Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM

29 posts, read 79,857 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me why there is no high speed trains in USA?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:14 AM

96 posts, read 258,612 times
Right now I have one car, a Chevy Prizm. I live in the city so there is bus service as a backup if the car was ever out of commission. But if I lived in the suburbs or out in the country having two cars to me is common sense. I have thought about buying an old pickup truck for hauling stuff.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 AM

1,121 posts, read 6,559,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcas View Post
We already do, and
this is as fast as you're going to get for a while.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,712,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofmotown View Post
Hey Tightwad I thought you only needed one car?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...batteries.html
The need for one car is constant if you can afford one. While I do own two I never said that I needed two. Both are paid for and growing older so I always have one car that is in operation to take me/wife to doctors and such. So I equate to very old vehicles to one. Simple huh?

Old 11-21-2009, 01:29 PM

11,557 posts, read 53,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
The need for one car is constant if you can afford one. While I do own two I never said that I needed two. Both are paid for and growing older so I always have one car that is in operation to take me/wife to doctors and such. So I equate to very old vehicles to one. Simple huh?
Not a simple equvalency if there are two drivers in your home and both operating the cars at the same time.

As all of my vehicles also have high mileage and are older, how would you make equivalents out of them, given that I can only drive one at a time?

Old 11-21-2009, 01:29 PM

49 posts, read 220,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
No, it's not simple. Your telling everyone they should have only one car when you actually have 2. You made my point, you need 2 cars like most of us in case something happens to the other car. I don't care if they are paid for that's not what is being discussed! The OP said how many cars do you need and you need 2! Thanks for playing.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:06 PM

11,156 posts, read 29,378,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcas View Post
cause in north america we have massive mountain ranges which prevent trains from going really fast

Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,458,342 times
Need? One. Want? Well, that's another story...........

Eclipse GT for the power. But I'd get rid of it if I could pick up a nice little Trans Am WS6. Some day.

Miata for the size / fuel economy. And because it's fun!

Jeep Wrangler because they're fun. Yep, that's it, just for the fun factor.

Lexus ES300 for the comfort. Long trips in a Miata suck. Fun, but painful after about 16 hours behind the wheel.

SUV - preferably an Explorer - for hubby because it's the only thing he can get in and out of comfortably.

In all honesty, I'm just a car *****. (Can I say that?)

Anyway, I love cars. Of different kinds for different reasons to be driven dependant on my mood that day.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,712,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofmotown View Post
No, it's not simple. Your telling everyone they should have only one car when you actually have 2. You made my point, you need 2 cars like most of us in case something happens to the other car. I don't care if they are paid for that's not what is being discussed! The OP said how many cars do you need and you need 2! Thanks for playing.
Ya know, I've been thinking about what kind of person it would take to research another members post so as to gather info to contrive to embarrass them in a public forum with a distorted post.

I'm sorry but I can think of only one kind of person who would do this. They are called.......... a Rat.

Let's not forget that I never said I owned only one car so I have to wonder what your motive really is here.........

Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 PM

1,628 posts, read 4,046,442 times
Wow! What a maroon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive