Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 11:24 AM

12,933 posts, read 22,104,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
So let's try again - traffic stops are how majority of the criminals get caught, so no profiling and five figures worth of additional shootings and murders nationwide as well as additional thousands of kilos of fentanyl and heroin on the streets as perfectly acceptable collateral damage?
Right. Because there's currently such a shortage of fentanyl and heroin on the streets and illegal firearms are so hard to come by right now. Thank you, profiling!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 11:25 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
Quote:
Where did I say any black person? Didn't you yourself say three young black males with dreadlocks, most likely not wearing fine Armani suits and listening to Vivaldi, in a rental car with out of state plates in an area known for heavy drug trafficking?

So let's try again - traffic stops are how majority of the criminals get caught, so no profiling and five figures worth of additional shootings and murders nationwide as well as additional thousands of kilos of fentanyl and heroin on the streets as perfectly acceptable collateral damage?
Not in a rental car, Very clearly not a rental car...

how would one know what music were listening to? Sturbridge MA and the Mass pike is known for drug trafficking??

Youre making it sound like we just came down the I-10 outta Waco with a heavy trunk.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:27 AM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311;60872757[B
]Do we want cops to stop going after people who look like other people for fear of being racist?[/b]

If I was pulled over because I Looked like some psycho killer or robber I would probably just have an exciting story to tell.
Yes, we do. I looked like no one but me. and my two passengers.

This wasn't even mistaken identity this was just "I wanna see if yall are doing anything suspicious, you're black so odd are you are otherwise I woudlnt waste my own time"

Old 04-21-2021, 11:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 6,370,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Sturbridge MA and the Mass pike is known for drug trafficking?? .
I-84 to I-90 is the primary route used to funnel illegal drugs from the slums of NJ/NY/CT up into the rest of New England.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:47 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,067,827 times
Well no, it's mostly because when it comes to cooperating with police no one has ever sees ****, pig, even though everyone and their grandma knows who shot whom, who sells Pandemic and who sells Plymouth Rock. As you said there's already more than enough guns and dope out there but there would be even more if a bunch of dumb criminals didn't get busted driving around with a trunk full of dope and a gun in plain view. Unfortunately profiling is just about the only way cops can actually arrest criminals given the complete and utter lack of cooperating witnesses - start snitching and cops will stop pulling over random cars driven by young black males once they know exactly who they're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Right. Because there's currently such a shortage of fentanyl and heroin on the streets and illegal firearms are so hard to come by right now. Thank you, profiling!

Last edited by bigfatdude; 04-21-2021 at 11:59 AM..

Old 04-21-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I-84 to I-90 is the primary route used to funnel illegal drugs from the slums of NJ/NY/CT up into the rest of New England.
Just the typical #BLM logic - hey pig, stop doing what allows you to get guns off the streets and prevent shootings! Hey pig, why are there so many shootings, why aren't you doing your job?

Old 04-21-2021, 12:05 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,330,947 times
Quote:
You don't know who Crump&Co is? What kind of acabbie are you? Also you don't think juries will vote the way the lynch mob waiting outside the courthouse and the cancel mob waiting on the internet wants them to vote?

So let's try again - you call the cops because your 6'2", 280lb "man" got loaded again and walked you into the door, acab and all but can't call ghostbusters when you're getting beat up by a non-ghost. Cop shows up, needless to say "the man" gets combative and confrontational. Are you OK with cop leaving, letting you deal with it and coming back later when things calm down and "the man" goes willingly, or do you expect him to engage in a violent struggle and get sued into the ground because a nose got broken and a rib got bruised in the process?
People aren't protesting because of broken noses and bruised ribs in the act of subduing a violent suspect. But, if those ribs were bruised unnecessarily, then yeah, he should get sued into the ground. A cop walking away from that is playing the Jessup card again: if we don't let them do things their way, on their terms, with impunity, even when they are wrong, they don't want to do them at all. Sounds like a cop in need of a new job, preferably far, far away from anything with responsibility.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:16 PM

16,643 posts, read 8,369,674 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Yes, we do. I looked like no one but me. and my two passengers.

This wasn't even mistaken identity this was just "I wanna see if yall are doing anything suspicious, you're black so odd are you are otherwise I woudlnt waste my own time"
It's a little naive to think you and your friends look like no one but yourselves, lol. If youre a cop and you're on the lookout for a white female with black hair don't you think you'd be speaking with any white female with black hair you came across?

None of this has anything to do with the fact that Chauvin could have taken his knee off Floyd's neck and he didnt.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:23 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,330,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Unfortunately profiling does happen. If a black person is in a majority white community they might be looked at as suspicious. On the other hand a white person looks suspicious in a place like mattapan as well...i actually know cops who have pulled over white guys in roxbury/mattapan for solicitation or drugs.
Today, psychologists understand implicit bias (which is still a form of racism, even if it is subconscious) much better than we used to years ago, and it can be trained to and taught to, particularly to people paid to work in a position of authority such as police. It's going to take time to break those habits across entire societies, but police should be early adopters of this and yet they're not. The idea of a black in a majority white community should not suspicious to a police officer as they should be trained to find the actual suspicious cues. Profiling's a problem because it has lumped in things like race as a suspicious cue. If profiling were purely based upon things people do, it would be fine, but it's come to include things people are, and that's not ok.

Someone with shifty eyes and shuffling a gun hidden in their pants should be suspicious. Being black in a majority white neighborhood should not be suspicious.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:32 PM

And who gets to decide whether those bruised ribs were unnecessary - could it be the jury with lynch mob waiting outside and cancel mob waiting online? And more importantly, who in their right mind would be willing to get dragged to court after every arrest of non-cooperating perp? No one likes ambulance-chasing parasites but there's going to be 100 cruiser-chasing parasites for each one of those if qualified immunity is completely abolished.

And speaking of qualified immunity, how do you feel about judges - should we get rid of their qualified immunity and hold them responsible for all the violent recidivist criminals who went on to injure or murder someone when the judge felt like they deserved 386437645th second chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
People aren't protesting because of broken noses and bruised ribs in the act of subduing a violent suspect. But, if those ribs were bruised unnecessarily, then yeah, he should get sued into the ground. A cop walking away from that is playing the Jessup card again: if we don't let them do things their way, on their terms, with impunity, even when they are wrong, they don't want to do them at all. Sounds like a cop in need of a new job, preferably far, far away from anything with responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston