's a good life skill to have. Marks can also be made on your own door I would think if you slammed it hard into the side of another car.

I was once sitting in my car when an idiot woman opened her door and hit mine. I said something to her about it and she seemed all shocked and was like, I barely hit it and got all defensive. If I could hear it and feel it, you hit my car and it wasn't lightly. There's no reason for a thinking person to hit a car when opening a door. She just didn't give a sh*t and was unlucky that I was sitting in the car. I certainly wasn't going to say nothing. I've actually had this happen twice...and I remember being a kid and an old man did it to my parents when they had a new car as we all sat in the car. My parents said nothing.
Probably about 5 or 6 years ago I was day three with my new car and went to Burlington mall. When I parked there was absolutely no one next to me on either side and the parking lot was quite empty as it was during a weekday /non holiday time. I was in Macy's maybe 20 minutes and came out to find my rear driver side passenger door dented in the size of a quarter. I'm guessing someone parked in that spot had a kid or someone swing their door open not paying attention and the top far edge of their door banged into my door and they drove off without leaving a note. Paintless dent repair was able to pop it, but when the light hit it at the right angle you could still see the area where it happened. For this reason I cringe at the thought of buying a brand new car. It's almost like if you buy a car that is a year old with low mileage, makes it not feel as bad if something like that happens to a brand new one.

I've never been in my car at the time to call someone out on swinging their door into mine but I have been in my car when I've had someone leave a shopping cart next to my car after they were done unloading. I did roll my window down and called a woman out on that once! (All I said was "Excuse me, are you just going to leave that cart right there?)" I think she was in shock and didn't even know what to say but she didn't bother to move the cart to the corral either, just continued getting in her car.

Old 01-03-2023, 09:00 PM

Man didn't like his coffee:

https://whdh.com/news/police-searchi...is-coffee/amp/

I don't like his outfit. I mean wtf is he wearing

Old 01-04-2023, 09:12 AM

2,280 posts, read 1,350,352 times
Quote:
Whenever committing a crime always wear the flashiest outfit you have. Stealth 101....LOL

Old 01-04-2023, 09:32 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,707,627 times
Quote:
Man didn't like his coffee:

https://whdh.com/news/police-searchi...is-coffee/amp/

The latest in pajamawear, for overgrown babies.

Old 01-04-2023, 10:17 AM

I actually thought it was a toddler when I glanced at first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston