Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2023, 01:08 PM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
This article won't help Boston's reputation.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...celtics-career
Why would it affect the reputation of racism at all? Paul Pierce wasn’t stabbed by white supremacists.

This is the same as with the Jaylen Brown article. Pierce isn’t talking about racism here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2023, 01:11 PM

21,627 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
This article won't help Boston's reputation.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...celtics-career
Okay so these were black people lmao. Everyone know this’d it’s was the made men/rap/wiseguyz

Also Doc Rivers had his house burned to the ground for marrying a white woman. Never mentioned again.

Lakers fan spray painted N word on LeBrons garage. Pay Beverly just spoke in Lakers fans himself…no one’s gonna link it to racism.

Dallas fans just booed Kyrie and he’s been there a week. In fact he gets booed everywhere. But Boston fans are delusional and ran him out of there… https://www.outkick.com/kyrie-irving...lotte-hornets/

Old 03-26-2023, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
Why would it affect the reputation of racism at all? Paul Pierce wasn’t stabbed by white supremacists.

This is the same as with the Jaylen Brown article. Pierce isn’t talking about racism here.
It’s the knee jerk reaction that’s absolutely crazy lol.

It’s like when Jay Williams said Ime Udoka was the Celtics first black coach when IRL they’ve hired more black coaches than any team in NBA and probably pro sports history..

Old 03-26-2023, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Nyc bias to cities around them?!? No never!!! Lol

This is why I like Philly. Their egos dont consume their personalities.
Lol NYC bias to Boston just cropped up again in their recent tourism campaign.

For a city where people keep claiming they never think about Boston, they sure talk a lot about Boston: https://www.universalhub.com/2023/ci...ey-never-think

You may have heard about New York City's failed attempt to upgrade the I HEART NY slogan (which was meant to be for the whole state, yes, even the parts north of the Bronx) to WE HEART NYC. They've coupled that with some Boston dissing:

https://twitter.com/butlikesrsly/sta...ey-never-think

Old 03-26-2023, 01:29 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,116,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post

Point taken, but the headline was written in a way that kinda alluded to it being fans. People see that and assume 'there goes Boston fans being racist again'.

the article posted on Twitter and the comments were what you'd expect to be with that type of headline and Boston. Probably why it was left vague.... Boston + Black Athlete + Fans = clicks, views and traffic.

Old 03-26-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Point taken, but the headline was written in a way that kinda alluded to it being fans. People see that and assume 'there goes Boston fans being racist again'.

the article posted on Twitter and the comments were what you'd expect to be with that type of headline and Boston. Probably why it was left vague.... Boston + Black Athlete + Fans = clicks, views and traffic.
Click traffic.

Had absolutely nothing to do with white people or fans.

I saw the same reaction when a civil rights activist was stabbed in a park in Roxbury a few months ago.

Main suspect was black but Twitter said it must’ve been a white supremacist because it happened in Boston.

For context here’s Jaylen Brown and said civil rights activist at his gala in Boston: https://twitter.com/nbc10boston/stat...1WVkdq1xOdfo2g

Old 03-26-2023, 05:05 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
My take- Bostonian people are LOUD. Including people with less-than-palatable world views.

I knew a "Mass H*le" who was nice to me but in other interactions in his lifetime, he earned a lot of hatred.

Point blank when there's a racist around, better you know sooner than later.

Old 03-26-2023, 08:25 PM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
As a kid I remember talk about how racist Boston was after a case in the 80's where a white couple were shot. The wife and their unborn child sadly didn't survive. The husband claimed a black man did it when in fact it was he who did it and later committed suicide. A lot of black men were needlessly harassed. I know several people who are minorities (black and hispanic) that say Boston is no worse than any other large city and that they haven't had any problems. I'll be heading up there for a meet and greet next year so I'll find out for myself what the city is like.

Old 03-27-2023, 01:45 AM

1,109 posts, read 745,272 times
I made a post not so bad the other day and they removed it because of "negativity." and yet they let this go?

Old 03-27-2023, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
I agree that this would likely be the opinion of the masses, with the exception of Detroit.

Detroit is memorable in that it was once a powerhouse city, and has become a mere shell of itself. The urban decay and vastness of its poverty is definitely something that sticks with you. But a visit to Detroit is about as forgettable as any major city in North America, otherwise.
Just went to Detroit. Never going back.

Really strikes me how in depressed areas/cities the things people consider "great" or "fantastic" seem very mediocre and average.

Like....Downtown Detroit was very average, and the Riverwalk was thoroughly mediocre- yet the people are so excited about it and have a glimmer in their eyes. It really makes you wonder what it was like"15 years ago" if this is the cats meow...... Their average neighborhood was just depressing. But the whole place is so struggling you can see how Downtown and Corktown may be a little "revitalized" only because so much of the decay is still glaringly obvious. All the folks I work with from Boston were like ????

It was a huge adjustment going from Chicago to Detroit. Everything changed on a 55-minute flght.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston