Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:33 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,877,703 times

Advertisements

I bet that over 50% of players in the 90's were on the sauce. It was the steroid era. In that era, ARod was the best player. He would be the best in an era were nobody was on the juice.
Stop crying about it, jeez. Its a game and has no bearing on reality.
Please don't tell me about role models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 06:05 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,068,673 times
More reason to hate that jacka$$! Proves me right again!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,895 times
if any of these players get into trouble so should their suppliers, they are quick to name drop, they should get the stinky end of the stick as well

Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,362,886 times
Hopefully MLB goes away now.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:34 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,502,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
He's a phony. CNNSI has a great photo comparison of him from 1993 to current. Look at him between 2000 and 2003. Its obvious. But he's not the only one. They say the list has 104 players on it. Your favorite player might be on there too.....

GO RED SOX!
During the 1996-1997 seaseon he was not that big, but wow.
i'm shocked.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,849,416 times
I love the Yankees but A-rod is a mess. He has so many psychological problems it's ridiculous. Now he's got this going on, too. I wish they'd just get rid of him. I know it's not that simple. He is scary bad at 3rd and he can only hit when it doesn't matter that much (most times). What a waste.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 7 days ago)

52,715 posts, read 48,024,392 times
I'll sum it up like this: Nothing that's happening in MLB really surprises me anymore. It's such a waste when this guy had all the ability in the world to be a great player, having all the ingredients you need.

Shameful. Just shameful.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:52 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,296,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
I bet that over 50% of players in the 90's were on the sauce. It was the steroid era. In that era, ARod was the best player. He would be the best in an era were nobody was on the juice.
Stop crying about it, jeez. Its a game and has no bearing on reality.
Please don't tell me about role models.
So the players who played the game honestly and didn't use roids should not be mad? Nahh who cares, same attitude baseball showed that got us into this mess.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:01 PM

18,237 posts, read 25,897,364 times
I don't know that one could stick into baseball or not over this latest discovery. After the strike I cared less about the game until Cal Ripken broke Lou Gehrig's consecutive game record. It's no wonder I always ramble about the old days, the players from the 1960"s and before.

This has gotten completely nauseating. What's even more maddening is an item I heard on the radio (program escapes me) about how Commissioner Bud Selig makes over $15 million a season. Can anyone out there confirm that for me?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,684,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I don't know that one could stick into baseball or not over this latest discovery. After the strike I cared less about the game until Cal Ripken broke Lou Gehrig's consecutive game record. It's no wonder I always ramble about the old days, the players from the 1960"s and before.

This has gotten completely nauseating. What's even more maddening is an item I heard on the radio (program escapes me) about how Commissioner Bud Selig makes over $15 million a season. Can anyone out there confirm that for me?
Same with me about Cal Ripken. I gave up in 1989 when they still let all the Cokeheads and convicts do whatever they wanted with no consequence. By 1991, Steve Howe was on his SEVENTH chance in MLB (I actually won a bet because somebody couldn't believe it!)

Steriods were big by 1993 because Lenny Dykstra was bragging to Jayson Stark in Spring Training about his "Special Vitamins" when Jayson commented on (Lenny's) "new physique." A bunch of the key players on that '93 team were obviously juiced and it's no secret.

I'd be shocked to know the names of players who actually didn't use throughout these years. THEY would certainly be newsworthy oddities.
It was so widely accepted, and condoned, by MLB. Every MLB trainer had to be aware...

MLB has had me appreciating one Vince McMahon more each day. MLB has been trying to imitate WWE/F since the '90s -- more show than anything. I'll take Vince's Sports Entertainment product anyday.

Yup. Slug makes 18.3something MILLION -- and great article here: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...2242093.column

What passes for "news Journalism" on TV these days makes me sick. NO mention on "newscasts" regarding the LIST -- and the other 103 names on the LIST with ARod-- and the news idiots led it off with "News Bombshell!" An (alleged) "news" SPORTSCASTER actually referred to him as "Aroid & AFraud" (because she most likely saw these on the Internet baseball forums but acted as though she'd just thought of these incredible ideas herself.)
Since when can "newspeople" do this, anyways? (This is a network affiliate local news -- not sports-talk radio here.)

Yeah, SIX year old "news."
I'll tell the alleged "newspeople": Wake me up when he tests positive tomorrow, whydontchya, and what the OTHER 103 NAMES ON THERE ARE.

Last edited by Travel'r; 02-08-2009 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: Found Slug's salary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball